How to let NCL know whether 1 queen or 2 singles?

sundercruiser

This is perhaps a silly question, but it is something I've been thinking about.

I'm 52 y.o. dad cruising with my 13 y.o. daughter. We're in an AF Mini-suite. How and when do I tell NCL how I want the beds set up? My understanding is that the beds can either be pulled apart, to make two singles, or put together, to make one queen. Obviously we would like the two singles option. So when and how do I let NCL know that? Will they be able to figure out the sleeping arrangements from the age and sex information they'll (presumably) have on file, or what? Presumably I can tell the room stewards, but I also read on boards and reviews of people who don't even see their stewards until three days out (or whatever).

You can make a request for what you want, but you still may get it either way. Don't sweat it. If they are not the way you want just leave a note on the bed stating your preference. Make sure the note is there when you go to dinner and put up the "Turn beds down" sign. Also if the cabin person is around when you arrive you can tell him then but the note has always worked for me.

Based upon our last cruises, I think they look at their list of passengers and make an educated guess. ie. For our last cruise, We had two cabins, DH and me in one. DD and DN(niece) in other. Our room was made into a queen, DD/DN's was the twin configuration. On our 11/06 cruise, there was DD, DDB (darling daughter's boyfriend), DH and me. DD and I roomed together and DH and DDB roomed together. Both rooms were made up as twins.

Oh, btw, we've never had a problem with not seeing room stewards. When you first board, go to your cabin. If the beds are not arranged as you like, ask the steward (or maybe leave a note, if they are not around) to rearrange them.

I'm not sure if they always make an educated guess. I've been on cruises where on more than one occasion, I've shared a room with my sister and the bed was a double. Another time, I was listed as being in a room with my dad, and that room was also made up as a double.

Just let them know when you see your room steward, or leave a note, and they'll take care of it.

You can actually go into the NCL seaweb site and specify a "push beds together" attribute on your booking. That is actually something the travel agent or NCL should do, but if you know how you can do it yourself.

When the booking is flagged, the cabin steward will be notified to push beds together when they prepare the room for you. If you do not do anything, the beds are apart by default.

I've sailed NCL twice with my mom (two females, same last name) and both times they made the bed as a queen.

Both times, however, we met our room steward immediately, and when we requested singles, he came back in 5-10 minutes to do it. So it wasn't a problem at all. And as others said....leaving a note always works.

• 9 years later...

I wanted to know the answer to this also and contacted Norwegian. They said they default to queen unless you specify otherwise. To request twins, you can call, or I guess leave a note as everyone else has said.

Some say the default is a queen, some say the default is two singles, we are a family of 7 that always gets connecting cabins, one cabin has always been two twins, one a queen, and it's usually the opposite of what we want. No big deal, we just ask the steward to change it up.

I wanted to know the answer to this also and contacted Norwegian. They said they default to queen unless you specify otherwise. To request twins, you can call, or I guess leave a note as everyone else has said.

For your first post you are answering a nine year old thread.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. :D

You're answering a question from January 2008. The OP has long finished their cruise.

You're answering a question from January 2008. The OP has long finished their cruise.

And I'm reading a 9-10 year old thread with the same question! People typically only start a new thread if they cannot find another thread on the same topic.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Forums mobile app