For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

Was there a Beatles show on your cruise? Where was the shop for water, soda etc pre-boarding? AND you could carry it on? Alcohol too?

First of all thanks for the comments on my trip report. Yes, Mrs. Schmoopie loves the ring (as do I).

As for the Beatles show, I heard they moved that show to the Liberty (apparently right before our cruise on 2/27).

The store is right inside the dock passenger loading place. I will second the comment about the little (airplane size) bottles. I would have taken a couple for my pockets, but they had no tequila in the tiny bottles, so I didn't buy any.

Thnak you for the info regarding the MTD. One last question for you. If I chose a 7 or 7:30pm reservation for MTD, would that give me the flexibility to go to either the early or late shows? Is there a normal start time for the shows? Don't know if it matters, but I am sailing on 2/19/12.

Thanks again.

CrusingJoe: your comments are rude and not true....maybe you need a cruise! ;) After as many cruises as you have been on you probably never have to wait in a line anyway. By the way..... we are not chair hogs and stay in them all day long, sunrise to sunset!

The main terminal has very little in it and the little store is easy to find. It is on the opposite side of the building than the check in desks. You can't miss it. There was absolutely no problem carrying on soda and water. The alcohol is at your own risk. We didn't bring anything on but could have put the small bottles in our pockets as they only scanned our carry on bags.

There was a Beatles show on the cruise but we didn't go. In St Maartin we took a group taxi to Orient Beach and in St Croix we took a group taxi to Sandcastle Resort ( $6 round trip pp, altho you could walk there from the ship) $5 per chair and relaxed on the beach. Highly recommend both!

There was a Beatles show on the cruise but we didn't go.

Seriously???? We wanted to see this show since it had been on AOS right up until our cruise on 2/27. We heard they moved it to the Liberty...and also saw a trip report from someone on the Liberty who said they saw the "Revolution" Beatles production show on that ship. You're not confusing this with Beatles night in Jester's Lounge where they play Beatles records (most of which skip) are you?? :confused:

Seriously???? We wanted to see this show since it had been on AOS right up until our cruise on 2/27. We heard they moved it to the Liberty...and also saw a trip report from someone on the Liberty who said they saw the "Revolution" Beatles production show on that ship. You're not confusing this with Beatles night in Jester's Lounge where they play Beatles records (most of which skip) are you?? :confused:

I mirror your sentiments exactly.....I was really hoping for a chance to see the Beatles show!

Oh, by the way.....I downloaded a new ringtone for my blackberry and it's George's famous answering machine message!!! Makes me howl every time I hear it!!! :p

sorry about that Beatles report...NO there was not a Beatles show on our cruise last week.

Oh but I do not. And don't call me Surely.;) From the movie Airplane just in case you didn't get it.:D

I love Airplane. Great movie. Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue...;):D

I mirror your sentiments exactly.....I was really hoping for a chance to see the Beatles show!

Can't get enough Beatles stuff. We went to the Beatles museum in Liverpool (major tourist trap), have seen "Love", the Beatles Cirque de Soleil production in Vegas (highly recommended), we saw a touring production of the Beatles last year (can't remember what they called it) and we regularly follow an Illinois-based Beatles tribute band (American English) which sounds and looks as much like the Beatles as we've ever seen. There used to be a band in Milwaukee (the Britons) which may have been one of the first Beatles tribute bands, but they pale in comparison to American English.

I love Airplane. Great movie. Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue...;):D

Sounds like we need to get you to a hospital.

Hospital? What is it?

It's a big building where they take sick people...but that's not important right now.

Can't get enough Beatles stuff. We went to the Beatles museum in Liverpool (major tourist trap), have seen "Love", the Beatles Cirque de Soleil production in Vegas (highly recommended), we saw a touring production of the Beatles last year (can't remember what they called it) and we regularly follow an Illinois-based Beatles tribute band (American English) which sounds and looks as much like the Beatles as we've ever seen. There used to be a band in Milwaukee (the Britons) which may have been one of the first Beatles tribute bands, but they pale in comparison to American English.

Oh, so a groupy Dead Head whanna be are ya? Ya prob'ly went to Woodstock too.;).....just kidding.:eek:

Robyn, are you going to answer my questions? I haven't left on my cruise yet! 23 days until I board the ship.

Theresa

And why should she answer your questions before we get to the real important stuff? I want to know if she went to Harrison's Cave or not. She has been very secretive since returning.

So Joey, want to come up front and visit the cockpit?

Archived