What floor am I on .... ?

tcs1366

When we embark .... what floor are we on? I'm trying to get my bearings, so when we get on, I know where I am and where I need to go.

Is it the "Lobby" ?

Obviously, this is my first cruise.

**edited to add .... I'll be on Carnival's Glory.

TIA,

tcs

When we embark .... what floor are we on? I'm trying to get my bearings, so when we get on, I know where I am and where I need to go.

Is it the "Lobby" ?

TIA,

tcs

The the first number of your cabin will tell you what deck you are located on. If you have cabin 4056 you're on deck four. If you go the Carnival website and look at the deck plans for your ship you can find out exactly where you are located.

Cruiserking

cruiserking -- thanks for the reply, but that isn't what i was asking... I know my room is on the 7th floor -- I want to know... when i step foot on the ship... what floor am I on at that time? is that the Lobby?

Tcs,

I just took a quick gander at the Carnival site. The Lobby Deck looks like the spot you will board, it's located on deck 3. You should check out the Carnival Boards at Cruise Critic. All those veteran cruisers will be able to answer all of your Glory questions over there.

Cruiserking

Is it the "Lobby" ?

TIA,

tcs

The deck that you will board on depends on the location where the ship is docked and the tide - we have boarded on both lower decks and middle decks. The usual boarding deck is the one with the lobby - but it does depend on the embarkation port and pier.

When you board there will most likely be elevators and stairs nearby. All floors are clearly marked in those locations so you'll get your answer then with a quick look around. That is how we figured out where we were when we went on our first cruise a few weeks ago.

Like a previous poster said, it depends.

Enjoy!

If I recall correctly, we've embarked on Deck 3 on Carnival ships. On the Glory, it is actually called "Lobby Deck."

It seems that it varies, but we've usually been handed a neat little fold-out map that shows the decks. It's similar to what you see if you go to Carnival's website and go to the link for the ship. You know, a "side" view, that has all the decks labeled. If they don't give you one, ask one of the nice Carnival employees who is standing there when you board. They usually have them. If not, go straight to the purser's desk (located in the lobby) and get one. Those "side view" maps are also located next to every bank of elevators!

The Glory is a pretty big ship for a first cruise. I'm feeling rather intimidated and it will be my 7th!

Main issue seems to be that the galley blocks Decks 3 & 4. I'm not sure why it's such an issue as many ships have a large galley between the dining rooms. Anyway, review the deck plans and note that you can go fore to aft on Deck 5. If, like me, your cabin is on a lower deck, I plan on just walking to the aft staircase then up, if I'm assigned to the Platinum Restaurant.

If you haven't already done so, I recommend reading as many reviews as possible and Google for photos. There's also a thread dedicated to the Glory on the Carnival board. Oh, and see if there's a Roll Call for your sailing. You should meet people there that have cruised before and can answer a lot of questions.

Don't worry so far in advance!

Advance?? I leave tomorrow. And i'm not worrying, i'm just trying to be prepared.

If I recall correctly, we've embarked on Deck 3 on Carnival ships. On the Glory, it is actually called "Lobby Deck."

Thanks NC, your entire reply was very helpful.

and Yes, there is a Roll Call that i've been on.

The deck that you will board on depends on the location where the ship is docked and the tide - we have boarded on both lower decks and middle decks. The usual boarding deck is the one with the lobby - but it does depend on the embarkation port and pier.

OH - i was unaware of this fact. Makes sense though. We will be going out of Canaveral.

Everyone -- thank you for your replies.

tcs

Dont' worry about getting lost. Exploring the ship is half the fun. There will be a guide for each deck by the stairs/elevators. The elevators will have what's on each floor. Print out the deck plans and take them with you if you want.

You won't necessarily get on board at the Lobby Deck. It all depends on where they put the gangway. We've been on the same ship where we got on at deck 4 and on another cruise, at the same port but in a different terminal, but the same ship, we got on deck 5. You might not know until you actually get there. BTW, you really shouldn't worry about where you're getting on---that's an absolute nothing to cause worry. Just follow everyone else and you won't get lost.

Archived