Crocs?

They are so cormfortable and would be perfect for the ship and all excursions. Mine don't seem to slip at all and we wore them round the pool last year. They wash well too! However in hot wether I must say with bare feet your feet do get a bit sweaty and slidy! But I will be wearing them again this year - much to my husbands disgust! Thanks for that tip about thong crocs cincinnatigirl I am going to get some of them!

The crocs are great! I live in Florida and unless I amwalking from one end of campus to the other, you will usually find me in crocs. They work great on the ship, especially at the pool because they dry incredibly fast. If it is really hot, your feet will get a little wet but I have never had them be slippery. You do have to be careful though; I have a pair that are 4 years old and the bottoms are so worn down that you slip everywhere in them.

They are great. Most people think there is only one style...but they have dozens....check out http://www.crocs.com . They are very light weight, so perfect for travel. They are non-skid...perfect on deck or on excursions.

They are non skid. The holes keep them cool and well vented. I don't have problems with sweat, but some people have reported this. There should be a 1/4 in clearance between your foot and the shoe on all sides when standing still, if properly fitted. This allows plenty of air flow. You can also wear them with ankle socks if you want extra cushioning or moisture absorbtion.

If you want something more breathable, get one of the canvas models, or flip flops (croc-flops?).

If you are going on an excursion that may involve water, try the Hydro model. They are very secure, and very comfortable.

I just got into the croc thing last summer and was planning on taking them on our winter cruise ---- but I forgot them at home. I figured they would be excellent for any water/casual use. Next time you'll see me in my navy crocs (squeaking along?).

are they good for wearing around the decks , outside , pool side or do they slip?

do they get sweaty inside with bare feet?

pros. cons please

thanks

They were great on both of our cruises. No Cons, other than cost Wore them everyday to and from the pool.

I just got into the croc thing last summer and was planning on taking them on our winter cruise ---- but I forgot them at home. I figured they would be excellent for any water/casual use. Next time you'll see me in my navy crocs (squeaking along?).

They were available at one of the shops next to the peir at St Thomas if you forget again. I would guess they have them at many ports.

I think I'll wear mine in the dining room on formal nights. :cool:

Croc thong??? Now those have to be quite uncomfortable. Doesn't the rubber chafe your cheeks? I would not advise on a Croc thong if you plan on walking too much, especially up and down the stairs...........OUCH.

Seriously, Crocs are perfect when you are in and around the water, although they are the ugliest things anyone could ever wear anywhere. Before you all start yelling about how comfortable they are........I know, I own a pair. HOWEVER, that still does not detract from the fact they they look like spaceage clown shoes.

I hope this helped.LOL

I love my crocs- I have heard some people complain of sore feet if their feet were wet. I have not had this experience. They are a cinch to dry off.

I have tried on the flip-flops- Cant decide on a color just yet...

I will say that sizing can vary between styles, so it is best to find a place in town to try a certain style on, and order online if they dont carry the color, etc.

So easy to slip on and off going into the pools.. and they are comfy!

I'm glad to hear you take them off before entering the pool! On one of our cruises I was sitting in the hot tub and this lady gets in with her crocs on. GROSS !!! Then I'm setting around the edge of the pool and another lady is walking her child around the lip of the pool that has a couple inches of water with crocs on. I wanted to say something to her but decided against it. Do these people not think about where they have been walking in these things and then get into the water??????

I'm glad to hear you take them off before entering the pool! On our last cruise I was sitting in the hot tub and this lady gets in with her crocs on. GROSS !!! Then I'm setting around the edge of the pool and another lady is walking her child around the lip of the pool that has a couple inches of water with crocs on. I wanted to say something to her but decided against it. Do these people not think about where they have been walking in these things and then get into the water??????

As opposed to people who walk barefoot from their cabin and get in the hot tub?

I wore my Crocs for everything and they were great. It seems like 75% of the people on the ship were wearing Crocs.

Anytime I really want my feet not to hurt I wear my Crocs....ugly though they are. Yes, they look like garden shoes....but they are the best! I wore them all over Chichen Itza for hours and my feet never hurt. I am old enough that comfort trumps beauty everytime!

Crocs are wonderful for air travel, since everyone now has to put all shoes through the x-ray machine. Crocs are easy to get off and then back on. I think I may be able to get DH into them for air travel, at least.

Be careful....they tend to stick to slick floors!

they are the ugliest things going, but I love them. I wear closed toed crocs in my kitchen all the time. There are times, when I'm working with a cooking class or just prepping dinner, that I'm standing on ceramic tile a lot, and crocs are great for this.

On the ship, I wear the croc sandals around the pool. They don't slip and they are really comfortable. They do get worn down, but they aren't all that expensive and I replace mine every three years or so.

Archived