I know they have to advertise, but really...

kafitty

anyone else being tortured by Princess advertisements??

when i'm not waiting tables, i write for a magazine...which means i make good use of an online thesaurus.

PRINCESS ADVERTISEMENTS KEEP SHOWING UP!!! on the top bar, on the side bar....Alaska, the Caribbean, Europe.....

AHHHHHH I KNOW I WANT TO "ESCAPE COMPLETELY" ALREADY!!!!!

it's like 30 degrees here (which, by the way, is WARM) and it's been raining for about 3 days straight. i'd give my left thumb to be on a cruise tomorrow.

Obviously they need to advertise, but this is seriously like a mild form of torture....

....i just needed to rant, sorry, and i knew you all would understand!!!

EDIT: and now it's snowing....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaafdjaodudm.....

The only place I see Princess ads are in travel magazines in Doctors and Dentists offices - IMHO they do not overkill - how about the TV ads for the stuff you rub on your forehead for headaches - now those are overkill and irritating.

Ron

We average one Princess cruise advertisement in the mail every week! Plus we get frequent e-mail advertisements. They don't have to convince us to buy their product. But we wish they would save their postage and give us a cruise discount instead! :D

We get two or three mail ads from Princess as well as email ads a week too. And somehow we are in their system twice, so we get double mailings and double emails! Yikes! And the deals aren't even very good. I can almost always do better with our TA, or somewhere online.

It could be worse, guys. As a TA, who was a Capt Circle member before I got in the business, I get all the consumer emails, plus the TA emails, and then I not only get all the direct mail to my home and business addresses, but then I get emails telling me they have sent a mail piece to all my clients.:eek:

No, but we are SICK AND TIRED of all the junk mail that Princess sends us. It goes right into the bin now. They don't seem to get it. With us, if they sent the odd mail piece maybe once every four months we may read it. Now they come so often that they in are in the recylce without being opened.

I agree with Terry and Luann, Princess could save on their advertizing budget by not sending out these three color brochures about twice a week. Have they never heard of return on investment?

Shogun, I'm amazed you are not on every cruise line mailing list. The lines seem to share their mailing lists.

Bill

Archived