Shore excursions-what is walking distance from ship

We are sailing on Carnival Valor on June 8th. Going to Grand Caymans, Island Roaton, Belize, and Cozamel. We are family of five so trying to find what is the best value. We will book some actual exursions, but would like to know what is available within walking distance. Ages of kids, 22, 19, and 9.

Your best bet is to check out the Ports of Call boards for each of these ports. There you will be able to read about different options.

I have been to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. For our first cruise to Grand Cayman, we did not do anything other than a little bit of shopping. My DH wasn't feeling well that day.

On our last cruise to Cozumel, we took a taxi to Chankanaab, which is a national park. There's an admission fee, but it's a lot cheaper than any excursion offered through the cruise line. We took our own snorkel gear. It's available for rent there reasonably, too.

We are sailing on Carnival Valor on June 8th. Going to Grand Caymans, Island Roaton, Belize, and Cozamel. We are family of five so trying to find what is the best value. We will book some actual exursions, but would like to know what is available within walking distance. Ages of kids, 22, 19, and 9.

We did only one tour this cruise, in Roatan. It's called the Pirates, Birds, and Monekys of the Caribbean. We did the morning tour and was back on the ship by noon. If you do only one tour in Roatan that has to be it. That is all anyone talked about on the ship that night and those that did not take that tour said they were sorry they didn't take it because that is all they heard about.

Cozumel, depending on what pier you are docked at is a nice place to walk around, shop, get a bite to eat and just sit and people watch. If you dock at the International Pier it is only a 10 minute taxi ride to the down town area. And taxi's are suppose to charge $6.00 for up to 4 people. Some will try and get away with more so if they ask you for too much more (for the 5th person) just say "no thanks" and walk away.

I haven't been to Belize and Grand Cayman since 2005 so don't really remember. Grand Cayman I think is tendered.

In Grand Cayman we took a taxi in the am to 7 mile beach and enjoyed a lazy time swimming and getting some sun while my grandaughter went scuba diving. Met up with her at the pier and then took a taxi to Hell and the Turtle Farm. It was much cheaper than the excursions from the ship. We were on the Victory or Legend that trip. In Cozumel my daughter and I stayed at a beach area while granddaughter was scuba diving also through a dive shop that had been arranged before the trip. We then took a tazi to the downtown area and walked around. It really was a nice day at the beach but the shopping area was just lots of tourist stuff. We did enjoy the taxi ride from the dock to the downtown area as it went through some interesting sections.

In Belize we did the cave tubing excursion offered by the ship and it was the highlight of the trip for me although I did enjoy the while water rafting in Costa Rica. In Belize there was a small area of shops around the dock but don't know what other things would be in walking distance.

We returned today from the Inspiration cruise which stopped at Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

In Grand Cayman, we walked over to Hannibal Stingray City Charters (pre arranged tour). We went out to swim with the stingrays and then on to the coral reef for snorkeling. Captain Bryan charged a lot less than the ship tour and there were only about 14 of us on the tour. It was one of our favorite excursions anywhere in the Caribbean.

I second Chankanaab. It was $10 taxi fare each way. We printed out a coupon from the internet worth $2 on each ticket so ended up paying something like $16 entrance fee. It wasn't crowded at all.

Archived