Photos from 1/28 Imagination Cruise

bragstarr

Robin - You're the best! Thank you so much for posting your pictures. They are great and make me so want to be there on another bleak New England winter day....If only I can stand the wait until August.

Your pictures even make me want to consider the dune buggy ride which I originally said no too! Seriously, how bumpy and muddy does it get?

Glad you are all enjoying. We really had a great trip. Weather cooperation is essential!

Elaine, the bumpy parts weren't that bad. It was fairly dry so we got splattered with dry mud, not wet. Easy enough to wipe off, and we laughed all the time. We took all our pool stuff with us and wore bathing suits underneath, and went straight to Margaritaville. Gave us a chance to "rinse off!" Some of it was bumpy, but I had a blast. I have a bad back and neck and no ill side effects. Much of it was on paved roads. It was $200 for a shore excursion, hubby was not happy, but said afterwards it was worth it and he had a great time!

Hi Bragstarr...

Great pics! I have a few questions as we might book this ship soon:

-How was the entertainment at night and during the day?

-How was the food... the pizza and the sushi (was it real sushi do you know)?

-How was the poolside reggae band? Were they good... did they play the popular songs... and did they play a decent amount of time?

-If you have been on any other cruises on newer or larger ships... how did the Imagination compare for you?

Thanks!

progress.gif

Hi Bragstarr...

Great pics! I have a few questions as we might book this ship soon:

-How was the entertainment at night and during the day?

-How was the food... the pizza and the sushi (was it real sushi do you know)?

-How was the poolside reggae band? Were they good... did they play the popular songs... and did they play a decent amount of time?

-If you have been on any other cruises on newer or larger ships... how did the Imagination compare for you?

Thanks!

progress.gif

Matt: We were on this sailing with brag...

Day time entertainment...there seemed to be something going on from 10am on on Sea Days...not as much until we left the ports on Port Days. We enjoyed things like Afternoon Tea in the Piano Bar. The usual games all day.

As far as night entertainment, they had a great Asian band that rocked. Drew (the Promenade soloist) was good as well. If you are into karaoke, Melvin ROCKED (but be aware the selection is limited). Hubby said the shows were good. The comedians were good on one of our cruises and not so good on the other. (We did a Back to Back) We are not into jugglers etc so hubby was not as impressed with that. Steve in the Piano Bar is a really nice guy.

We just sailed on the Victory in September (which is a larger ship) and we had just as much fun on the Imagination. The new deli should be open by now. (we missed it by one week :( ) I can't tell you about the sushi...cause I don't do bait! :D

Club O2 was good if you have 15-17 year olds. Circle C is still under construction where the old Card Room used to be.

Overall, the food on the buffet was ok. I usually don't do buffets but since the deli was out of commission...I ventured there. Lots of food selections.

Pizza was good. Out by the pool you had hamburgers, hot dogs, roast chicken and stir fry.

We did not spend a lot of time out by the pool, so I can't comment on the Reggie Band.

Thanks Robin for the pictures..... They were great.... Only 14 days to go...It looks like you had a blast in the dune buggys.

Karen:)

I want to go with you!!

Drop in and say hi to Steve in the Piano Bar and Drew on the Promenade. And tell them Noonan's Cruise Mom said hi!!!

This was my first cruise on Carnival. I think every cruise has it's ups and downs. We've been on huge (Explorer of the Seas) to small (Norwegian Crown). Every cruise line is different. This ship was a mid size one when I compare it to the 6 cruises I have been on. Of course, not some of the bells and whistles of Explorer and Norwegian Dawn. Aside from the fact this was a nice ship, the food was good, and there was a lot to do (always an activity going on) and a nice party atmosphere. I found the party atmosphere missing from NCL--and we are in our 50s. Somehow I was very relaxed on this cruise. Part of it was because I only booked one excursion, which was fabulous. My husband thought it was the best gym he had seen in six cruises! A HUGE part of what made this cruise up there in my book was that we had a great CC group and spent a lot of time with them. Felt like we knew everyone before even boarding. Nice to have friends aboard.

Aside from your beach towels, take a couple of wet washcloths from the cabin bathroom and put them in a ziplok bag. Good for rinsing off the mud. Make sure you bring a ziplok for your camera too, and throw it all in a tote bag you really don't care about. Wear clothes over your suit you don't care about (hubby wore bathing suit as shorts, I wore old black tshirt and shorts). Don't forget sunscreen for the ride and the pool afterward.

For anyone interested in going through over 100 pictures! Captions are on bottom and you may have to scroll down a bit. Enjoy!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?Uc=9kwb64f.alnist2v&Uy=-j4w4p&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0&mode=fromshare&conn_speed=1

Those were excellent pictures. We have never been to Half Moon

Cay - it looks beautiful.

Glad you had fun!!

Payd:)

Thanks for making my Monday morning....we are also on the 2/25 sailing....counting the days (for 6 months now...:p )

Just a couple of questions - was it too windy to play mini-golf?

While on Half Moon, I am not sure what to do with cameras - did you take your regular camera or a waterproof disposable? Great pictures, thanks for sharing!!

Thanks so much for sharing such wonderfull photos. Will be on the Imagination August 25th this year.You guys looked like you had a great and i guess thata what vacations are all about.I noticed that Half Moon Cay beach area was NOT busy what so ever??? Was the ship full to capacity or not.Thanks again for sharing Mikil

They ran the dune buggy excursion three times. We docked at 7AM. They had a 7:30, 9:30 and 11:30 (2 hours long each), and you leave GT at 2:30 PM (back on board by 2). We did the 9:30, which is my opinion is the best option. We got up, hubby went to gym, had breakfast, and moseyed on down to the pier (which, if you book it--walk ALL the way down the pier through the building with the liquor to where the fountain is in the middle--not just at the base of the pier). As I said, we came prepared in our bathing suits under our clothes. By 11:45 we were sitting in the pool at Margaritaville, where we stayed until about 1:30-1:45, and then went back on the ship for lunch (since we did 8PM seating, lunch at this time was fine). Elaine, depending on the time you go, you can run back onto the ship, except if you book the 11:30 one which ends at 1:30, it's impossible. Come prepared, bring snacks off the ship if you want, and don't even bother to go back on. BTW, Margaritaville is VERY expensive. And yes, it was $99 per person--I thinki it's $101pp now. Well worth it.

As for mini golf, we didn't do it. Of course, it's not too windy if you're in dock! :D I will say our sea day was quite windy, although sunny, but somehow I think you can pull it off.

We didn't take any water pictures on Half Moon Cay. Just brought the regular camera and used it. Obviously if you are going to snorkel you need an underwater camera (for some reason, I've found the Fuji ones work better than the Kodak). The ship WAS full to capacity. The trick is to walk down the path about halfway to the middle of the private cabanas. Nice and empty there with plenty of chairs. Besides, this leaves you fairly near the lunch pavilion. If you plop down right where you get off the ship, it's very crowded. I was a bit surprised Carnival did not give us a map of what was where on the island, although there was one posted.

Try this link. I got it off the Holland America site. It's their island, which Carnival uses when they don't:

Half Moon Cay - Caribbean Cruises from Holland America Line

I just checked that link. It no longer exists. Somewhere on the Holland America site, if you want to poke around, it must be there........in any event, you can get a lot more info on Half Moon Cay (check shore excursions) there, since it is their island!

Archived