For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

It's getting close to our February departure on AOS. Time to break out the cruise wear. I only hope the moths haven't eaten it...yet another Seinfeld reference for ckrobyn and johnbob7...

Yeah, you'd have to burn them.......;)

bobj

Everything that the weatherman was predicting is sitting in my driveway. The guy is on a streak of being right lately.:mad:

Now my cruise is only 45 days away..... but I am still not counting. :D

I can't believe DW and I are talking about moving back down there, you are worse off then us right now;) (her mom lives in Westerly).

Everything that the weatherman was predicting is sitting in my driveway. The guy is on a streak of being right lately.:mad:

Now my cruise is only 45 days away..... but I am still not counting. :D

I share your pain. Probably over a foot here in Braintree. Nasty, heavy, gloopy stuff. Sure is pretty to watch falling but I'm sure I'll be cursing it when I'm out shoveling the stuff later on.

Lucky you! I'm at 87 days...

I share your pain. Probably over a foot here in Braintree. Nasty, heavy, gloopy stuff. Sure is pretty to watch falling but I'm sure I'll be cursing it when I'm out shoveling the stuff later on.

Lucky you! I'm at 87 days...

Glad to see that there is someone else like me who doesn't count.....:p

Teeara,

We are also going to those islands (Aruba, Dominica, etc..) and would like info. We are a group of 18 and have never been on AOS. We are looking forward to it. I loved The Serenade on our last cruise.

Thank you to everyone who has made me so excited to cruise on the AOS. 46 more days!!!

We are getting snow today. Got 13" overnight & another 15" so by 4pm this afternoon, bring on the Caribbean!!!

Teeara,

We are also going to those islands (Aruba, Dominica, etc..) and would like info. We are a group of 18 and have never been on AOS. We are looking forward to it. I loved The Serenade on our last cruise.

Thank you to everyone who has made me so excited to cruise on the AOS. 46 more days!!!

We are getting snow today. Got 13" overnight & another 15" so by 4pm this afternoon, bring on the Caribbean!!!

I've done the Serenade & the AOS --- I loved them both but they are definitely different ships! That said ..... You'll love the AOS!!!

I'm in southeastern Rensselaer County NY (just over from MA) -- I don't even know how much we've had overnite & today. I just know I'm at 67 DAYS & I'm counting too!!!!

Snowing big time here - - looking forward to this trip.

Has anyone taken pop (soda) on the ship lately? Did you check with luggage or carry on?

Thanks

We took pop on the Oasis last February. I brought a folding duffel bag from home and then put the pop & water in the duffel with a tag and it arrived with no problem.

I am thinking of putting two or three bottles of the small 12oz caffiene free diet coke's double wrapped in zip lock baggies in each of my suitcases. Has anyone done this.....do you think they will explode on the plane??:(:(

We took pop on the Oasis last February. I brought a folding duffel bag from home and then put the pop & water in the duffel with a tag and it arrived with no problem.

I am thinking of putting two or three bottles of the small 12oz caffiene free diet coke's double wrapped in zip lock baggies in each of my suitcases. Has anyone done this.....do you think they will explode on the plane??:(:(

Are you arriving the day before the cruise? If so, just find a Walgreens and buy your diet coke there :) I wouldn't take a chance packing soda's in your suitcase.......who knows how much pressure could build up in those cans?????:eek:

I'm sure this question has been asked and answered before, but I'm too lazy to look it up. The older I get, the lazier I get. But I digress...

Which of the two formal nights has the lobster, or fisherman's platter (or whatever they're calling it nowadays)...and what day is it? We're planning on doing something else on the other formal night...

Just got back from the AOS on Sunday and the Lobster night is not on either of the formal nights, it was on Friday a casual evening. On this cruise there was 2 formal evenings and the rest were casual, not even semi-formal. I was surprised to see this!

Ill post my review of the cruise this weekend :)

Just got back from the AOS on Sunday and the Lobster night is not on either of the formal nights, it was on Friday a casual evening. On this cruise there was 2 formal evenings and the rest were casual, not even semi-formal. I was surprised to see this!

Ill post my review of the cruise this weekend :)

Interesting. We leave on the AOS this Sunday the 16th. Where you on Curacao, Dominica route. Do you happen to have loved the Sky Bar and remember any of the bartenders names up there? Thanks, T

Teeara,

It appears that we are sailing the same week...different ships.

Hello-

We are going on AOS in 51 days (definately counting!!) :) This will be our first RCCL cruise. I am curious to know what time everyone typically heads to the pier and what is the earliest you have ever seen people board?

Thanks!

Luckily, everyone doesn't go at the same time! ;) I would say that there is a large group that wants to be on early (count me in!) that shows up between 11:30 and 12 (with a few showing up before that), and then they trickle in all day till 5 or 6. Maybe a clump around 2.

I don't think boarding ever starts a whole lot before noon (someone will correct me if I'm wrong). But be aware that occasionally because of prior cruise issues with disembark or cleaning, they may not start boarding till a little later. :eek:

bobj

Interesting. We leave on the AOS this Sunday the 16th. Where you on Curacao, Dominica route. Do you happen to have loved the Sky Bar and remember any of the bartenders names up there? Thanks, T

We went to Curacao Dominica St Thomas and Aruba. We went to the Sky Bar many of times, but our favorite bartender Adrian left the boat to head home for his 3 months off. I dont even know anyone else's names since we only went to Adrian. Sorry! Enjoy your trip!

SINGLE DIGITS!!!!!!

If my husband doesn't wear a sports coat or tux on formal nights will he be ok? Just a shirt and tie?

He will be completely fine. This cruise every night (even formals) I saw many more causal dressers. We saw jeans every night!

So jealous!!!! I still have to wait another 30 days :o

Have a great cruise!!!!

Archived