All things OASIS OF THE SEAS (formerly was: All Things Genesis)

mrcruzer

exciting news Emmy..DW and I have been to Antigua on a cruise out of Puerto Rico..I believe we docked at Heritage Quay in St. John's. Very beautiful island, famous for having 365 beaches, one for you to visit every day of the year..I remember the sand beign incredibly hot!!Dickenson Bay was incredible.

So another subject, does anyone know what time today the first finalist will be announced?

BTW Carol I think your signature flamingo is very cool..we have adopted the pink flamingo as our cruise mascot and take at least one with us whenever we are onboard. Currently we are flying a pink flamingo windsock~

exciting news Emmy..DW and I have been to Antigua on a cruise out of Puerto Rico..I believe we docked at Heritage Quay in St. John's. Very beautiful island, famous for having 365 beaches, one for you to visit every day of the year..I remember the sand beign incredibly hot!!Dickenson Bay was incredible.

So another subject, does anyone know what time today the first finalist will be announced?

BTW Carol I think your signature flamingo is very cool..we have adopted the pink flamingo as our cruise mascot and take at least one with us whenever we are onboard. Currently we are flying a pink flamingo windsock~

The cruise we are going on next month we are the Exploring Flamingos so that is where the Flamigo comes in:D The Today Show had Flamingos on this morning:p (as you have guessed by now we have Pink Boas on every cruise we go on)

Carol:)

Michael and others ~ if you have not already read or heard the first finalist name if out..Mosaic of the Seas..congrats to this winner :) I am neutral on this name...

here is the link to the article

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/cruis...=46978102.blog

Michael and others ~ if you have not already read or heard the first finalist name if out..Mosaic of the Seas..congrats to this winner :) I am neutral on this name...

here is the link to the article

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/cruis...=46978102.blog

Thanks Emmy, now I am looking forward to the next 5 names, getting closser to naming the ship so getting closser to booking the ship:D

Carol:)

I agree with Emmy, BOOKBOOKBOOK!

Not sure i like Mosaic of the seas however. :confused:

how about behemoth of the seas? (and land, for that matter);)

When booking Genesis, will we be able to just put down the deposit, or will we have to pay full price right away? I heard this from some people who looked into booking Freedom when it's bookings first opened:confused:

We just took our first RCCL cruise last week and now I'm obsessing over getting on board the Genesis ship. I apologize if this has been asked/answered before. Can anyone tell me when it will start cruising out of Fort Lauderdale or when we can start to book that cruise?

We just took our first RCCL cruise last week and now I'm obsessing over getting on board the Genesis ship. I apologize if this has been asked/answered before. Can anyone tell me when it will start cruising out of Fort Lauderdale or when we can start to book that cruise?

Well ~ The ship is scheduled to start sailing out of FLL around lateOct/Early Nov or fall of 2009.

Bookings for the ship have not opened up yet and I suspect that will not happen until the name of the ship is officially chosen around the end of May.

Some very anxious cruisers here waiting to book:D

I can only imagine how many RCI travel agents must be working on the day when bookings open...:eek:

does anyone remember how much more Freedom bookings were than say...Mariner or voyager sailings, for the time when freedom bookings opened?

On April 15 there will be a press conference in New York at which time RCCL will unveil the first of many marvels to be featured on Project Genesis "the ultimate evolution of innovation in ship design and vacation experience"

Apparently the headline is "When the sky is the limit,anything is possible"

No more details available at the moment.

Thanks to my friend Steve at The Sun for this info :D and see you next month :D

On April 15 there will be a press conference in New York at which time RCCL will unveil the first of many marvels to be featured on Project Genesis "the ultimate evolution of innovation in ship design and vacation experience"

Apparently the headline is "When the sky is the limit,anything is possible"

No more details available at the moment.

Thanks to my friend Steve at The Sun for this info :D and see you next month :D

WOW!! I cant wait!!!! I wounder what will be announced!!

Wow, looking forward to April.

Genesis Details being released April 15

Southwest Airfares, to we can book April 17

RCI releasing Caribbean 09 Sometime April, I heard 22 (i think)

My Birthday April 27

Can't wait to see what Royal Caribbean will release about Genesis!!!

Sky's the limits. So many possibilities. It's like an Apple announcement. They bait you with a little phrase. Everyone spends weeks trying to guess it and finally think they have it for sure. Once they make the announcement though you always end up going "ooh, that makes sense" even though you never even thought of it.

I think it will be Central Park. That secret is so widely known and such a giant part of the ship that it's impossible to even attempt to hide. Something like the crown won't be visible in construction for a while longer. Hopefully they launch a site for the ship. Maybe it will have some more concept art or even a webcam.

What i think is going to happen is RCCL is going to release the central park thing because that will have some cabins over looking it and they will also release pricing for the different cabins! And for the sky's the limit maybe they will have like whats at the Stratosphere in Las Vegas (rides at the top) above the crown and anchor club.

amazingride02.jpg

stratosphere.jpg

What i think is going to happen is RCCL is going to release the central park thing because that will have some cabins over looking it and they will also release pricing for the different cabins! And for the sky's the limit maybe they will have like whats at the Stratosphere in Las Vegas (rides at the top) above the crown and anchor club.

amazingride02.jpg

stratosphere.jpg

One can only hope:D

Archived