All things OASIS OF THE SEAS (formerly was: All Things Genesis)

mrcruzer

Royal Caribbean have called a press conference in New York for Tuesday April 15 at which they will "unveil the first of many marvels" to be featured on Project Genesis - "the ultimate evolution of innovation in ship design and vacation experience".

That's all the detail there is. Perhaps there's a clue in their headline: "When the sky is the limit, anything is possible"?

Anyone scared that Titanic sank on that date - an omen perhaps :eek: :D :eek:

I can't wait. I have marked my calender. I hope someone here will post the news.

I am sure we must have some Press folks here who will give us all the news as soon as possible.:D I have my calendar marked also and told my boss..."dont book me any work for 15th April as I will need to call in sick if you do" ;)

Royal Caribbean have called a press conference in New York for Tuesday April 15 at which they will "unveil the first of many marvels" to be featured on Project Genesis - "the ultimate evolution of innovation in ship design and vacation experience".

That's all the detail there is. Perhaps there's a clue in their headline: "When the sky is the limit, anything is possible"?

Anyone scared that Titanic sank on that date - an omen perhaps :eek: :D :eek:

The Titanic sank on April 12 that is the day we sail for Southampton, England next year and the Port that the Titanic left from before she sank:eek: :D

Carol:)

The Titanic sank on April 12 that is the day we sail for Southampton, England next year and the Port that the Titanic left from before she sank:eek: :D

are you sure as I have it that the alarm was raised 11:40pm on the 14th and sank nearly 3 hours later on the 15th? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Titanic

Perhaps that means youre safe :D

are you sure as I have it that the alarm was raised 11:40pm on the 14th and sank nearly 3 hours later on the 15th? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Titanic

Your right she hit on the 14th and sunk on the 15th. I usually think of the 14th as the day she sunk though since that's when the sailing ended.

I am sorry you are right:o It was 1912 when it happened and that is where the 12 comes in, I don't know what I was thinking of as My birthday is the 13th and I know the date of the sinking of the Titanic:o :o :o

OH WOW I WAS BOUNCING OFF THE WALLS when I saw that!

It has GOT to be something dealing with the top decks?

lets brainstorm!

I'm thinking it must be big reveal...but will focus on hinting at what they might reveal later in the construction

cruiserbryce: im pretty sure that anything regarding Genesis will be kept for separate dates. I believe May or june will be likely dates for release of itinerary information.

will they really wait to release Genesis itin and bookings until may and not release with the rest of the Carib bookings in

April?

Yes I think so ... bookings for Caribbean will open as scheduled in April and Genesis will open later....

Need a deck plan to do a booking.. Freedom's deck plans were not released until a few days prior to the booking opening.

Of course, Cruise Critic will be on hand to cover the Genesis announcement and will post the news a.s.a.p. so keep an eye out on our home page that day. Or go to http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/.

Best regards,

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

I can't wait. I have marked my calender. I hope someone here will post the news.

hello cruisers~

looking forward to seeing the deckplan as well..

Hey Emmy!!!

They going to have a good aft deck for us??

Does RCL have the same design as Princess where the aft is straight down so you get the true aft experience of looking out over nothing but water,,and down into the wake??

DW asked me how are they going to ge tthat many passengers on and off in a reasonable amount of time..my answer..."define reasonable":eek:

How can I start a Friday countdown without a sailaway date???

hello cruisers~

looking forward to seeing the deckplan as well..

Hey Emmy!!!

They going to have a good aft deck for us??

Does RCL have the same design as Princess where the aft is straight down so you get the true aft experience of looking out over nothing but water,,and down into the wake??

DW asked me how are they going to ge tthat many passengers on and off in a reasonable amount of time..my answer..."define reasonable":eek:

How can I start a Friday countdown without a sailaway date???

Lets pretend we have a date:D lets say Oct 25th or Oct 26th 2009, I have my reason for this date;) so now we can start a Friday countdown:cool:

Hi all, I am catching up on all the news, Phil and I are so eager to go on this ship.

Phil hopes there is more than one flowrider so he can ride all day!:eek:

Barbara, You will have to get Phil to take Bob by the hand and make him go on the flowrider because he keeps saying he is going to do it and we have been on Freedom twice and he still has not done it yet:D See you in a few weeks for pizza:)

Barbara, You will have to get Phil to take Bob by the hand and make him go on the flowrider because he keeps saying he is going to do it and we have been on Freedom twice and he still has not done it yet:D See you in a few weeks for pizza:)

Carol, No problem! In fact if I even managed to try it once, I am sure we can get Bob to try. Yes I am looking forward to our meeting, my new Palm centro has the date loaded:D

This is a great thread, it finally got me to post rather than just read this forum. Here are some thougths to keep things going.

There have been a few ideas floated about different dining venues that might find there way to the Genesis Project. So besides the main dinning room, the Windjammer, Chops Grille and Portifino's, I would guess there will be a Johnny Rocket's, and a Sorrento's Pizza which they seem to be adding to all the current ships. Plus the Ben & Jerry's and the Seattle's Best, those are probably pretty obvious. So if I were to guess, The Voyager Class ships have the Vintages Wine Bar and the Pub, why not the first micro-brew pub at sea for Genesis?

Another additon I would hope to see on the Geneisis would be the Thermal Suite like they added to the Radiance Class ships.

Also what does everyone think of the potential names posted so far on the USA Today name the ship contest? Friday 04/04 they are supposed to release 2 more. So you don't have to go look them up this is what they have posted so far.......

Mosaic of the Seas / Coronation of the Seas

Oasis of the Seas / Allure of the Seas

Allure of the Seas / Utopia of the Seas

Personally none of them seem all that great, but what do I know!

I have been looking at the construction photos posted so far and following the discussion on this board, about the promenade deck "missing" from around the life boats. It was pointed out that it doesn't show up on the drawing released, and if you look at the most recent construction pictures, you can see the struture where the life boats will be mounted and it appears to "hang" below the balconies on the beck above. Also on the drawing there appears to be "bulkheads" coming out of the ship between the lifeboats. Those bulkheads seem to be coming out of the side of the ship. My guess is they have decided to do away with an external promenade deck on this ship. This might have to do with the size of the life boat. Since these lifeboats will be much larger than previous models, I am sure they had to come up with a safe and efficient way of boarding and deploying them. To put it in perspecitve the life boats are rumored to hold 300-350 people per boat, so that is equivalent to the passenger load on the Boeing 777!

Hopefully this will keep this thread going for a while, we still have a ways to go! Let's hope we learn something interesting at the press conference on the 15th.

Archived