spring breakers ?

hunt182644

We were on the Coral March 24 for the 10 night Panama Canal partial transit. The ship had over 550 kids under 18. Not sure what the count was for those over 18, but it was by far the worst experience we've had on any ship as far as out of control kids go. Otherwise, the cruise itself was wonderful though! :D

Avoid Spring Break - if you don't have to cruise then just don't.

You will never know how bad it can be to have your sleep interrupted multiple times night after night until you have been on a cruise with kids running up and down the halls, laughing, singing, talking loud, tearing down balloons, and removing name tags, etc. from the mailboxes until 2-3 AM. Daytime doesn't seem to be a problem other than with the elevators and around the pool but when the sun goes down.......

It seems like, just from the typical posting on the Princess Board, more and more familys with children from infants to late teens are now cruising with Princess. The majority of the children are just fine but a few uncontrolled ones can really make a cruise go from great to pretty bad. I love kids - was a Pediatric RN for years- but not enough to have a wonderful cruise that I've paid good money for ruined.

Yes, try to avoid President's Week. A lot of kids on the East Coast get the whole week off and it's a very kid-filled time to cruise.

The easiest way to get a clue as to when the ship will be filled with kids is to notice the prices. The weeks were the prices spike usually (but not always) mean it's vacation time for young people. That might help you plan a little. :)

Spring Break can go from mid-February to late April. Some schools have set dates, and some go by the Easter date. It's not just colleges and universities, but K-12 schools (public and private) as well. Me...I've avoided cruising during these times for years! Too many bad experiences from the 90's. Not so bad in the 80's, though.

Archived