OBC Codes for your TA....

Laura11982

I don't know if I am allowed to post this so let me know if I am in the wrong...

OBC ALERT!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

I got the following from my friend that's a TA:

OBC--if you have not made final payment on your reservations, have your travel agent go into the system and enter code KACK for $50 on board credit OR enter KACJ to your reservation--you should get $25 OBC. (I don't know why you'd want the lesser, but maybe it'll be useful.)

These codes are good until March 10, and need to be entered before final payment is made. There may be a limit on number of these you can use, so I'd say pick the best deal.

I don't know if I am allowed to post this so let me know if I am in the wrong...

OBC ALERT!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

I got the following from my friend that's a TA:

OBC--if you have not made final payment on your reservations, have your travel agent go into the system and enter code KACK for $50 on board credit OR enter KACJ to your reservation--you should get $25 OBC. (I don't know why you'd want the lesser, but maybe it'll be useful.)

These codes are good until March 10, and need to be entered before final payment is made. There may be a limit on number of these you can use, so I'd say pick the best deal.

I may be wrong but...doesn't it cost the TA some of their commission to give you an OBC?

I may be wrong but...doesn't it cost the TA some of their commission to give you an OBC?

Sometimes it does and other times it is offered as a special promo through the cruiseline. Also groups receive OBC's as amenity points, so an agency may have a group booked ona sailing and put your reservation into it.

These are coupon codes. However, while agents can enter these codes on line, they can also be required to produce the actual coupons. No honest agent would do this unless the client actually had the coupons.

I agree with you rjg. Once the coupon "does not make it to RCCL" I wonder how many upset people there will be. It surprises me at times what gets posted on the boards...

I agree with you rjg. Once the coupon "does not make it to RCCL" I wonder how many upset people there will be. It surprises me at times what gets posted on the boards...

Oh my goodness!!! I didn't know that. My friend (TA) told me they were codes, but I didn't think she'd give me coupon codes that required the coupon be sent. I'll ask her. I am very sorry if I caused anyone any trouble. That was NOT my intent. :(

I don't see what it hurts to post it. It's something you could ask your TA about. If they say you're not eligible or need a paper coupon to go along with it, then "Oh well."

I don't see what it hurts to post it. It's something you could ask your TA about. If they say you're not eligible or need a paper coupon to go along with it, then "Oh well."

You're totally right... Thanks. Now I don't feel SO bad. :)

I have used coupons before, and have never been asked to send the coupon in.

But the coupons are usually but not always offered on certain sailings only, they are not good on all sailings and also usually have to be booked within a certain time period. So you really need to know what the coupon is for. I think the ones you mentioned we were sent after our Alaska Cruise, saying thank you for sailing with us or something like that.

UPDATE!!!!

I called C&A and a supervisor there informed me that these codes are for their "past guest" promo that they are running. NO coupon required. It's worth asking if you can use them for your booked cruises!! I got mine for 2 cruises we have booked. :D

UPDATE!!!!

I called C&A and a supervisor there informed me that these codes are for their "past guest" promo that they are running. NO coupon required. It's worth asking if you can use them for your booked cruises!! I got mine for 2 cruises we have booked. :D

Did C&A apply the code - had you made your reservation directly with RCCL or through your TA friend?

Thanks! :)

We have a TA and I emailed her and asked her about the credit. We now have $50 OBC for being past cruisers. Our children are in an adjoining room, however, since they are not past cruisers we couldn't get the OBC for their room. Thank you Laura11982 for the info!!

We have a TA and I emailed her and asked her about the credit. We now have $50 OBC for being past cruisers. Our children are in an adjoining room, however, since they are not past cruisers we couldn't get the OBC for their room. Thank you Laura11982 for the info!!

Awesome!! I'm glad I could help!! It's actually not through C&A, but through the sales dept. I made the reservation through a TA. Not the one that told me about these codes though.... hmmmm. :D

Any idea if this promo can be combined with others and could be used in addition to an existing $100 onboard credit I've already got? I'd go enter the code, but I'd hate for the system to replace my $100 with the $50.

I doubt it... most promo codes are "not valid with any other offer" but you could call RCCL's sales dept and ask. :)

Good Morning!

I just called C&A as my reservation is directly with RCCL.

The girl I spoke with could not find code KACJ. Then she made a phone call and said that code was only good for reservations MADE between Jan 1, 2008 and March 10, 2008.

Just curious if anyone has any different info. ;)

A word of caution from a TA - you have to be really careful adding in codes you're not familiar with because you could be wiping out a better OBC that was already on the reservation. Be cautious before making any changes.

Thanks, appreciate the advice. :)

I would hope C & A would alert someone of that before just automatically changing it over. Would any previous offers be 'POOF' gone or would C & A see if offers could be stacked etc.

UPDATE: I called C&A and got the rudest person who hung up on me when i asked about the OBC. i then called rccl line and was explained about the code! and again transford back to C&A talked to a nice woman who told me to email it to rccl coupons for the onboard credit. i emailed it and got email notification un delivered! again i called C&A got a very nice man that explained it all to me it is not an onboard credit but a 50.00 off the sailing coupon. i emailed it to coupons now i will wait to see

Archived