River Tubing in Grenada, Feedback Appreciated

Lois R

Hi,:) I have booked some excursions for my upcoming cruise on

Galaxy already but I am still not done.

I looked on the Grenada Ports of Call board without much success.

Anyone on here who has participated in this trip? Would be nice

to get some first hand feedback.

River Tubing sounds fun:)

Thanks.

My girlfriend and I did the rivertubing in Grenada last week. It was through the cruise line and was a typical cruise excursion. There were 30 or so people and we were taken by small coach and two additional minivan taxi's. We rode in the taxi. The ride to the tubing site was very adventurous as the roads are narrow and zigzag bak and forth to get up over the mountain and then down the other side. Once at the river, you get a life vest and helmet. Then one by one you get a tube and start your trip. There are guides positioned along the river to "guide" your tube into the proper locations along the river. They have postioned several ropes across the river as stop points to gather everyone back up. This also allows the guides to reposition themselves along the river for the next run to the next rope. There are sveral splash zones along the way. You will not make it through without getting soaked. The overall trip probably takes 1 hr. along the river. Overall it was a good time but again with a large crowd. Along the river at times you had to lift your butt up to get through some of the shallow areas. The tubes have a plastic disc covering the hole of the tube to rest your butt on.

Hi, thanks for the information:) sounds like ya'll had a good time.

I was going through the excursions on the website again.

This exursion leaves early huh? 8am?:eek:

I don't want to go tubing that badly;)

Hi Robin!

We did a tubing excursion in dominica. I'm glad we did it but, I probably would not do it again. The excursions vary depending on the recent rainfall and the depth of the river. Several people got hurt on the excursion we were on due to low level of river and lots of rocks! If you have any type of back or neck problem I would not recommend it. the tubes are not particularly comfortable. Again I'm glad we had the experience but it was not exactly the relaxing adventure the brochure claimed it would be!

We did river tubing in Belize and it was very fun.

One thing that you need to remember is that these islands/countries have rainy seasons and dry seasons, and if you want a really fast river tubing with lots of eddies and speed, then you need to check out their wet seasons. Otherwise you might get a very slow ride where you need to stand up and walk out of shallow areas.

It's all about what you think will be fun.

Archived