Photos from 1/28 Imagination Cruise

bragstarr

Here is the link for the map of Half Moon Cay - seems they have recently changed the website around.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/assets/cruise-destinations/HalfMoonCay_Map.pdf

braggstar - Thanks for the excursion times. If we did the 9:30, went right back on the ship to change and grab a piece of pizza, I think we could be on the beach by 12:30/12:45- at least gives us an hour. We have an early dinner - 6:15, so don't want to do lunch after 2pm. Another dune buggy question: My DH is 6'4" and has a hard time even fitting into a car. Do you think he could fit in this thing??? Any other tall people out there who have done this excursion?

Elaine,

I have to tell you--one of the few reasons my husband did not like NCL was that there was no soft serve--only regular ice cream at certain hours. I have the funniest picture of him on the promenade on Explorer with a cone in each hand--unfortunately, pre-digital pictures.

Let's put it this way with the buggies--my husband is 5'9'. They moved the seat as CLOSE as they could to the gas pedal (well, not really a pedal, don't ask) and he had trouble reaching. I didn't even try driving for that reason as I am 5'2", and probably would have crashed the buggy anyway. I have a feeling a tall person could set the seat way back and have no problem--or you'll end up driving!

I do think you will have enough (if somewhat limited) time if you run back on the ship for lunch. Order room service that morning, take some ziploks with you, and stick it in your bag! And honestly, the beach is nice there--but the attraction is the huge pool and watching the "ladies" dance on stage. Bruce and I stood in the pool for half an hour just watching. You'll get enough nice beach at Half Moon Cay--thanks for finding that link, I knew it was there someplace.

These are very nice photos even though you are wearing Giants clothing LOL.

We just booked the imagination for August, we were on the elation in April doing the same stops, we cannot wait. We cancellec a NCL cruise on the Spirit because they are having engine trouble and the ports of call changed on us.

Can't wait until August now!

We just booked the imagination for August, we were on the elation in April doing the same stops, we cannot wait. We cancellec a NCL cruise on the Spirit because they are having engine trouble and the ports of call changed on us.

Can't wait until August now!

Your photos reflect the great time it sounds like you had on your cruise!

Thank you so very much on behalf of all our family....I am Adam "the Aussie trainer's" mum, and this is the the first photo we have seen of him in his "workplace" since he began his contract! :)

Glad you had a good experience in the gym Gary, sure looks fitted out pretty well as he has told us.

And all I have to say to that is, 18-1 baby, 18-1. Gee Gary, that's cruel of me!:D Go Big Blue!

Lara, I actually took that picture on purpose. About three months before my cruise you mentioned on these boards that your son was a trainer in the gym and was named Adam. When we went for our spa tour he spoke and I mentioned to him I had "met" you online. He was very excited by this; my husband and I went back on the sea day and spoke with him a bit. He seems really happy and told us some funny stories. I took the picture on purpose for you. I also took a great yoga class with him! And yes, the gym is beautiful.....I did put up a post to you when I got back, but it's probably on page 27 by now. Let me know if you want the pdf file of the picture.

...We technically got a four category upgrade to a 4D. On Empress Deck, which made us very convenient to everything. We did not get our cabin until we got to the pier, however. They ended up assigning us to E247, which is a very nice inside cabin, 2 beds pushed into a king--but it was the very last inside cabin in the back (aft) of the ship. The seas were rather smooth but my somewhat sensitive system did feel the motion of the ocean, until I got my sea legs and the Bonine got well into my system. Thank goodness it was not rough! But, that's the chance you get booking any sort of guarantee, and we took it. I would have rather been in a 4A on a lower deck but more in the center of the ship. Still, all and all, we had a great time (except the first night dinner was wasted on me.....).

Archived