NOS Bed config preferences

GJClay

We are three in an E1 balcony and are trying to decide whether to have the twin beds pushed together so DH and I can sleep together. Our teen DD will be in the pullman. My TA said some people like to keep the beds as twins to allow more space in the cabin. My only concern is that DH will not fit on the twin comfortably. He is not extraordinarily large, but not small, either. About 6 foot and weighs 230 (or so). Pretty stocky guy. Any suggestions?

With 3 in a room, there's not going to be much room, anyway you set up the beds! Might as well sleep together!

I am trying to find this funny, since I'm sure it was meant to be. What do other people do when they cruise with one teen but can't financially swing a D category, JS, OS, or two rooms? I think I'll take the above suggestion about having the beds pushed together, though. Sleeping together is not an option, that's for sure. Is it really going to be that bad? I have heard of families of three and four who do inside and OV's or they would not be able to cruise at all, and thought we were going above and beyond our original budget by getting the E1. Keep in mind, the prices are sky high in March so we are paying quite a lot for this reportedly tiny room.

I am trying to find this funny, since I'm sure it was meant to be. What do other people do when they cruise with one teen but can't financially swing a D category, JS, OS, or two rooms? I think I'll take the above suggestion about having the beds pushed together, though. Sleeping together is not an option, that's for sure. Is it really going to be that bad? I have heard of families of three and four who do inside and OV's or they would not be able to cruise at all, and thought we were going above and beyond our original budget by getting the E1. Keep in mind, the prices are sky high in March so we are paying quite a lot for this reportedly tiny room.

CB doesn't think anyone should sail unless they can afford a JS.:rolleyes:Do NOT listen to them. You will be absolutely fine. There is plenty of room in an E category. Don't get worried and have a great time.

I don't understand this question. Keeping the beds apart does not add any more room. It is exactly the same. Putting them together does not make it any more than 2 twins pushed together. So whether seperate or pushed together, it is exactly the same amount of room in the cabin. Pushing them together just takes room away from the center, but adds room on both sides. :rolleyes: If anything, it would give you the illusion of more space having the beds pushed together. But not the other way around.

We have been in this very cabin as a threesome three times, and we always keep the bottom beds pushed together. The picture gives you a very good idea that there is PLENTY of room in the cabin.

Bon Voyage!

:)

CB doesn't think anyone should sail unless they can afford a JS.:rolleyes:Do NOT listen to them. You will be absolutely fine. There is plenty of room in an E category. Don't get worried and have a great time.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Now I can again relax and look forward to our cruise without having to worry that we "might as well sleep together" since our cabin is so undesireable. I seriously thought that was a joke because I could not imagine that these words were truly considered "advice".

Oddly enough, in many of the ports we are visiting countries where an individual may be lucky to earn in half of his or her adult life enough money to build a one room home equalling the size of an E1 cabin, probably servicing those of us on vacation, regardless of stateroom size.

I don't understand this question. Keeping the beds apart does not add any more room. It is exactly the same. Putting them together does not make it any more than 2 twins pushed together. So whether seperate or pushed together, it is exactly the same amount of room in the cabin. Pushing them together just takes room away from the center, but adds room on both sides. :rolleyes: If anything, it would give you the illusion of more space having the beds pushed together. But not the other way around.

True, but depending on the set up in the room it can add more usable space.

If we are in an inside where the beds are against the back wall with about a foot on either side... then seperate them, making about 2 feet between them in the middle, I find it easier to maneuvre around the cabin and we don't bump into each other as much.

We have done balcony cabins for my hubby and daughter and I, four times and it's just fine. Sure, it's a tiny bit tight, but it works. We WOULD do a JS for the 3 of us, or even a Grand suite etc....but when you figure in 5 airfares from the west coast to Florida it's just too pricey. We opt for an inside stateroom for our son's and put our daughter with us.

Enjoy your cruise and don't worry, anyway you "design" your room will be fine...:D:D

Archived