Went to El Yunque... LOVED IT!!!!!!

DreDay

We visited El Yunque with a private tour guide and we had an amazing experience.

I would highly recommend this trip to anyone going to San Juan during the day. It was really one of the highlights of our trip!!!!

Hey DreDay -- How long was your tour? How long did it take to get to El Yunque? We are on the Triumph in April and it doesn't appear that Carnival offers anything like this. I just get a little nervous using an outside tour company if it is going to be cutting it close getting back!

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

We visited El Yunque with a private tour guide and we had an amazing experience.

I would highly recommend this trip to anyone going to San Juan during the day. It was really one of the highlights of our trip!!!!

Can you tell me how you contacted your tour provider and how long was your tour? We have to be at the airport by 12:30 - is that enough time on the day of disembarkation? Thanks.

Can you tell me how you contacted your tour provider and how long was your tour? We have to be at the airport by 12:30 - is that enough time on the day of disembarkation? Thanks.

It won't be enough time to get to the rain forest, tour and then get back to the airport. Unfortunately you won't know the exact time that you'll disembark the ship and it could be as late as 10 AM or so if you have a later flight on the day we get off the ship. It's about an hour or so drive there and then back to the airport so there won't be any time to really see the rainforest. Remember, after you get off you have to get your bags and go through customs and that can take a few minutes.

Also, make sure you leave yourself plenty of time at the SJU as lines there are very long on days that the ships disembark.

How long should you allow to hike to and from La Mina and take a quick dip and also see the other waterfall (La Coca?)? If we do this trip (on our own in a rental car) would there be enough time to see the highlights of the rainforest on the day we arrive in San Juan if our arrival time is 1:35 pm?

Has anyone taken this tour with Celebrity? What time does the tour actual start and what time do we get to the airport? Our plane does not leave until 8:00 PM.

We are flying American Airlines and wonder if valet luggage service is offer?

Thanks in advance for information

Hey DreDay -- How long was your tour? How long did it take to get to El Yunque? We are on the Triumph in April and it doesn't appear that Carnival offers anything like this. I just get a little nervous using an outside tour company if it is going to be cutting it close getting back!

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

What time do you get into San Juan? We'll be on Triumph in May and arrive at 7:00am. We were able to purchase a tour through Carnival for the Rain Forest for our cruise. Just curious to why they don't offer it on yours.

we are 21 and 23 going in june. our ship docks at 3 and leaves at 11. trying to decide if we want to do the rainforest through royal caribbean or on our own. or if we want to go to a beautiful beach and walk and watch the sunset...then get back on the ship in time for dinner. any suggestions? we do live at the beach in charleston, sc so we do get to see beautiful sunsets all the time, but after having enough excursions not go as expected i'm hesitant to book the rainforest tour. HELP?!

we are 21 and 23 going in june. our ship docks at 3 and leaves at 11. trying to decide if we want to do the rainforest through royal caribbean or on our own. HELP?!

In your case, I would suggest if you really want to see the rainforest,do it with the cruise line. I only say this because you will be getting in late in the day- rush hour starts at about 4pm and the gates at the rain forest close at 6pm. If you were to do it on your own,by the time you got off the ship and rented a car, and drove there, it would be about 5pm by the time you got there. Leaving only 1 hr.

With the cruise line, I assume they will have you off and on the bus right away and you can get to the forest by about 4pm-still in time to see some stuff.

we are 21 and 23 going in june. our ship docks at 3 and leaves at 11. trying to decide if we want to do the rainforest through royal caribbean or on our own. ....HELP?!

I found this post re night hikes in El Yunque on another thread:

Check with the people of AdvenTours, they have special permits to offer night hikes in El Yunque after the gate is closed to the public.

Good luck.

You might check with this company and see what may be available for you during the hours you have in port.

What time do you get into San Juan? We'll be on Triumph in May and arrive at 7:00am. We were able to purchase a tour through Carnival for the Rain Forest for our cruise. Just curious to why they don't offer it on yours.

I just checked again--we arrive at 7:00am also but the only excursion offered is the horseback riding -- the other is a debarkation excusion for Destiny passengers. What is the excursion that shows up for your trip?

I just checked again--we arrive at 7:00am also but the only excursion offered is the horseback riding -- the other is a debarkation excusion for Destiny passengers. What is the excursion that shows up for your trip?

There's six excursions showing for our day there. The one we booked is for the rainforest. It will say something like *This is a debarkation excusion for Destiny passengers. What I think they are saying is if you are on Carnival Destiny then this is a debarkation excursion for them.

I just clicked on it and was able to purchase it for our cruise with no problem. I booked it last year and have it already paid for. Let me know what you find out.

Can you tell me who you booked your tour with please.

There's six excursions showing for our day there. The one we booked is for the rainforest. It will say something like *This is a debarkation excusion for Destiny passengers. What I think they are saying is if you are on Carnival Destiny then this is a debarkation excursion for them.

I just clicked on it and was able to purchase it for our cruise with no problem. I booked it last year and have it already paid for. Let me know what you find out.

Well now I just feel silly :o -- you are right it does come up and lets me book it if I want. Now I have to decide if I want to go this route or now that I've thought about renting a car that's probably a cheaper way to go.

Thanks for the thunk to my head :eek:

• 3 weeks later...
Well now I just feel silly :o -- you are right it does come up and lets me book it if I want. Now I have to decide if I want to go this route or now that I've thought about renting a car that's probably a cheaper way to go.

Thanks for the thunk to my head :eek:

MICHSUNLOVER,

I was thinking the same as you! The excursion said it was for Destiny passengers embarking that day. I took that to mean ONLY for them.........guess I need a thunk too???? Well now I can book my tour...lol.

Archived