Cabana Question

jerseygirl3

It is my understanding that you know longer are assigned a "cabana boy" (don't think that sounds PC, but don't know what else you call them) who can get your lunch when you book a cabana on HMC. So, am I correct in assuming that if you have a cabana waaaaaay far away from where the barbecue lunch is, you're on your own to walk there and back with all your food if you want to enjoy it in your cabana?

The only two cabanas left are red and violet, which are the furthest away. Do you think that's too far a walk to go get lunch?

Heck Yeah! (we had the Jungle Red Cabana ;))

He comes to fetch you and your guests from your stateroom in the morning (its the stateroom with balloons on the door) and carries your beach-totes to the tender and on to the cabana. He makes sure that you take the shuttle to cabana rather than walking. He runs back and forth between the bar and the cabana all day long fetching refreshments, etc. He takes group photos, makes sure you have fresh towels and ensures that you have all your belongings before returning to the ship. In addition to the services of the Butler, you get a choice of premium offerings for lunch (not just burgers and got dogs) but Filet Mignon, Lobster Sandwiches and endless Champagne.

IMO, There's no other way to enjoy a cabana - a Butler makes it all that much better.

The only two cabanas left are red and violet, which are the furthest away. Do you think that's too far a walk to go get lunch?

If you are moderately fit it isn't too far. I'm very fat and in my 50s and didn't find it difficult at all.

Thanks for the responses. While I'd love a butler package, it's just not in the budget. We actually cancelled a much less expensive cruise on Carnival Freedom in order to book this one (and when I say the Carnival Freedom cruise costs much less, I mean ALOT less....we had gotten a great deal on Carnival). Anyway, since the butler is out of the picture, I went back to HAL's website and the purple cabana showed as available, and since that's #6 in order, we booked that one. I don't mind walking, but my sister and BIL will have their little twins with them, and I don't want them to have to walk too far.

We had the purple cabana in Dec. The walk to the food pavillion is not far at all and there is a walking trail that comes right behind the purple cabana. One word of warning, we had a problem with sand fleas biting inside the cabana. Our cabana steward (is that the right name?) brought us some repellant and it got rid of them.

It should be reasonably manageable for all of you going to lunch from the purple cabana. Enjoy. Hope you get a beautiful day for the children 9all of you) to enjoy that magnificent beach and delicious lunch. ;)

There is one thing you are about to learn about HAL on your cruise.......the crew goes so out of their way to assist in all reasonable ways.

Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread but it is on topic. I am a first timer and have a cabana & butler on HMC. I appreciate good service and from what I've read I think I'll find it with HAL. Do any of you know what an appropriate gratuity would be for the butler?

Last year we had a cabana and at that time you didn't have to order the butler package. The cabana came with a "cabana steward" who was with you for the entire day. He would go get you a drink, go get your lunch, just whatever you needed. Ours was very personable and hung out with us all day. We really enjoyed him and he went out of his way. My husband gave him $50 at the end of the day, which was 20% of the cost of the cabana.

It should be reasonably manageable for all of you going to lunch from the purple cabana. Enjoy. Hope you get a beautiful day for the children 9all of you) to enjoy that magnificent beach and delicious lunch. ;)

There is one thing you are about to learn about HAL on your cruise.......the crew goes so out of their way to assist in all reasonable ways.

We had a cabana at HMC when we were onboard the Westerdam last year. I agree, the cabana is wonderful, HMC is heaven on earth, and the staff were the best we've ever had. Can't wait to go back!

Archived