Flying in and out of Stewart International?

kywildcatfanone

Hi,

We are considering a caribbean cruise out of New York in June. One airline possibility for us is Skybus out of Columbus, Ohio. They fly into Steward International Airport about 50 miles north of NYC. Has anyone flown into there for a cruise out of NYC. I'm trying to think about getting from the airport to the terminal and vice versa. I am guessing a 50 mile taxi cab ride would be quite expensive. Can you rent a one way car and drop off somewhere near the terminal?

Thanks for any advice.

Mike

Hi,

We are considering a caribbean cruise out of New York in June. One airline possibility for us is Skybus out of Columbus, Ohio. They fly into Steward International Airport about 50 miles north of NYC. Has anyone flown into there for a cruise out of NYC. I'm trying to think about getting from the airport to the terminal and vice versa. I am guessing a 50 mile taxi cab ride would be quite expensive. Can you rent a one way car and drop off somewhere near the terminal?

Thanks for any advice.

Mike

Stewart has a bus train combo that gets you into Manhattan. Renting a car one way is difficult and expensive. What ever money you save flying into Stewart you more than give back in time and money getting there from NYC. Fly into LGA it is the closest to either the Brooklyn or Manhattan terminal.

http://www.panynj.gov/CommutingTravel/airports/html/swf_transportation.html

Hi,

Thanks for any advice.

Mike

The Skybus website is VERY deceiving. Someone else posted about flying into Stewart. It is more like 80 miles to the cruise terminal. Take a look at this thread and then decide if you REALLY want to fly into Newburgh. You will most likely spend more money and DEFINITELY more time flying into Newburgh than just booking a flight to LGA or JFK.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=662298&highlight=skybus+Manhattan

The Skybus website is VERY deceiving. Someone else posted about flying into Stewart. It is more like 80 miles to the cruise terminal. Take a look at this thread and then decide if you REALLY want to fly into Newburgh. You will most likely spend more money and DEFINITELY more time flying into Newburgh than just booking a flight to LGA or JFK.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=662298&highlight=skybus+Manhattan

Greatam,

Thanks so much. This will save me big time.

Mike

Archived