Release dates of sailings

RockyTop2

Hello Everyone,

I know the dates for the transatlantics are usually released around April. But, does anyone know when other regions are released, like Alaska, South American, Northern Europe, Hawaii, etc? I have gotten the best price on the TA's when I booked them as soon as they were released. I would be interested in any release dates of any other areas that you might have information on. Also, I am curious if these dates pertain to just Celebrity or are they industry wide? Any help you could give me would be huge in planning my cruises for '09.

Interesting that they are telling you that Hawaii is also being released around April. I wonder if that is when they release all the cruises for all the different regions. I have not bothered to call as usually the CC members know more what is going on than anyone you can reach at Celebrity. But, we have a Hawaii circle cruise booked for October '08. I just looked at my confirmation and it was booked in April of '07 which is well over a year in advance of the sailing, if that helps you any. I was hoping we would get more replies on this.

Also, I am curious if these dates pertain to just Celebrity or are they industry wide? Any help you could give me would be huge in planning my cruises for '09.

Hi RockyTop2,

I have also been waiting for Celebrity (and other lines) to release their 2009 Europe itineraries. I will let you know that Carnival released their 2009 itineraries about a month ago, so not all the cruise lines release them at the same time. We went ahead and booked a cruise on Carnival, though I will not have any problems changing to another line if they have a better itinerary. I just keep checking different web sites for the dates I’m looking for.

Good luck,

John

Hi Everyone !

I did a ton of searching, and found my old post from 3/9/07, http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=9362999&postcount=92 which listed the 2007 deployment date announcements for 2008/2009.

While none of this may be accurate this year, it may be a handy reference as to what happened last year. As itineraries are released, we usually have them posted on the boards right away, so stay tuned !

For those that do not wish to click on the link to my post, here is the list from 2007. I hope this helps a bit !

2007 List

---------

March 15 - Europe (Released 3/15/07)

April 4 - Panama Canal, Northeast Regions (Released 4/5/07)

April 11 - Transatlantic & Repositioning Cruises, Alaska, Hawaii, Pacific Northwest Region (Note : I believe some of the Transatlantics were Released as early as 3/22/07)

April 18 - Caribbean (Actual Release date was 4/25/07)

Interesting that they are telling you that Hawaii is also being released around April. I wonder if that is when they release all the cruises for all the different regions. I have not bothered to call as usually the CC members know more what is going on than anyone you can reach at Celebrity. But, we have a Hawaii circle cruise booked for October '08. I just looked at my confirmation and it was booked in April of '07 which is well over a year in advance of the sailing, if that helps you any. I was hoping we would get more replies on this.

RockyTop: Can you say what day in April it was booked? Thanks!

Hi Everyone, thanks so much for the great replies :)

Cruising Bill,

I booked the 15 day night Hawaii circle cruise with a sailing date of Oct. 22, 2008 while onboard Century on a TA in April of '07. The booking date I show is 4/21/07. That same day that also I booked two more TA's on Century... one for this coming April and also the recent TA last month. Hope that helps.

Andy,

Thanks so much! The information you gave is exactly what I was looking for! It at least gives me an idea of when to start watching. I am fairly new to the boards and the wealth of information I have gotten from them is overwhelming. Thanks to you for all your good work and also to everyone else for their wonderful posts.

John,

Thanks for letting me know that the cruise lines do not all post around the same time. Lately, we have only cruised Celebrity, now I know if I ever start looking at other lines again, I will have even more boards to watch!

RockyTop2

Earline

Hi Everyone !

I did a ton of searching, and found my old post from 3/9/07, http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=9362999&postcount=92 which listed the 2007 deployment date announcements for 2008/2009.

While none of this may be accurate this year, it may be a handy reference as to what happened last year. As itineraries are released, we usually have them posted on the boards right away, so stay tuned !

For those that do not wish to click on the link to my post, here is the list from 2007. I hope this helps a bit !

2007 List

---------

March 15 - Europe (Released 3/15/07)

April 4 - Panama Canal, Northeast Regions (Released 4/5/07)

April 11 - Transatlantic & Repositioning Cruises, Alaska, Hawaii, Pacific Northwest Region (Note : I believe some of the Transatlantics were Released as early as 3/22/07)

April 18 - Caribbean (Actual Release date was 4/25/07)

Andy,

you always do such a wonderful job of keeping us informed. I hope you will do it this year also.

Andy,

you always do such a wonderful job of keeping us informed. I hope you will do it this year also.

Hi Dmk !

Thank you for your wonderful comment. I always try my best to share my past experiences and thoughts, and keep us all as informed as possible. However, I cannot take credit for posting the itineraries. The credit goes to Cruise Critic Member, Chessbriar, who has done an outstanding job of keeping us informed in past years. I truly hope that Rick (Chessbriar) will do this again as the itineraries are posted.

I know that some of our TA friends, and other CC members have posted information as well, so our thanks to you too !

BTW, as we get closer to the posting dates, I am sure I will have plenty to say, about the 2009/2010 itineraries both before and after their release. That's never a problem for me :) . Stay Tuned !

Does anyone think Constellation will stay in Europe for 09?

We want to take the Great Britain, Ireland, Scotland cruise on Constellaton. Prefer that to one on Century...or Princess ships but not sure what ships will be where? Where is Solstice going after the Caribbean season?

Does anyone think Constellation will stay in Europe for 09?

We want to take the Great Britain, Ireland, Scotland cruise on Constellaton. Prefer that to one on Century...or Princess ships but not sure what ships will be where? Where is Solstice going after the Caribbean season?

Hi Hcat !

Celebrity's 2009/2010 schedules coming out over the next 2-4 months, will probably have some new twists, being that Celebrity will have more ships in their fleet.

As to whether Constellation will return to Europe in Summer 2009 is anyone's guess. Some of this decision will have to do with how well Celebrity does in Europe this year, as well as Celebrity's confidence in Europe remaining hot. Also, what Celebrity plans to do with Solstice after her Caribbean season plays into the equation. Does Solstice stay in the Caribbean for the Summer ? I believe she goes to Europe. If Solstice goes to Europe, then Celebrity has to figure out if they are sending an additional ship to Europe, or does 1 ship possibly stay in the Caribbean ? Or elsewhere ? Yes, there are many possibilities here.

Another item to consider..... Celebrity is probably working on Equinox itineraries, as she is due in Summer 2009. I am wondering when itineraries for Equinox will be released. That will be another very exciting development.

For several years, we have been eager to see new ships, so that Celebrity can add more itineraries that will keep most of us happy. It is great to see that we are getting closer to that reality. Stay tuned !

I'm with everyone else. I just wish that Celebrity would publish the itinary for Mercury for hawaii fall 2009. I am going to book a "future cruise" while I am on my upcoming Galaxy. It's a surprise for hubby for his retirement in summer of 2009. I just want to make sure the itinary will work for us.

I think that booking an "future cruise" is going to work out great. Hubby would notice $1000.00 dep on our shipboard account, but I don't think he would notice $200.00.

I do have a question. Do you need to use your shipboard account or can you use your credit card to book a future cruise? If I can use my credit card hubby will never know. I can't wait until I see the look on his face when he gets the cruise for his retirement, I am also thinking about a big

surprise party!

Note: to fellow cruiser on Galaxy with us. SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! No spoiling the surprise!

Does Solstice stay in the Caribbean for the Summer ? I believe she goes to Europe. If Solstice goes to Europe, then Celebrity has to figure out if they are sending an additional ship to Europe, or does 1 ship possibly stay in the Caribbean ?

Another item to consider..... Celebrity is probably working on Equinox itineraries, as she is due in Summer 2009. I am wondering when itineraries for Equinox will be released.

Hi Andy,

Boy, I was sure hoping that one (or both) of Celebrity's new ships were assigned to Europe in the summer of 2009. I probably wouldn't care what the itinerary was just as long as I could check out the ship(s):D .

John

You have to use a credit card, they won't accept Seapass for future cruise bookings.

OMG! I can't believe how much time I have wasted worrying about how to hide this charge from HUbby! Thanks a million AJD!

Hi Andy,

Boy, I was sure hoping that one (or both) of Celebrity's new ships were assigned to Europe in the summer of 2009. I probably wouldn't care what the itinerary was just as long as I could check out the ship(s):D .

John

Hi AzJohn !

While I know of nothing official, I think the odds are good that at least Solstice and/or Equinox will see Europe in Summer '09. I am not sure that both ships will be there, but I have to think that 1 Solstice class ship is almost a certainty. Stay tuned !

Thanks Host Andy for your valuable info. Do you by chance know when the 2009 Canada/New England cruises will be available.

Marilyn

Hi Marilyn !

You are most welcome !

If Celebrity repeats the same schedule, those itineraries should be released in early - mid April. I also recall Celebrity coming out with an advance list of all itinerary release dates in March, so it is possible we may have a list of 2008 release dates within 4-8 weeks.

Hi Marilyn !

You are most welcome !

If Celebrity repeats the same schedule, those itineraries should be released in early - mid April. I also recall Celebrity coming out with an advance list of all itinerary release dates in March, so it is possible we may have a list of 2008 release dates within 4-8 weeks.

Andy thank you so much. appreciate it.

marilyn

Sorry, but I am a fast clicker and I want that aft balcony for myself.

Hi Coco Creek !

I cant blame you on that one. Fortunately, there are several of them, but the race is to the swift. Good luck !

Archived