Buffet? Constellation

atanger

I'm new to Celebrity and would like to know if the Constellation had a buffet dinner option? If so, what are the dining times? I have a 7 year old that prefers to see the food before he chooses.

No dinner buffet on any Celebrity ship however there are options, sushi, grill with burgers, pizza and pasta bar.

It might work out better for you, anyway. Celebrity has long cafeteria style lines in their buffet (as opposed to individual stations for each cuisine like most lines) and I know I get very impatient having to wait in a long line to get cutlery and the one or two things I want. Did I mention I'm 41? I can only hope I'm more patient than a seven year-old (but I may not be). :)

They turn the buffet into a sit down, reservation, casual dining area for the evening. No buffet on any X ship for dinner.

True but they also have several other options in the same general area that are sort of buffet style, including pizza, pasta, salad stations. Sushi area in the evening which I've heard has started serving stir fry as well on some ships. Also the nearby hamburger grill (burgers, hot dogs, fries, chili and at least one other daily item) is open till 7 or 8. And while it might not appeal to a 7 year old, the Aqua Spa cafe (buffet style) is also open until 8PM. So there is at least a limited type of buffet option available evenings although not the full buffet available at lunch or on some other lines.

Also, if you and your son are so inclined, the organized children's activities provide certain feeding options allowing Mom and Dad to have a nice night out particularly if you take in the Specialty restaurant.

Hi Don:)

I have seen the kids eating dinner with the activity staff many

times. Looks like they always seem to be having a good time too.

Usually it is set up on the lido deck~burgers and fries and I may

have even seen some of them eating pasta too.

Thanks for all the comments. I have 2 other kids who enjoy a formal sit down meal, but my youngest really enjoys the "buffet" atmosphere. Lsimon, I'm going to bring him to the AquaSpa cafe, could you tell me what type's of food they offered when you sailed? Low sodium, low fat etc., type of food?

Thanks for all the comments. I have 2 other kids who enjoy a formal sit down meal, but my youngest really enjoys the "buffet" atmosphere. Lsimon, I'm going to bring him to the AquaSpa cafe, could you tell me what type's of food they offered when you sailed? Low sodium, low fat etc., type of food?

I can't recall exactly. I only ate there occasionally, but my wife choose lunch there often. At lunch time we'd typically tour the entire buffet, sandwich bar, and aqua spa. Then split up to get our meal and meet in the open air aft. If you see something at the Aqua Spa you like the first couple days make note of it as the Aqua Spa Cafe runs a 7 day menu so it will appear again before you get off a 10or 11 day cruise. My favorite is the cold chicken cashew dish. Also note the sign behind the counter for the hot entree of the day (typically grilled chicken or salmon) as they are very good although they are cooked to order and take a little time. The Aqua Spa Cafe is run by the same staff as the specialty restaurant - or so I've heard.

Hi,:) I'm not Larry but I have eaten there a few times.

They usually have a chicken dish, a fish, and sometimes

a cold pasta salad as well. And you hit the nail on the head,

it is considered "healthier fare".

They offer fruit and also have desserts. I have had lunch

there quite a few times. Most everything I have tried has always

been very good. I have seen people say you can get items hot

but for lunch everything I have seen has been cold plates.

Enjoy your cruise:)

Archived