Vines

e050377

Vines is a very nice venue in the Piazza of the Crown, Emerald, and Ruby Princess. DH and I enjoyed a glass of wine there twice during our recent cruise on the Emerald. There is a very nice menu of wines by the glass and wine flights if you want to taste different varieties.

There is sushi available whenever Vines is open but the sushi chef was on duty certain hours when you could watch him work and order your own special plate of sushi. You start with a plate of three items for $3 then each individual piece is $1. If you don't want sushi, an appetizer or cheese plate is brought upon request, or you can ask staff to get you something at the International Cafe on the opposite side of the Piazza.

I'm not exactly a sushi connoisseur but can tell you that the quality of the items in Vines is far superior to the stuff they serve in Horizon Court ;)

Cheers!

Chris

Vines is a very nice venue in the Piazza of the Crown, Emerald, and Ruby Princess. DH and I enjoyed a glass of wine there twice during our recent cruise on the Emerald. There is a very nice menu of wines by the glass and wine flights if you want to taste different varieties.

There is sushi available whenever Vines is open but the sushi chef was on duty certain hours when you could watch him work and order your own special plate of sushi. You start with a plate of three items for $3 then each individual piece is $1. If you don't want sushi, an appetizer or cheese plate is brought upon request, or you can ask staff to get you something at the International Cafe on the opposite side of the Piazza.

I'm not exactly a sushi connoisseur but can tell you that the quality of the items in Vines is far superior to the stuff they serve in Horizon Court ;)

Cheers!

Chris

Thanks for the info. We are not into sushi but we would have loved a cheese plate. They didn't offer us one. Do they charge for that?? I'll have to remember that when we are on the Emerald in October.

Thanks for the info. We are not into sushi but we would have loved a cheese plate. They didn't offer us one. Do they charge for that?? I'll have to remember that when we are on the Emerald in October.

No charge for cheese or appetizer but you have to ask for it as they don't bring it unless requested. Other than the sushi, there isn't food there so they have to go elsewhere to retrieve it.

Chris

The sushi we had in the HC on the CB was horrible. It was a big ball of dry rice. Wish they had Vines so I could have experienced the good stuff. :D

-Andrew

I ate more sushi at Vines. it was wonderfil. i went somewhere between 7 and 9. most nights i spent$5. for the sushi. I always picked out whati wanted. Plusi ate my cheese. if I was skipping dinner i got sushi and later a salad.

YUMMY

I ate more sushi at Vines. it was wonderfil. i went somewhere between 7 and 9. most nights i spent$5. for the sushi. I always picked out whati wanted. Plusi ate my cheese. if I was skipping dinner i got sushi and later a salad.

YUMMY

We just got off the Crown last Sat. and had a fantanstic cruise. We loved Vines and went every evening before our late trad. dinner. Erlin, the bartender there knew our names after the first evening and always had an enthusiastic greeting for us whenever we saw him. They do have nicer wines there, and even nicer glassware. We did not try to sushi, but they did bring us cheese, prosciutto (sp?) and other warm goodies without asking, and for no charge. Its was always uncrowded and has a warm, cozy atmosphere.

BTW, one of the other bartenders, Shane, told us that the CB was having her atrium completely redone in May while in drydock and she will have Vines. Don't know if its true but he seemd to be sure of this. Good news for the CB.

Loved the staff at Vines on the Crown, though their names are escaping me right now. I think Erlin was the man, wasn't he. We got to know them all on the first day and they always knew our name. Went to say goodbye before we left the ship. Never had to ask for a cheese plate and appetizers -- it was always brought to us. When our kids came by, they gave them a cheese plate too or brought something yummy from the International Cafe. Most people went in for a glass of wine but we did the flights (though I wish they had more, I think there were only four different ones). The wine was presented in nice glasses in a metal carrier kind of thing. The prices were very reasonable also (especially after doing wine flights on the Liberty of the Seas (many more $$$). I want to say $8 to $12 for each flight. Did think the sushi concept was not really something that should be paired with a wine bar. Most people came to see what they had but I never saw the chef prepare any orders. Wish this was on the CB in April but they won't get it until she goes into drydock.

Archived