Newby Cruiser Seeks HELP!!!!

Can someone suggest a 3-day cruise for three women in their late fifties? Can we all share one room or do we need to have a suite? Any and all suggestions appreciated. We're thinking the Caribbean or possibly Caribbean and Mexico flying from the midwest to Florida or New Orleans whichever turns out to be less expensive in the March/April timeframe of this year. Thanks......

Carnival and royal caribean both have nice 3 and 4 day cruises to the bahamas for diecent prices.

I have sailed on both cruise lines with a family of four. Carnival does have a little more room in their cabins. butt with a little bit of planing both cruise lines will do just fine. If you can a balcony room

will give you a little more room for three adults.

I would recomend sailing out of port caniveral for the first time because of the ease of gitting in and out of the port. pluse there are many hotels that are close to the port.

DW and self are sailing on sovern of sea on 3/3/08 on a four night. We like the four night better than three because it gives you an extra day to relax for about the same price

Well your only options for 3 night cruises will be on either RCCL or Carnival. You won't find any 3 night cruises out of New Orleans as it isn't possible to make any ports from there in that short of time.

Most of the ships that do these cruises are older. Carnival's ships will have larger regular staterooms than the ships that RCCL has doing the 3 night cruises. RCCL's Bahamas cruises will stop at their private island while Carnival's will usually have a sea day instead.

RCCL currently offers 3 night cruises to the Bahamas out of Port Canaveral, Florida on Sovereign of the Seas and out of Miami on Majesty of the Seas. They also offer 3 night cruises to Ensenada Mexico out of LA on Monarch of the Seas. All of these ships are the same class. After October, Monarch of the Seas moves to Port Canaveral and takes over Sovereign's cruises so there will be no more 3 night Ensenada cruises on RCCL after that point. I know that RCCL is currently running deals for 3rd and 4th passengers on some of their cruises, including some cruises on Sovereign.

Carnival offers similiar options as RCCL. Their 3 night Ensenada cruise is out of Long Beach on Carnival Paradise. Their Miami 3 night Bahamas cruise is on Carnival Fascination and then in the Fall Carnival Imagination. Their 3 night Bahamas cruise from Port Canaveral is on Carnival Sensation.

3 can share a room, but on most ships, it will be tight, but it is the most cost-effective way. Once you decide on a cruiseline, check the deck plans and see what is the largest cabin you all can afford--that's the way to do it!

Remember that the bathrooms on all but the larger cabins are really, really tiny, so "sharing" while getting ready is NOT an option!

Can someone suggest a 3-day cruise for three women in their late fifties? Can we all share one room or do we need to have a suite? Any and all suggestions appreciated. We're thinking the Caribbean or possibly Caribbean and Mexico flying from the midwest to Florida or New Orleans whichever turns out to be less expensive in the March/April timeframe of this year. Thanks......

Bahamas on the East coast and baja on the west. I wol=uld suggest at least a balcony cause rooms are tight

Bob

I did a 4-day Bahama from Port Canaveral on Carnival Fantasy. Me and 2 18-yo girls who had just graduated from high school.

There was plenty of room in the cabin (Carnival's are 185 sq ft), but there wasn't a whole lot of room on bathroom shelves.

One person will have to climb into a bunk, though.

I believe there are ships that have the two twins plus a convertible sofa, which might be much better for you ladies. I know I wouldn't want to be climbing into an upper berth, but I would if that was the only way I would get to cruise!

Don't know what the itineraries might be for those ships.

Here's a great site that not only shows deck plans, you can click on the individual decks and it will list every cabin and tell you what configuration of bed types, size, etc.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/home1.php

I recommend looking for a suitable itinerary, then checking the cabins on those ships at the above website.

The 3 night cruise on Majesty of the Seas (Royal Caribbean) out of Miami is a great starter cruise. You won't find the ice skating or flowrider found on their larger ships, but with only 3 nights, you won't have much time anyway.

Check out the information on their web site (http://www.royalcaribbean.com). The excursions are listed there as well, if you want to do any.

Archived