Airfare New Zealand return Australia

giltedge

I am booked on Holland America - Aukland to Sidney cruise in October 2008. Since I will be flying in and out of different cities this will require me to purchase one-way flights. In this situation is it best to go with the Air/Cruise package that Holland America offers or try to find better airfare on my own?

You are starting with a faulty assumption. You can get an "open-jaw" ticket for LAX->AKL and SYD->LAX (LAX is the most common port, but of course the trip can start and end elsewhere).Qantas and United/Air New Zealand -- under code-sharing arrangements -- both fly these routes non-stop.

Paul

Hi, giltedge, and welcome to CC!

I am booked on Holland America - Aukland to Sidney cruise in October 2008. Since I will be flying in and out of different cities this will require me to purchase one-way flights.
As ab0si says, you don't need to buy one-way flights.

If you're searching on the Internet, you might want to note the proper spellings of Auckland and Sydney. This will make it easier for you to find what you want.

You don't say where you're starting from, so you might be interested to know that:-

• Air New Zealand flies non-stop from Auckland to Los Angeles and San Francisco
  • Qantas flies non-stop from Sydney to Los Angeles and San Francisco; and from Auckland to Los Angeles
  • United Airlines flies non-stop from Sydney to Los Angeles and San Francisco

Air New Zealand flights generally also carry a United Airlines flight number; Qantas flights generally also carry an American Airlines flight number; and United Airlines flights generally also carry Air New Zealand and US Airways flight numbers.

There are also other flights to North America, including seasonal flights to places like Vancouver, and one-stop flights via the South Pacific.

And remember the most important thing: whether an airfare is "better" is not the same as whether it's cheaper. There are many times when it's worthwhile paying more money, perhaps for better service on the ground and in the air, better seats on the aircraft, or better schedules.

There are also other flights to North America, including seasonal flights to places like Vancouver, and one-stop flights via the South Pacific.

Just an FYI, we're not seasonal anymore :) Yeah!!! Vancouver Direct to Sydney on Air Canada 7 Days a Week and Vancouver direct to Auckland on Air New Zealand, not sure how many days a week that runs.

We will be on the Diamond Princess in December:

Sydney to Aukland,

Booked United yesterday.

LAX - SYD; AKL - SYD - LAX. Coach Class; Non-Refundable.

AKL - SYD leg is Air New Zealand.

Appears that the direct flights: AKL - LAX were changed.

$ 1,449.21 pp --

Better than what Princess was quoting us.

Princess was about $ 500.00 pp higher.

Archived