help!! Dress jeans ok???

dlaf10

I can just tell you what was in the dining room last Feb. when we were on AOS. There were no jeans. We saw capris, casual skirts, sundresses, pants on non-formal nights. On formal nights we noticed the dress was a little fancier than other cruises we were on. We loved it but we like to dress up too!!!

Everyone is going to give you a different answer on this question as it is a touchy subject on this board:eek: but...this is my opinion and only my opinion...I say yes. I wear dressy designer jeans a nice silk blouse, and strappy heels. You should wear what you are comfortable in. I can't enjoy myself in slacks or a skirt. It is painful for me to dress up on Formal night but I do it anyway:) .

Everyone is going to give you a different answer on this question as it is a touchy subject on this board:eek: but...this is my opinion and only my opinion...I say yes. I wear dressy designer jeans a nice silk blouse, and strappy heels. You should wear what you are comfortable in. I can't enjoy myself in slacks or a skirt. It is painful for me to dress up on Formal night but I do it anyway:) .

Go ahead and flame. I don't care. I just can't understand why people think designer jeans are okay. THEY ARE STILL JEANS regardless whose name is on them or how much they cost. THEY ARE STILL JEANS. Geez. Glad I got that off my chest.

NCL now allows nice jeans in their dining room, but RCCL still does not - just look at their website's information & FAQs. The 3-level dining room on the AOS is very elegant and comparable to any restaurant I've dined at on land. I don't think you would wear jeans to a comparable land-based restaurant. Having said that, on the first night, many people have not received their luggage by dinner, so anything goes the first night. So, if you absolutely feel the need to wear jeans, that would be the night to do it.

You will see a bit of everything in the dining room. I can't believe that someone replied back that no one was wearing jeans on her last cruise in the dining room. We have always seen people in the dining room wearing jeans, yes, even on formal nights.

I have posted this before, but on our last cruise there was a man in the dining room that was a little eccentric. He was wearing a "homemade" dress one evening and was dressed in a red sasquwatch (sp?) costume another.

If you are comfortable wearing dress jeans and a nice blouse, then do it. You won't be the only one, you will see others.:)

Personally, I think a nice dark-wash pair of jeans and heels and fancy top are just fine! There are jeans, and there are jeans!!!! Not all are created equal! Especially the trouser-cut jeans look great!

So, yes--you CAN wear them. However, on Caribbean cruises, you won't see too many--they're just not "tropical'!

Personally, I think a nice dark-wash pair of jeans and heels and fancy top are just fine! There are jeans, and there are jeans!!!! Not all are created equal! Especially the trouser-cut jeans look great!

So, yes--you CAN wear them. However, on Caribbean cruises, you won't see too many--they're just not "tropical'!

I tend to agree with you. However......I'll say this......I've been cruising for over 22 years and I have never EVER taken a pair of jeans on a Caribbean cruise. It's just too hot!!!! I'd be miserable.

I agree. At the risk of getting flamed by the more dress police here, I think a nice pair of jeans and a dress top/shirt are fine for non-formal nights. I would avoid sneakers though.

Thank You! There is a difference. And thank you for the tip on the Caribbean cruises as we are taking one in Jan. 09. I appreciate the tip!

yup, you are right everyone has a different answer. I personally do not think there are "dress jeans" in any way shape or form.

However, I have seen them allowed in the dining room :)

IMO: The dining room is comparable to a fancy restaurant--afterall, you do have several courses. I do wear jeans at home if I am going to Chilis or O'Charley's but never to anywhere that requires reservations (fancy place)

I love this topic! What is this mania for dungarees? There are plenty of options...and anything looks better. That said, if one must wear them, there is always the Windjammer Cafe...this issue has always bugged me as the dining room is beyond beautiful and it irks me that so many passengers don't quite "match" the place. It would be one thing if there weren't options but if one doesn't want to dress appropriately for the dining room the Windjammer is the perfect altermative or, barring that, have dinner sent to your cabin - you can eat in your pajamas or less. I'd feel rather ridiculous being served dinner by a waiter in a tuxedo in a room dripping with crystal chandeliers if I was decked out in jeans and a polo shirt...even worse if my tablemates were dressed in jackets and ties. This ONE issue has begun to turn me off to cruising as I simply cannot understand why people can't seem to be "comfortable" in nice casual clothes. The men are the worst, however...jeans and a t-shirt in the dining room on formal night? Throw the bums out!

I have paid $100 for "dress" jeans and $20.00 for Walmart jeans and IMO jeans are jeans. If you want to wear jeans that is your business. It is all in how comfortable you are with what you wear and how you feel about how people will look at you. Personally I dress for myself and my family. I don't dress to please strangers nor do I care what they think. But to answer your question, would I wear jeans to dinner even though I am wearing heels and a dressy top? The answer for me would be "no, I would not."

We are going on Adventure of the Seas oin Feb and was wondering if dress jeans and heals are ok to wear to the dining room on NON-formal nights? I don;t mean sloppy levis but nice jeans and a dressy top????

I was on AOS back in August, and there were jeans and t-shirts in the dining room on formal nights so I'm sure you'll be fine!

I personally love the whole dressing up thing, and do my hair/make up and wear some sort of nice outfit even on casual nights, but that's just me. What people wear to dinner doesn't bother me in the slightest, I don't know why people on here get so het up about it to be fair.

I didn't wear them, but I don't see any difference in a pair of nice jeans and capri's ( which I did wear)...To be honest, I went into my first cruise thinking my wardrobe wouldn't be "dressy" enough, because I'm not an especially dressy person, (at least as far as my summer wardrobe goes), and I was fine!!...Never felt underdressed at all...As long as they're nice jeans w/heels, and perhaps some nice accessories, you can pull it off...You're suppose to be having fun, not stressing about what you're wearing to dinner...So I say go for it!! :D

I love this topic! What is this mania for dungarees? There are plenty of options...and anything looks better. That said, if one must wear them, there is always the Windjammer Cafe...this issue has always bugged me as the dining room is beyond beautiful and it irks me that so many passengers don't quite "match" the place. It would be one thing if there weren't options but if one doesn't want to dress appropriately for the dining room the Windjammer is the perfect altermative or, barring that, have dinner sent to your cabin - you can eat in your pajamas or less. I'd feel rather ridiculous being served dinner by a waiter in a tuxedo in a room dripping with crystal chandeliers if I was decked out in jeans and a polo shirt...even worse if my tablemates were dressed in jackets and ties. This ONE issue has begun to turn me off to cruising as I simply cannot understand why people can't seem to be "comfortable" in nice casual clothes. The men are the worst, however...jeans and a t-shirt in the dining room on formal night? Throw the bums out!

Wow! It really matters that much to you what other people are wearing? It bothers you so much that you would think about not cruising anymore? Life must be really good for you, if something so little bothers you so much.:confused:

I have to agree with my friend Cathy (and THAT doesn't happen often since she won't buy me a drink that she owes me :D )

I NEVER wear heels with jeans but I do like the Sasquatch costume idea... :eek:

Jim

I do it all the time. In fact, I even wore dark black denim with a sparkly top for a formal night (gasp)! I do, however, draw the line at sweatpants and those velour track suits. But those folks who wear them into the dining room still get served and are not taken out and shot.:D

I think it's funny when people say that they wouldn't wear jeans to an expensive restaurant at home......I live in S. Florida and go to VERY expensive restaurants on South Beach and wear jeans all the time. It's all about the cut of the jeans and the top/shoes/accessories you put with them that make the outfit.

It's only my opinion, but I think jeans done right is dressier than all the capris I see in the dining room!

I do it all the time. In fact, I even wore dark black denim with a sparkly top for a formal night (gasp)! I do, however, draw the line at sweatpants and those velour track suits. But those folks who wear them into the dining room still get served and are not taken out and shot.:D

Yeh, but what if those sweatpants and velour track suits would have sparklies on them?:D

Hi,

Would someone please tell me what the heck "dress jeans" are? Jeans are jeans, regardless of brand. What makes them dressy? How about a picture of these dressy jeans. I don't care if youwear them to dinner or not, I just want to see what they look like.

Thank you.

Annieeee

Archived