For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

Does anyone know how much a cab is from the airport to the peir? Is it per person? There are 4 of us. We have to return our car to the airport. Is there anything to do at the peir if DH drops us off at the peir until he gets back from the airport?

Hi Robyn,

Were they offering the "anytime" dining while you were onboard?

Thanks.

Maggie - I really wish they did, but sadly they did not. For us, a 7pm seating would be perfection!

I asked if they would implement any time dining and I was told by the Maitre D that they are still testing on several ships before a decision will be made on the AOS.

Thank you for thoose tips. It freezing here and I can't wait to be in the sun.

Robyn - Do you have any rooms in particular to recommend at the Marriot - have you had an ocean view room?

We have had an ocean view each time we have stayed at the Stellaris. You can't go wrong with any of the ocean view rooms as all of the rooms at the hotel are recently renovated and beautiful. If you want a 'full' ocean view - request a tower room. The cabana rooms have their views blocked a bit by palm trees and the cabana part of the hotel has only 4 or 5 floors (I can't recall exactly).

Does anyone know how much a cab is from the airport to the peir? Is it per person? There are 4 of us. We have to return our car to the airport. Is there anything to do at the peir if DH drops us off at the peir until he gets back from the airport?

The cab fare from SJU to the Pan Am Pier will run you about $22 depending on the # of passengers and baggage in the cab. There is nothing to do at the pier except get on the ship :D

And what a beautiful chandelier it is.

Funny, I have always admired the chandelier - this time my table was one of those that is in the area that kinda juts out and I could see the wires clearly holding that chandelier in place :rolleyes: Can't imagine that thing swinging in rough seas! :eek:

Where are the good mojitos found during the day?

is there a martini bar onboard too?

oh yeah.....doing the doc dance today:D

Congrats on your doc dance!!!! :p

I had very good mojitos from the pool bar - refreshing in the hot sun! No martini bar that I am aware of......although you can pretty much get a martini at most of the bars. There is a bar outside the dining room on deck 4 and they make excellent martini's!:)

I have always had a pretty good martini at the Viking crown lounge/oliver or twist.deck 14....is that the same as the blue moon lounge Robyn?

Love the french martinis and the flirtinis...:) :) :)

I believe Olive or Twist is on the Freedom class, right? The Blue Moon Lounge is on deck 14 with an outstanding view of the pool deck :D I haven't tried a martini there - but I am quite certain they are served there! The M&M is always in the Blue Moon Lounge ;)

Hey Robyn,

My boyfriend and I were talking about what we thought the perfect cruise would be....we agreed aos btb but the aruba route and the barbados route. We are thinking about doing that in 2010.

Have you thought about waiting until May to do that?

We had no problems at all on the 3/23/08 AOS. Our roll call was over 75 "Crazy Easter Cruisers" and our Roll Call went over 1,600 posts and 21,000 views. If you want a taste of things to come on your cruise, please see our video cruise in review at:

This was put together by Cruzin' Rob, one of our Crazy Easter Cruisers.

Enjoy your cruise on the Adventure!!

Hey Robyn,

My boyfriend and I were talking about what we thought the perfect cruise would be....we agreed aos btb but the aruba route and the barbados route. We are thinking about doing that in 2010.

Have you thought about waiting until May to do that?

Maggie - I would love to do both itineraries!!!!!!! A few factors prevent it from happening. I think the first is the time of year......DH likes cruising in the winter months when it is freezing and snowing in Toronto, his desire to cruise wanes when the weather is warm so convincing him to go would be like pulling teeth :rolleyes: Secondly is our 11 yr old DD - we have pulled her out of school to do B2B's for the past 2 years and I think when she is in 7th grade (this Sept) we won't be able to do it because school will be a lot tougher and I don't want her to feel stressed. DH has been bugging me for a land based vacation - one of these days I have to give in!!!

Looks like the B2B I have booked for Feb 2009 is not going to happen. I am taking on a new project at work (BIG project) and this booked cruise falls right in the middle of it :( :( Next year may end up being the land locked year :( If I didn't have my Mariner cruise to look forward to in November I would be seriously freaking out at the prospect of potentially not cruising in Feb 2009.

One of these days I will do the Barbados route......:rolleyes:

Does anyone know if a passport is needed during 2008 sailing out of PR to the following ports:

Curacao

Aruba

St. Thomas

St. Marteen

Thanks.

I would think that since PR is in the United States, it would fall under the new ruling that ship's itineraries that start and end in the same US city you don't need a passport. It is always a good idea to have one if you had to fly out of Curacao, Aruba or St. Maarten for some unforeseen reason.

I would think that since PR is in the United States, it would fall under the new ruling that ship's itineraries that start and end in the same US city you don't need a passport. It is always a good idea to have one if you had to fly out of Curacao, Aruba or St. Maarten for some unforeseen reason.

Thank you that is a very good point, never thought of that. We have ours, but not sure if some others in our group have there.

My final payment is due May 11th. ;) We cruise July 20th and can't wait!! Anyone else out there going on this date? Join our active roll call and register for the M & M. :D Hope to see you there!!

Does anyone know if a passport is needed during 2008 sailing out of PR to the following ports:

Curacao

Aruba

St. Thomas

St. Marteen

Thanks.

We were on the 3/23/08 AOS and needed to show passports in Aruba to clear the pier security to get back on. If you have them, take them. You never know. US Immigration does an early morning passport/ID review in St Thomas for ALL passengers before anyone can go ashore. It's pretty cursory but it goes a lot faster with a passport.

Enjoy your cruise!

See our 3/23 AOS cruise review video at

I carried my passport with me off the ship in every port and did not once need to show it to get back on the ship. Maybe it depends on who is working the security gate as to why it differs from sailing to sailing?

We still need picture id getting off the ship.....correct?

I have not been on the AOS YET (going in July), but have been on other ships with RC. In answer to your question, yes, you need to have the Seapass to get OFF and ON the ship. Security will scan your Seapass to get off and back on the ship again. They do this so they know who go off and to make sure everyone is back on before they leave. I would also take my passport as well.

Archived