All things OASIS OF THE SEAS (formerly was: All Things Genesis)

mrcruzer

If you look on the recent Solstice images you'll notice a new feature many have wanted for Genesis. No, not the grass, below that. The buffet appears to lack an outside wall in the back and extends right out beyond the upper deck. I'm not sure how that will handle storms since there isn't any form of barrier but it's a good sign of things to come on Genesis.

web.jpg.c3348c4a45dc0695e29069938a8687b3.jpg

wow Emmy you have an amazing memory!!

Puff Daddy..lol he was pretty cool guy.. can't wait to get back to St. John as well..the whole Eastern chain of islands are very beautiful.

Emmy did I tell you we got rid of Dooney and Burke? They were way too difficult to pack..so we left them on the Grand Princess aft balcony for the next lucky cruisers to enjoy..we replaced them with a big pink flamingo wind sock..lost the first one we had on the first night on the Emerald Princess..this time I will put it up with a metal snap rather than a knot.

Oh wow, what a great picture!

Must be the forward centrum & promenade.

(Just a note, I don't believe we're allowed to post pictures directly-I think just posting a link to the photo is allowed)

MC.

We should start to hear the weekly winners for name that ship..

Pink Boa of the Seas:eek:

Very cute Michael... one can dream:D

The weekly finalists will begin to be announced on March 14.

here is the info from the website

Check back here at the Cruise Log starting on March 14 as we announce one Finalist a week. Once all six Finalists have been announced, USA TODAY readers will have the opportunity to vote on their favorite of the six, as a Readers' Choice. The Grand Prize winner will be announced on or before May 31.

So we will all get to vote...hope one of the finalists has lots of relatives and friends:D:D

the promanade will be open from the 5th floor all the way to the top of the ship. If it rains outside it will rain in the promanade deck.

I have to admit, as frustrating as it may be (at times) the speculating and guessing is half the fun!

I think those canopies might be a fun idea. It'd be a blast booking one with a small group, be like having your own reserved chairs, no matter what. I was just curious to see if anyone thought of what those cylinders also could be.

Good point, I hadn't even noticed there wasn't a pronounced promenade deck-I just presumed it was there.

Speaking of reflections, it looks like there could possibly be a pool in the forward top areas above the bridge, as it looks like a pool reflecting in the glass around there.

As we could already predict, in the reflection you mentioned Tyron, I see green. I'm guessing grass will make it's way to Genesis just as it did on Solstice.

MC

I hope this thread doesn't die! It's my favourite one to check!

I wish some new Genesis Info would come out....

It'd be great if they released little tidbits with every weekly contest winner for the naming contest...

Oh wow, what a great picture!

Must be the forward centrum & promenade.

(Just a note, I don't believe we're allowed to post pictures directly-I think just posting a link to the photo is allowed)

MC.

I think you can post the pic but it has to be accompanied with a link to the pic source.

That thought never left my mind..we will get a suite and invite the SO's..

Yes a suite cause you know how many shoes Sheryl and I will have:)

We will not let the thread die... yes some more info would be great and next up I think will be a first finalist potential name for the ship which should be announced tomorrow...

Oh, a lazy river (for adults!) would be most awesome! And a bowling alley would be fun, too.

How about a roller-blading rink or "trail"? I would LOVE that, personally.

OH! I KNOW! They could have snow-making machines and offer downhill skiing! NOW WOULDN'T THAT be a first! ;) :) :D

Interesting story about a potential port for Genesis class ship... very interesting:)

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=2450

Oh, Id love to visit Antigua. I'm glad it's not a usual port such as San Juan or St Thomas (although i wouldn't rule them out for possible ports on the itinerary).

Do we have any idea as to what the speed of the vessel will be? About average?

Archived