Half Moon Cay Cabanas!

mikil321

Hello! I am trying to gather as much info as possible about the cabanas on half moon cay for my parents that are getting on with their age and would like to place them some where comfortable..If anyone can help me that would be great. First? What is the approximate price?Second?I have heard that people whom rent the cabanas get to be tendered off the boat first. Is this true or false?Third? I have heard there are ONLY 10 of them and I am sure many will go running to the excursion desk to book as soon as possible.Does anyone know when the shore excursion desk opens on embarkation day on the Imagination??? Thanks much in advance Mikil

Hello! I am trying to gather as much info as possible about the cabanas on half moon cay for my parents that are getting on with their age and would like to place them some where comfortable..If anyone can help me that would be great. First? What is the approximate price?Second?I have heard that people whom rent the cabanas get to be tendered off the boat first. Is this true or false?Third? I have heard there are ONLY 10 of them and I am sure many will go running to the excursion desk to book as soon as possible.Does anyone know when the shore excursion desk opens on embarkation day on the Imagination??? Thanks much in advance Mikil

I will tell you what I have found out on these boards. I have been asking questions about the cabanas for several weeks.

Cost - $220 for food, soft drinks, beach gear for four

Yes I also have heard about cabana renters being on the first tender

Yes there are only ten.

I have been told the excursion desk opens at 12:00 noon

Hope this helps

I have been there twice with HAL and had a cabana both times. I think your parents would like the turqoise cabana or one next to it because it's not in the thick of the crowds but not too far away...also, it's right by the food area as I recall.

I can't remember about the tender though they need to be one of the first off regardless.

I booked the cabana well before the trip online with HAL-can you do this with Carnival?

It's alot of fun!

With carnival you have to wait to book on the ship.HMC is the best beach omg you will love it. You may also check out the clamshall's only 20$ and you can have more privacy the futher up the beach you go.We had one right in the thick of things and it was pretty much private unless someone walk's in front of you. Either way you go you and you parants will love HMC.

We are just back from the Triumph and stopped in HMC, we rented a cabana and here is a bit of info...

Cost is 220.00 for 4 people

Desk opens at 12:00

As far as the location of the cabanas 1-4 are as soon as you get of the tender and walk a short distance. The problem with these (IMO) is that everyone stops here, the kids play area is here and so are the water toys. Cabana's 5-9 are still close but a bit further the higher number you go up. 10-15 are very private and few people walk that far.

We rented cabana #5 and we were traveling with my mother and I wanted her to be able to enjoy herself for the day so we rented one (I have also rented one previously thru HAL) The #5 cabana was close enough for her to walk to and far enough away to avoid 75% of the crowd. The nice this was also that the buffet area was directly behind us and she could easily walk up some stairs and get lunch.

The cabanas come with drinks (they will ask you what you want for sodas at time of booking) and you'll have fruit and snacks as well. The cabana will come with snorkel equipment and floaties, which are wonderful. We were traveling with a large group of 25 and we all sort of used the cabana at different times there was never an issue.

It is a wonderful relaxing way to spend a day and well worth the money (IMO)

Hope that helped, if I can answer any more questions, please let me know. Have a wonderful trip

We are a party of 9 - we would like to rent a cabana for 3 people who are travelling with us. The rest of us would be enjoying the sunshine. Would we all be able to tender together if one cabana is rented or would we be have to go separately?

I would like to thank everyone for your help on my questions. i am sure this will help others out also.Now i know they have 15 Cabanas and NOT 10! Chances seem better to get one Im sure. Thanks again all Mikil and Family

I know on some ships the excursion desk doesn't open until the following day. Do you know if the excursion desk opens at noon on embarkation day for The Carnival Liberty? And, at that point do you tell them what number cabana you want? If there are only 10-15 cabanas what are the chances of getting one?

We didnt get to tender off first. I dont know why. I can tell you this ,we had to fight people off all day, even though there are signs that say they are private. We took some string with us to rope off the deck. But we had people take the string down and literally say I just want to use the shower. Maybe I'm just too anal but it really bugged me that I had to keep an eye on the cabana at all times. I feel like the ship should have a better grip on this. $200 is not a small amount of money. People would try and take the floats off the deck. However all that being said I'd rent one again.

We didnt get to tender off first. I dont know why. I can tell you this ,we had to fight people off all day, even though there are signs that say they are private. We took some string with us to rope off the deck. But we had people take the string down and literally say I just want to use the shower. Maybe I'm just too anal but it really bugged me that I had to keep an eye on the cabana at all times. I feel like the ship should have a better grip on this. $200 is not a small amount of money. People would try and take the floats off the deck. However all that being said I'd rent one again.

I am probably one of the people you had to fight off:D when we cruised on the Triumph last September, I had no idea that people paid for them. I thought it was like a first come first serve thing. I did want to use the shower from one, but people kept giving me dirty looks, I just thought they were being really rude and unfriendly. I think Carnival should put it in the capers paper. I don't book ship excursions, so didn't read about it. A sign or something would have been nice. Anyway just my thoughts, now I know and will stay far away. :)

StThomasLover! How could you NOT know these are rented??? To many margaritas I take it huh!!!.If we get the oppurtunity to rent one of these cabanas and run into the same problem on our cruise we WONT have a worry seeing three of the men in our party of 23 people are professional westlers and have fought off guys like Hulk Hogan in the past.Go ahead and make their day!!! So hope you dont show up on our cruise and attempt the same thing or expect a body slam face first to the sand dude!!!!!He he he!

When you go to tender off you will have your excursion ticket, they will only let 4 people off with you however, its really not a big deal the rest of the group will be there within 30-45 minutes. we did this and everything worked out fine.

Here is a secret; if the excursion desk is closed.....you can go to the Pursers desk and they can book any excursion for you. So in the case that you don't want to wait until later. Just go to the Pursers desk they always open around 12:00 and book it thru them..........shhhh don't tell anyone

StThomasLover! How could you NOT know these are rented??? To many margaritas I take it huh!!!.If we get the oppurtunity to rent one of these cabanas and run into the same problem on our cruise we WONT have a worry seeing three of the men in our party of 23 people are professional westlers and have fought off guys like Hulk Hogan in the past.Go ahead and make their day!!! So hope you dont show up on our cruise and attempt the same thing or expect a body slam face first to the sand dude!!!!!He he he!

I hope the intent of your post was humor. It wasn't directed toward me but I took offense for stthomaslover. He stated he made a mistake, it wasn't intentional! I guess you are perfect and never make mistakes.

When you go to tender off you will have your excursion ticket, they will only let 4 people off with you however, its really not a big deal the rest of the group will be there within 30-45 minutes. we did this and everything worked out fine.

Here is a secret; if the excursion desk is closed.....you can go to the Pursers desk and they can book any excursion for you. So in the case that you don't want to wait until later. Just go to the Pursers desk they always open around 12:00 and book it thru them..........shhhh don't tell anyone

shhhhhhhhhhh

I LOVED Half Moon Cay! I did not rent a cabana, but they looked lovely...I did not even rent a clam shell, but I had a ball! Very attentive service (bucket of beers, daquiri, etc) and the FISH! It was amazing! We did the Parasailing excursion...fun, fun, fun!!! This thread makes me want to be sure and book a cruise that includes HMC next!!:D

Please lighten up on the offence thing! If the guy made a legitimate mistake then it was a mistake BUT Im not gonna sit there and let every Tom,Dick and harry come strolling onto my $200 plus dollar rented for the day Cabana and start using the amenities that WE paid for!!! Come on lighten up! I didnt come on here for a fight only knowlegable information to make my cruise and maybe others more enjoyable. We all win in the long run right??? Thanks Mikil;

PS Oh by the way these guys ARE professional westlers and Im sure the kids are gonna know whom they are.They have both been in it with ther hulkster and are good buddy of him. August 25th Imagination BE THEREEEEEE!

Please lighten up on the offence thing! If the guy made a legitimate mistake then it was a mistake BUT Im not gonna sit there and let every Tom,Dick and harry come strolling onto my $200 plus dollar rented for the day Cabana and start using the amenities that WE paid for!!! Come on lighten up! I didnt come on here for a fight only knowlegable information to make my cruise and maybe others more enjoyable. We all win in the long run right??? Thanks Mikil;

I too didn't post for a fight, i just want you to lighten to tone of your response. I love the information I get on CC. Your post just struck me the wrong way. I understand your concern and I wouldn't want anyone to infringe on my rented cabana either. I felt you were a little strong with the "slam his face in the sand" comment. He admitted he did not do it intentional. A simple explanation to a confused cruiser would accomplish the task.

Enough said, I hope you have a great cruise. I will have good time and write a review all about the cabanas after my March 15 cruise.

A peaceful and tolerant cruiser

I was just wondering, which cabana did you rent? I've read of this happening at the 1st cabana because the walkway sort of ends right at it. We'll be at HMC in April and would like to avoid a similar experience :) .

We will be 4 adults and 1 child and are going to rent a cabana on our August cruise. The question I have is what type of snorkel equipment exactly is provided? My DH and I have our own snorkles and mask, but on previous trips usually use the outfits fins and snorkel vests. How many sets are provided and do they include the vests and fins? Could we rent what is not provided?

Also how many floats are provided? How much to rent an extra if there are only 4???

Thanks for your help.

I don't know what kind of equipment is provided other than snorkel gear for 4 people and 4 floating mats.

You may be able to rent extra equipment on the beach. Otherwise, you would have to pay more for the cabana, etc. That is how I understand it, I am sure someone will chime in who has used the cabana in the past.

When you book the Cabana they ask you for sizes, so if two of you have your own, just size the ones that don't; We did this without problem. There are no vests with the snorkel equip and really no need for it.

The floaties will be there and we had 5 at our cabana. I think that even if you have 4 floaties; that should be enough. The floaties are long and can easily be shared.

We will be 4 adults and 1 child and are going to rent a cabana on our August cruise. The question I have is what type of snorkel equipment exactly is provided? My DH and I have our own snorkles and mask, but on previous trips usually use the outfits fins and snorkel vests. How many sets are provided and do they include the vests and fins? Could we rent what is not provided?

Also how many floats are provided? How much to rent an extra if there are only 4???

Thanks for your help.

The price for a cabana is for 4 people only. There is an extra charge per person for anyone, child or adult, over 4 people. You'll get gear for all of the people you pay for.

Sorry I havent been back on the boards for a bit. I cant rememebr the cabana color but I think it was lite blue. It was on down the beach atleast half way. Yes it was a pain having to watch the place and yes there was sign, but it was note very noticable. Bring that string. We were told that we could only have 4 persons period, no additional people. I don't know how they would enforce it though. Never saw a soul doing much of anything on that island, the help wasnt the best. They have locals that live there and they have that typical Bahamain workers attitude. Hope no one takes that the wrong way, but some of you know what I mean.

Gear we had: floats, vest, snorkel and mask, flippers. I think that was it. Asked us what drinks we prefered.

Archived