OBC Codes for your TA....

Laura11982

We booked before Jan 1 but we will not pay for it until March 13.

I dont know anythingabout the promotion, I just had my TA try entering the code & it worked!

He said it was for past cruisers who were unpaid (before March 10).

He refered to it as a promotion where no coupon was needed.

I just called C&A to verify it was there... yep!

I've called c&a twice - they never heard of such a code or promotion. They transfered me to sales, first guy says only good for short cruises (3 & 4 days) I'm booked for 10 - next guys says he doesn't see a promotion listed, must be a mistake. So I'm up to 4 phone calls - but no credit for me. What gives.....................what exactly did you guys do to get the $.

We booked before Jan 1 but we will not pay for it until March 13.

I dont know anythingabout the promotion, I just had my TA try entering the code & it worked!

He said it was for past cruisers who were unpaid (before March 10).

He refered to it as a promotion where no coupon was needed.

I just called C&A to verify it was there... yep!

I'll call RCI tomorrow and see what happens. Maybe I'll be lucky too!

Im a TA and I just wanted to chime in here. First of all I know exactely what this person is talking about, as it was promo that was sent to TA's only and the poster should have never got. ALSO the promo is for select sailings only, and MUST be entered in cruising power which is a TA only website.

Re Code KACK and KACJ. Is this an OBC or Savings Certificate? With the different amounts it sounds more like a Savings Certificate. I've reread this thread and am more confused than ever.

Thanks..............is there a way to access these flyers on a regular basis? Or is this something for TA's?

I was just messing around when I went to make a payment and I put in the code and a few days later I recieved this email.

Dear Travel Partner:

Thank you for using our online Coupon Redemption Center!

We have received and applied your Royal Caribbean International or Celebrity Cruises coupon as submitted.

We reserve the right to inspect and examine any original coupon for verification. We reserve the right to disallow any credit for inappropriately duplicative submissions and those submissions which are inconsistent with the terms and conditions of the coupon.

Thank you and best regards,

Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises

Please see additional information regarding coupon redemption at www.cruisingpower.com

The information contained in this communication is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and for others authorized to receive it. The communication may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or taking any action in reliance on these contents is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this communication in error, please notify us immediately by responding to this email and then delete if from your system. Royal Caribbean Cruises LTD. is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication or for any delay in its receipt.

Royal Caribbean International 02/19/2008 04:49 PM

To

coupons@rccl.com

cc

Subject

Monarch Of The Seas 06-Oct-2008 Onboard Credit

We have received the following request for coupons at royalcaribbean.com

Email Address: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Booking ID: xxxxxxx

Ship: Monarch Of The Seas

Sailing Date: 06-Oct-2008

Guests: xxxx xxxxxx

Coupon Type: Onboard Credit

Option code: KACJ

1) Can people who booked directly with Royal Caribbean receive this credit, or do you have to have booked through a TA?

2) Is this offer combinable with Crown and Anchor coupons for money off a cruise?

Thanks

I made the reservation through a TA. Not the one that told me about these codes though.... hmmmm. :D

I know this is off topic but I was just curious. If your friend is a TA why did you not book with her/him? Especially since she/he seems more knowledgable than the TA you did book with.

Sooner or later what is being done here (codes without coupons) will get back to RCCL (they read these boards) and RCCL may make a decision to shut the practice down. They send out these coupons to target audiences and if they get general distribution if defeats the purpose. If they do act, we'll be back to mailing the coupons in again and no electronic submission or they will put a serial number on each coupon. It may take several months but just wait.

Sooner or later what is being done here (codes without coupons) will get back to RCCL (they read these boards) and RCCL may make a decision to shut the practice down. They send out these coupons to target audiences and if they get general distribution if defeats the purpose. If they do act, we'll be back to mailing the coupons in again and no electronic submission or they will put a serial number on each coupon. It may take several months but just wait.

But if you are honestly entitled to teh promtion, why not take advantage of it. This offer is NOT a coupon that would have ever had to be mailed in. If you are entitled to it, the "system" will accept it, if not, it will decline it.

No harm in trying.

I e-mailed my TA with this information and this is the reply I got from her:

"I spoke with Royal Caribbean and a letter is required that has to be faxed in to the cruise lines for the credit to apply

This was the best information I could get when speaking with the Crown and ANchor department"

I just tried e-mailing her with a question re: this "letter" and whether I needed to furnish it or would she, as her response was rather vague, but it's bouncing back to me undeliverable. I'll try later, but what do you think of her response?:confused:

Doreen

Oh my goodness!!! I didn't know that. My friend (TA) told me they were codes, but I didn't think she'd give me coupon codes that required the coupon be sent. I'll ask her. I am very sorry if I caused anyone any trouble. That was NOT my intent. :(

You sound so cute, young and refreshing. I just turned 59 on Tuesday and I was like you; never wanted to hurt anyone's feelings, didn't want any conflict in my life, or cause any trouble especially to somewhere else. Then I came here to cruise critic and started posting my opinions. Some of the answers started to hurt my feelings but then I realized that everyone here is like one big onboard family where we all give our advice. Some advice we like and agree with and other advice we do not agree with and don't like. So please do not feel like you need to apologize. It was nice that you wanted to share good news with all of us and try and help us save money by getting an OBC. CC is the perfect place to share, learn, give and take advice.

You sound so cute, young and refreshing. I just turned 59 on Tuesday and I was like you; never wanted to hurt anyone's feelings, didn't want any conflict in my life, or cause any trouble especially to somewhere else. Then I came here to cruise critic and started posting my opinions. Some of the answers started to hurt my feelings but then I realized that everyone here is like one big onboard family where we all give our advice. Some advice we like and agree with and other advice we do not agree with and don't like. So please do not feel like you need to apologize. It was nice that you wanted to share good news with all of us and try and help us save money by getting an OBC. CC is the perfect place to share, learn, give and take advice.

Thanks Lady. That makes me feel better. A few people have tried to make me feel like I am breaking the rules here with posting those codes, but since they're not coupons that need to be mailed in, I'm not. I have found that there a few peolpe on CC that like to make others feel bad, but your comment makes it all better. Thanks. :D

Seriously RJG.... it's NOT a coupon, as stated numerous times in this thread. It's a CODE. I was simply trying to spread the word... I would never intentionally advise people to break the rules. But thanks for assuming I would. :)

I e-mailed my TA with this information and this is the reply I got from her:

"I spoke with Royal Caribbean and a letter is required that has to be faxed in to the cruise lines for the credit to apply

This was the best information I could get when speaking with the Crown and ANchor department"

I just tried e-mailing her with a question re: this "letter" and whether I needed to furnish it or would she, as her response was rather vague, but it's bouncing back to me undeliverable. I'll try later, but what do you think of her response?:confused:

Doreen

Darla, I got almost the exact response from my TA.

She said " I checked with RCCL regarding the promo codes that you gave me and these promos are from the sales department. It applies to a letter that gets sent out to each family that has sailed just after you finish your first cruise. The passengers receive coupons to apply to a future booking. Each of these letters contain a booking window. In order to apply any further reductions, I will need a copy of this letter outlining the booking window with the applicable reduction to send to RCI to apply any further discounts."

This sounds pretty reasonable to me, and the TA I am dealing with is good. Sounds like RCI is honoring some, whether they should be or not, but I'm not gonna push it, its not THAT much money.

I asked my T/A about this code, this is what she emailed back:

"I guess you need a coupon e-mailed to you from crown and anchor to get an obc. You might try going on crown and anchor and seeing if they will mail you one"..

Who am I to believe?!?!

My TA was aware of the codes when I emailed her & she entered them for our upcoming cruise....unfortunately they are not combinable with other obc so we didn't get the extra $50...but at least we didn't LOSE the $100 we already had from booking onboard...

Archived