Just back from the Galaxy 10 Day S. Carib..

iflyrc5

Hi - I may have overlooked it so if this question has been asked please accept my humble apologies! :(

What was the average age of the passengers on this sailing? I've never been on a sailing longer than 7 days and everyone tells me the longer the cruise, the older the average age? is this correct? looking at the pictures you posted (thanks by the way!...especially for the cabin shot as we have the same category/deck on our Jan 25th sailing) it looks like the ages were quite a mixture.

Where there many children?

iflyrc5,

Were you on the 10 night or 11 night cruise? I am trying to find out if there is really 3 formal nights on the 11 day cruise or only 2 that I had read somewhere about the 10 night cruise.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

We were on the 10 day - 2 formal, 3 informal, 5 casual. I will say that on the informal nights many of the men did not wear jackets or ties (me included on the 3rd one). Can't speak for the 11 day.

Hi - I may have overlooked it so if this question has been asked please accept my humble apologies! :(

What was the average age of the passengers on this sailing? I've never been on a sailing longer than 7 days and everyone tells me the longer the cruise, the older the average age? is this correct? looking at the pictures you posted (thanks by the way!...especially for the cabin shot as we have the same category/deck on our Jan 25th sailing) it looks like the ages were quite a mixture.

Where there many children?

They said that there we 90 children on board from 8 weeks to late teens on the ship - really not too many to notice - I think we were at the tail end of the some of their Holiday school vacations.

The age range was pretty wide from 30's to 80's - we are late 50's. I think the general rule is that the longer the trip the older the crowd. On our 20 day repositioning in April on the HAL Zuiderdam I never saw so many electic carts and walkers in one place in all my life. We are doing a 26 day this coming Nov - we expect that to be the 60+ age group. The only crowded areas were at the midpool on the sea days and much of that was the "chair hogs" that put their towel and book on a chair and then left for 3 hours. On the first sea day there were NO towels available for the pool from 1100 through 1600 because folks were just leaving them lay on the chairs and the crew was not clearing them like they should after being left for hours without a person around.

I was on the same cruise. Just a little addition to some of the questions:

Regarding the T-pool, there was one night (the Barbados night) where admission was free. I tried it out and decided not to pay to go back... it was pretty swirly! A little too much action for me. I enjoyed it but didn't care to return.

We snorkeled at Arashi Beach on Aruba. We chose it for safety, because there are no motorized watersports there. It was lovely, but you had to go pretty far offshore to find a reef. Very easy and cheap to get there on the bus!

We boarded at about 5:00 and were handed a second seating dining card. We went to first seating and weren't challenged.

As far as dress code, most people seemed to follow the formal night guidelines, but quite a few men skipped the jacket on informal night. It didn't seem like the dress code was being enforced-- we saw a man in nice tee-type shirt and jeans on informal night. Maybe his luggage was lost? People did dress pretty nicely in general on formal and informal nights, but dress code was mostly left to passengers' discretion.

It seemed to us that the majority of passengers were 40-69, with some 25-39. I was surprised that my 84-year-old dad was one of the older passengers. Our previous cruises were on Holland America, where there were both more older and more younger passengers. This cruise was largely Baby Boomers.

Of course the folks on Holland America are OLD.

No offense, but Holland America is where cruisers go to die.

WIth all due respect

this is a horrible thing to say

I plan to go on HAl because I want to experience all cruise lines and i am sure no one goes on a cruise to croak!!!!

I think you should way your words more carefully !!!!!

WIth all due respect

this is a horrible thing to say

I plan to go on HAl because I want to experience all cruise lines and i am sure no one goes on a cruise to croak!!!!

I think you should way your words more carefully !!!!!

I'm pretty sure he was making a joke...an obtuse remark about the age demographics on HAL ships. I doubt he feels that old people go on a HAL ship to actually die.

DesertBelle... Thank you.

Did this thread run it's course or are we still going to get a big review?

Hi, the OP just posted a full review.....it is somewhere on

this page:)

Archived