Just for girls-question re: "that" time

Hi ladies! DD and I are sailing on FOTS in 9 days. DD is possibly due for her monthly during our time at sea, poor kid.:( She is 13 and not quite settled into a schedule yet, so she may very well luck out by a few days. I hate to take up valuable luggage space for a huge amount of supplies since it's only a possibility, so my question is is there a place where we can purchase "personals" (as we so politely call them) on board should we need to?

Thanks so very much. :o

On previous cruises, RCCL provided tampons in the public restrooms. I don't remember if they had them on my last cruise though.

At that age, she will most likely be more comfortable with what is familiar to her. I would bring enough supplies with you and only rely on the ship for emergency purposes.

I know this sounds completely crazy....BUT

As long as DH won't object, they'll take up less space without the box, slip in along edges or at bottom of suitcase. then once in cabin, you can keep them in the suicase if not needed, or take out daily as needed. Make sure cabin attendant leaves fresh bags in the bathroom each day for disposal, too. Hope she escapes it while on vacation:)

When we were on the MOS in September, One of my friends was in need of some female products and the gift shop was close and the restroom was out. I had 2 RCCL key chains and at the pool party I yelled out I would give them out to the first person that could produce the products needed. She got what she needed...LOL.

Then a woman's husband came up and asked me to find his wife some products. I ran back to my cabin and grabbed 2 more key chains...One girl and one guy produced tampons. :D

Somehow, no matter how much I count out the days ahead of time, I always seem to be in this situation on a cruise. I've learned to empty out a box of tampons into a gallon size Ziploc bag. That allows them to lie flat in the bottom of a suitcase.

Also, I always bring extra Ziploc bags in which to put the little paper bags the cruise line gives you (probably too much information, but it helps with the smell since you can't flush the items).

Well since we've digressed into stories, I'll tell my stories about why I always bring supplies with me, even on excursions, just in case.

2nd cruise, while in Jamaica on a tour (climb Dunn's River Falls, shopping, botanical gardens) I was surprised by my least favorite visitor. Probably due to the face first fall into the rocks I had just taken (yes, for those who know me this was my FIRST visit to the infirmary). So there I was, hurt and bleeding and having to ask the other ladies on my tour for help. It was just the topper to a not so fabulous day.

Monarch of the Seas, we are at the first stop on our Winery Tour in Ensenada when my roommate comes up to me and asks if I have any supplies with me which I didn't (they were back on the ship). So the tour guide helped her beg and borrow some supplies from the winery workers until we could get back to the ship.

Oh man, the “time” has happened to me on my last (only) 2 cruises and I timed this one perfect. To my surprise it decided on it’s own to change course, now with my 10 year anniversary cruise coming I am going to ask my DR what I can do to stop it!! Any ideas ladies?

As to the OP (sorry for hijacking) I would bring what she would be comfortable with, what they have on the ship I would imagine is like what you could get from a hotel…and that would be cardboard! Uncomfortable, like others have said, it really doesn’t take up much room in a suite case. I honestly never leave home w/o my “personals” tote!!

Good luck!!

Well, my mother's suggestion to me for our Hawaii trip last week was to quickly go out and get pregnant!!!

If I'd had the time, I would've gone on birth control pills that allow you to go three months between visits.

Well, my mother's suggestion to me for our Hawaii trip last week was to quickly go out and get pregnant!!!

If I'd had the time, I would've gone on birth control pills that allow you to go three months between visits.

Quickly go out and get pregnant??? Go out where?

LOL!!

That is what my:

Mother

Mother in law

daughter

all keep telling me!!!

i'm hoping my doctor will be on the on the birth control side....as stated 10 year anniversay! no kids, no driving, I want a drink or two;) maybe get PG on the cruise...that would work nicely

How was your Hawaii trip? That was DH first choice for vacation

LOL!!

That is what my:

Mother

Mother in law

daughter

all keep telling me!!!

Well, I think it was just my mother wanting a grandchild and knowing that my brother and SIL won't provide her with one. Of course, she'd prefer I was married before I obliged her...:p

How was your Hawaii trip? That was DH first choice for vacation

It was fabulous and perfect. A cruise was my first choice but most of family won't cruise so I had to cancel my already booked cruises for this trip. It was worth cancelling the cruises.

That being said, I could've gone on at least 2 cruises for the amount of money we spent on our Hawaii vacation. It was SOOOO expensive. Also, recovering from the flight there and back has been rough.

Well, I think it was just my mother wanting a grandchild and knowing that my brother and SIL won't provide her with one. Of course, she'd prefer I was married before I obliged her...:p [/color][/font]

It was fabulous and perfect. A cruise was my first choice but most of family won't cruise so I had to cancel my already booked cruises for this trip. It was worth cancelling the cruises.

That being said, I could've gone on at least 2 cruises for the amount of money we spent on our Hawaii vacation. It was SOOOO expensive. Also, recovering from the flight there and back has been rough.

Glad you had a good time!

And that is why I convinced him to do the cruise! The prices where out of this world!!:eek:

My DD wants a baby brother/sister so bad!!!

Also be aware of the prices.

I needed an extra supply on my cruise.(isnt that always the way) I ended up paying more than double for a box when i only needed one or two. But it is something if you need it you just got to pay whatever it cost.

I will always take an extra supply now just in case. For me they dont take up much space and you never know.

Thanks for all the great answers-except one, which I ignored.

The space issue is actually an issue b'c she is 13 I am talking about the type of supplies that DO take up a bit of room, rather than the type that DON'T. But you are all right, I'd rather she be comfortable with the brand she is used to so I will MAKE room.

Also, DH is not coming with us so it doesn't matter where they are in the luggage, and even if he were coming I could put supplies in his POCKETS and he wouldn't blink an eye. He is one of the good ones that will gladly pick up what supplies we may need at the store :)

Thanks again for letting me know not to count on getting any supplies on board. :)

I'm just waiting for a TSA agent to go through the suitcase in front of everybody else in the lineup.:rolleyes: I still think of those poor flight passengers right after the liquids scare having to carry only what they needed in a clear plastic bag for their flight. Let's just display it to the world....

Thanks for all the great answers-except one, which I ignored.

The space issue is actually an issue b'c she is 13 I am talking about the type of supplies that DO take up a bit of room, rather than the type that DON'T. But you are all right, I'd rather she be comfortable with the brand she is used to so I will MAKE room.

Jane, I don't know if you caught this, but somebody suggested sliding in pads against the sides of the suitcase, and into other nooks and crannies. That's typically what I do: pack the suitcase normally, and then add supplies. Using a good-sized suitcase, you can easily fit 10 or 12 along the edges alone.

I have had mine on EVERY vacation my DH and I have been on..including our wedding day/honeymoon :mad:

I assume from your last post that she doesn't use tampons -- I don't remember the shops having pads. They have the 10 count box of tampax for about $8 and a box of Kotex pantyliners for like $5. But I didn't see real pads....so might want to pack some just in case.

And yes, no more tampons in the public restrooms!! :mad:

Archived