First post - lots of ??'s

T&Tmom

Hi everyone! I have been lurking here on Cruise Critic for awhile now and figured I better pony up and make that first post!

I have sailed on RCCL once before (Sovereign of the Seas in 1996) and Disney twice (2001 & 2007). We are planning a cruise on Freedom of the Seas next March (2009) and I had some questions. I know March 2009 is a long ways away and some of this info will probably change by then. I did look for this info here on Cruise Critic and on other sites – if it is here and I missed it I apologize.

On to the questions:

• I have seen dinner menus here and elsewhere, but where might I find lunch menus for the dining rooms? Also is there a room service menu somewhere?
  • What snacks are available at Café Promenade 24 hours a day?
  • What are the restrictions for the flowrider – if any? I think there is probably a height restriction.
  • Are there any restrictions for the rock climbing wall?
  • Since there is an ice skating rink on board I am going to make an assumption that you can either rent or borrow skates – correct?
  • I have read that one of the “must do’s” is the ice show. Can I pick up tickets for everyone in my party (7 of us in three cabins) or can I only get tickets for the number of guests in my room?

Thanks for any and all assistance!

First welcome

On to the questions:

• I have seen dinner menus here and elsewhere, but where might I find lunch menus for the dining rooms? Also is there a room service menu somewhere? This is the room service menu http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2480524460053366211qCjKzu
  • I have not seen a lunch one.

• What snacks are available at Café Promenade 24 hours a day? Pizza, sandwiches, salads

• What are the restrictions for the flowrider – if any? I think there is probably a height restriction. Not sure

• Are there any restrictions for the rock climbing wall? Ditoo

• Since there is an ice skating rink on board I am going to make an assumption that you can either rent or borrow skates – correct? Borrow, no charge, you must wear long pants though

• I have read that one of the “must do’s” is the ice show. Can I pick up tickets for everyone in my party (7 of us in three cabins) or can I only get tickets for the number of guests in my room? You can pick them up for your whole party

Welcome to Cruise Critic. I will try to answer some of your questions.

What snacks are available at Café Promenade 24 hours a day?

pizza, sandwicches and cookies and other dessertts come to mind as well as self serve coffee and tea and water.

Are there any restrictions for the rock climbing wall?

I think this one is age restricted at 6 years old but it may be 8 years old. Did nto see a height restriction.

Since there is an ice skating rink on board I am going to make an assumption that you can either rent or borrow skates – correct?

Yes you can use skates that are provided for you by the cruiseline. The times that the rink are open are quite limited.

I have read that one of the “must do’s” is the ice show. Can I pick up tickets for everyone in my party (7 of us in three cabins) or can I only get tickets for the number of guests in my room?

You can get tickets for everyone in your party.

Enjoy your cruise.

The lunch menu is the same everyday, with a special or two thrown in for "variety"! You have soups, sandwiches, salads, etc... and there's usually a pasta bar and then some "specials".

While we enjoy having breakfast in the dining room (more civilized and fresher than the the buffet!), lunch requires changing from a bathing suit to real clothes, so we don't do lunch there often!

Thanks so much for all of the quick responses.

Now I just have to wait like 400 days before we go! :rolleyes:

the time will go by quicker then you think...make sure to check out some of the posts on CC about things to do, theres lots of stuff people forget, etc...and read alot of stuff about your ship, destinations, etc, it'll go by quick enough ;)

Hi Joe

You look vaguely familiar to me.

Anyway, your signature shows you're sailing on 10/8 and your countdown clock says 9/8??

Long cruise :D

Hey, Beth, I noticed that in *your* thread but figured that I would not point it out to him! ;)

Archived