ACA to ORD - Help needed

Love Cruis'n

We’re going through the Panama Canal via the Island Princess this coming Christmas / New Years, and are having a heck of a time finding carriers that fly from Acapulco (ACA) to Chicago (ORD).

I realize that Princess Air is an option, but we usually do our air independently – if only we could find carriers.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Are you looking for airlines that fly this route non-stop or by making connections? I see that 2 airlines fly this route non-stop (American and Mexicana, although it could be 1 code share flight), but 11 airlines do it by making 1 connection.

A screen shot from Smarter Travel shows:

Flight Details

Overview

Date: 12/05/2008 Trip Time: 4:15 Miles: 1874 Frequency: Daily Leg 1

Flight: American Airlines Flight #2494 Departing: Alvarez International Airport at 1:00pm Arriving: O'Hare International Airport at 6:15pm Meals: First Class - None, Coach - None

However, I don't believe that there are any direct flights and "smarter travel" wasn't too smart this time!

Since AA is only listing flights up to December 12 right now, it may be difficult to find it over Christmas/New Year yet. Are you using AA.com or some other third party site that only burps without giving a reason?

I've gone to AA.com, UAL.com, NWA.com, and Kayak.com, and since it will be a Sat. I've been putting in a Sat. in late Nov or Dec.

No luck yet, but we'll keep looking.

Thanks.

A screen shot from Smarter Travel shows:

Flight Details

Overview

Date: 12/05/2008 Trip Time: 4:15 Miles: 1874 Frequency: Daily Leg 1

Flight: American Airlines Flight #2494 Departing: Alvarez International Airport at 1:00pm Arriving: O'Hare International Airport at 6:15pm Meals: First Class - None, Coach - None

However, I don't believe that there are any direct flights and "smarter travel" wasn't too smart this time!

Flite 2494 may be a currently active flight, but it appears it may not be valid later this year. I searched American's website, using December 6 as ACA/ORD segment, and only connections came up thru MEX, MIA, DFW. In some cases, it took three flites to construct the routing. When I searched AA for non-stop service, there was a message that nothing was found to fit that parameter.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived