Leaving the ship after embarkation

nmvfcruiser

When I was on Liberty of the Seas on embarkation day last summer I overheard a young woman ask a crew member how she could get off the ship because she wanted to do some shopping in Miami.

He told her once she was checked into the ship she couldn't leave it. I don't know if he was right or mistaken or what. I know the young woman did act incredulous. I just figured that once you went through immigration, passport check and security checks, you were suppose to stay on board such as in an airport for an international flight.

Yes, we have gotten off several times. Just make sure you are back on time & take your cruise card with you. If you come back late, be sure to have your camera with you. You will always treasure the picture of the back of the ship as it sails away :)

I have never tried...but I would imagine it would be ok...where are you departing from...

I'm leaving fromSan Juan, Puerto Rico.....

Thank you everyone for y'all responses.....this is my first cruise so I'm really excited:D and I hope that all goes well.

Archived