Follow a LIVE Century cruise this week

Sea Island Lady

I stumbled on this BLOG by accident and thought Century lovers and those yet to take her, would enjoy reading the blog.

This blog is written by a German, so it is in the translated form and a little hard to follow, however he does post photos. He is on the last leg of a three ship excursion. Look at the dates to the right of the page and start with January 21st for the Century.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://heinbloed-qv.blogspot.com/2008/01/tag-2.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dheinbloed-qv.blogspot.com%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official%26hs%3DtDE

Great post....It is a bit difficult to read some of the posts because it is translated literally...But gegardless its a nice different but not too different take on Century.

BTW: after ALL the times I've been on Century...8 or 9?????I have never noticed that condom machine!:D . Its a small detail ( the machine) but I never knew it was there?!?!?

Regardless he does post some very good photos, and I enjoyed looking at them.

Thanks!

Dave:eek:

He is on the Europe board a lot and very helpful. I didn't realize that he cruised this often. It sounds like he did not research th FV stateroom very well since they needed two single beds.

The pictures are really nice. The other issue seems to be that they are really short staffed in the dining room. He waited 25 minutes for a cola.

I understand that lots of people have trouble when ordering non-alcoholic drinks in the dining room. This is not just on Celebrity!

Does anyone know who would get cocktails and beer in the dining room. Is it still the Sommelier?

This guy has some really funny comments. :D

He is not happy with service, the cabin or the air. He gives high marks for everything else. ;)

After reading the report, I know wonder if he just got off the two day and the review is not live. :confused:

Hard to follow, but he said something about 1 1/2 days and that he paid $167 each for the FV. If that's the case, I guess the review is over after his final morning post. :(

I understand that lots of people have trouble when ordering non-alcoholic drinks in the dining room. This is not just on Celebrity!

Does anyone know who would get cocktails and beer in the dining room. Is it still the Sommelier?

He is not happy with service, the cabin or the air. He gives high marks for everything else. ;)

Hi,:) when I sailed her last month there was a regular cocktail server.

Not sure why there was not one on this cruise. We had a Sommelier and one

of the waiters came around to see if anyone wanted "drinks".

I wonder if they cut back the staff on a 2 nighter? But my

cruise was only 4 nights:eek:

Thanks for bringing this blog to our attention. :) It is highly entertaining even if it is hilariously difficult to read.

What shocked me the most, and I can't believe I'm saying this, is that Carnival's food looked damn good!!!!! :eek: The shows looked great too. I always pictured them as some low budget line that attracted the party till you puke crowd. Shows how wrong you can be.

And Dave - I've never seen the condom machine either! :D From trying to read the translation it appears to be in the "military hospital". :confused: :D

Cruised on Carnival Glory two years ago this spring and the food was not good, the dining service was sub-par and the entertainment was so bad, we left the theater many nights.

I guess I wasn't wrong after all! :D (The pictures did make me hungry though, where Cunards didn't)

After reading the report, I know wonder if he just got off the two day and the review is not live. :confused:

Hard to follow, but he said something about 1 1/2 days and that he paid $167 each for the FV. If that's the case, I guess the review is over after his final morning post. :(

No trouble with non alcoholic on HAL. We had a can of cola waiting for us each evening (not poured until we arrived).

You can find him on the Europe board and he is a wealth of information. The cabin was just bad research if he needed two single beds and the FV (Family value) is only set up for a queen and area for children (pull out coach?) and there were a couple of tall German guys etc.

Oh, and being from Europe this price was a steal for him (close to 100 euros each).

I was on the 2 nighter and did not get to meet this gentleman unfortunately.

He is right about the Martini Lounge being crowded for our CC group!

The first night a bar waiter came to our table for drink orders, but did not

return the 2nd night. Our sommelier was great though. I think they did cut

back on the staff for this short trip. At times it was hard to get drinks, and

there didn't seem to be as many staff up in the buffet area either. I know there were more last year.

We still had an awesome time regardless! Can't wait till next year!

Whoops! Thought it was a man and his wife. No wonder he didn't like the double bed in the suite and being tall, that divider would be so irritating. Most of the FV on our cruise are still showing available. Celebrity really should think about removing some of the closets and turning the bed in that cabin.

LDR - What a great attitude you have! I read your short review and was very pleased. :)

Thank you for confirming that there is a bar attendant in the dining room. Have not decided if we are going to drink wine or not, with the bad reviews the Sommelier's are getting.

I just assumed from reading that part, that the bed (he says its a double and it looks more like a double than a queen) was two small to have two people. However, he did mention the fact that they could not be separated. That's another clue that the bed was not two twins put together to make a queen.

Thanks Sea Island Lady! This was my 7th cruise and this type of vacation

is the most relaxing thing in the world for me. I just go with flow and not worry about the small stuff:)

My DH and I trying hard to find time to go on a longer Celebrity cruise. Hopefully while the Century is still in Miami. If not then my girls and I will

be back next January!

No trouble with non alcoholic on HAL. We had a can of cola waiting for us each evening (not poured until we arrived).

You can find him on the Europe board and he is a wealth of information. The cabin was just bad research if he needed two single beds and the FV (Family value) is only set up for a queen and area for children (pull out coach?) and there were a couple of tall German guys etc.

Oh, and being from Europe this price was a steal for him (close to 100 euros each).

He was traveling with his parents in celebration of his 30th birthday.

Archived