Sabatini

njtwinmom

Are children allowed at Sabatini's? Do you get to select an appetizer, salad, soup, pasta, entree and dessert? The menu looks really good.

Really the only thing you select is our entree. You get to sample a little of everything else. so just be prepared as there is a ton of food. I am not sure if children can be there or not but I would think it would a lot of food for them. Just go hungry.:D

Marilyn

You get a sample of everything but chose your soup, entree and dessert.

Children are welcome here but I will warn you that the dinner takes around 3 hours so it's not exactly fun for them. It's also a much quieter restaurant than the main dining rooms.

I think it would depend on the age of the child and if they like to eat different kinds of things. We had heard this was a 3 hour dinner but when we did it on Diamond we were out in 1 1/2 hours. Food was really good. A sampling of different things and then your entree.

We didn't get to pick anything except the entree when we went 2 weeks ago. We had a party of 5 and when it came time for dessert the waiter just brought one of everything.

We had a lot of fun and the food was delicious.

One of the people in our party ordered an iced tea. They said we have lemon or raspberry. Turns out they brought him a bottle of Snapple.:p

Bill

We did Sabitins on the Golden last month. There were appitzers, several samples, antipasto again several types plus 3 pastas. after all that you can add soup and salad plus the entrees are huge. Following all this is dessert. The meal lasted a little under 2 hours. We didn't see any kids and I can't imagine kids would be all that thrilled about the entire experience. It is very different than even dining in an upscale restaurant. That being said I don't think there is anything that says you can't bring kids.

Nita

Unless the kids are very good eaters, think twice, or ask the maitr'd for kid size portions. I feel that they can stand the lengthy presentation (kinda like snacking on food samples at Costco on Saturdays :D ) but it only works if the kids like to explore different foods and tastes.

Our daughters (15 and 10) are very good eaters but last year they met their match in Sabatini's. They did OK in the perpetual appetizer rounds, but had to retire without eating the main course (because the person who designed the Crown Princess felt it would be a good idea to put a restaurant on the 35th deck where you feel every inch of motion... and got seasick :eek: ) The girls retired to our cabin and the Sabatini's staff brought us their entrees to sample. Best part is they did not charge us for them.

I'd say a good experience for food-aware kids, but ask first. It really makes them experience some really strange appetizers they don't see often at home.

Unless the kids are very good eaters, think twice, or ask the maitr'd for kid size portions. I feel that they can stand the lengthy presentation (kinda like snacking on food samples at Costco on Saturdays :D ) but it only works if the kids like to explore different foods and tastes.

Our daughters (15 and 10) are very good eaters but last year they met their match in Sabatini's. They did OK in the perpetual appetizer rounds, but had to retire without eating the main course (because the person who designed the Crown Princess felt it would be a good idea to put a restaurant on the 35th deck where you feel every inch of motion... and got seasick :eek: ) The girls retired to our cabin and the Sabatini's staff brought us their entrees to sample. Best part is they did not charge us for them.

I'd say a good experience for food-aware kids, but ask first. It really makes them experience some really strange appetizers they don't see often at home.

I think it has a lot to do with, not only food-aware kids but the age of the kids. Yours were certainly old enough, if they have been exposed to different tastes to enjoy themselves and even sit still for the length. My concern is with kids younger than yours, say the toddler to about 8 or so years old.

Nita

Archived