Cruise Documents - All Electronic as of February 1st

TwinMom7

That's weird, because our Carnival Group Rep told me in January that all documents for every cruiser would be mailed to me - the group leader. Now today, the same rep (who I've dealt with for over a year) is telling me that NOTHING will be mailed - everyone will have to print their own documents. Seems strange that if this was the way things were last summer, I would have been told that in January.

Patty--yep that was last summer- Groups are so different from the person booking one cabin at a time.

I find that groups are upgraded first.. and IF everything /everyone in the group is paid and EVERYthing is in order you get your documents. We were not able to print out our documents until about 30 days before the cruise. Only coz we found that if someone is under 21 and the other people in the cabin is NOT 25 that person can not be booked. What a mess this was.

I also went online to print my documents (I'm part of a group) and after going through the process, it wouldn't let me print my FunPass. It said, "Booking on Hold. Contact a Carnival representatiave or your travel agent." I thought that there must be a major problem. I called Carnival and the person who answered said, "It must be something your travel agent did."

Because we were once a part of a travel agent embezzlement disaster, I feared the worst. (A travel agent took everyone's money but never booked our group of over 100 people for a cruise. About a week before the cruise, she even went so far as to have a "get together" to give information to everyone regarding the cruise. Someone happened to call the cruiseline with a question and found that there was no such group booked. It wasn't just us. Others had booked things individually as well and she stole their money too. This was an agent who worked at a supposedly reputable agency who'd been in business for over ten years. They were not liable.) So you can see why I panicked this time. Anyway, I immediately called the travel agent and she got on another line and called Carnival. They told her that we cannot print out our docs until 30 days before our cruise. (Apparently all Carnival agents aren't well informed.) Must be different for groups if others are able to print before that. "?"

Alot of agencies are switching to E-Docs from Carnival. Most agencies were given a choice, and economically, it is a better option. I as the travel agent could access/print documents for anyone in my last group that did not have access to print them. I did have to do that for some one and would do it for any customer.

The upside to this is, I made a reservation for our family for a cruise the end of March, in January. We paid in full right away and within minutes, I had my documents and would have been able to print them.

It made the group of 19 cabins alot easier. But... I can understadn the hesistancy for some people.

I just got docs in the mail for clients. So, they are still going out - for now.

I have been told by Carnival that soon they will go only with e-docs. When ~ who knows.

Also, groups still have a choice. So, its not just a group thing.

To add to this:

I had a client who booked 2 cabins and asked for paper docs. I put this into the Carnival site. WEll, the other day I got paper docs for one cabin. The other went through as e-docs. :( Not a biggie. Just not what I had requested.

Our group is sailing a week before you and we are being told that NO PAPER DOCUMENTS will be mailed. We were instructed today to notify all members of our group that they will have to print their documents.

You're sailing a week after us and you've received your documents?? When I called today, we were told that our tickets hadn't been released yet and will be on March 7th. At that point, we can go online and print. Everyone in our group was paid in full on January 25th - not sure why we've had these problems.

We are 10 friends scattered around..not a formal group. Some used a TA. The one who got their docs 2 days ago originally booked on-line as did I. I booked 2 weeks sooner, same IS guarantee, same price....I have no mailed docs. I wasn't even looking for any 'til 30 days out. Those with balcony guarantees have had their cabins assigned for 2 weeks now.

It just seems to jump around. It's like KENO...you just don't know what ball is gonna pop up next. I wouldn't worry at all. Have a great time on your cruise!:)

Our group is sailing a week before you and we are being told that NO PAPER DOCUMENTS will be mailed. We were instructed today to notify all members of our group that they will have to print their documents.

You're sailing a week after us and you've received your documents?? When I called today, we were told that our tickets hadn't been released yet and will be on March 7th. At that point, we can go online and print. Everyone in our group was paid in full on January 25th - not sure why we've had these problems.

Uh oh..just noticed where you are. You know any Lewandowski's up there. (I realize this is a stupid question considering the area.)

I chose edocs for myself and DH, but hadn't filled out the Fun Pass for my son and nephew (was waiting on passport info for nephew). Was going to choose edocs for them also, but when I went in to fill out Fun Pass about 30-35 days before cruise, it had already defaulted to paper docs and I wasn't given a choice of edocs. I filled out the Fun Pass and was able to access their documents and print them online anyway. But, when I go to their booking #, it says "guests will receive paper documents in the mail".

People on our Roll Call have gotten their paper docs this week, but so far my son's haven't arrived. I'm not worried about it, because I have already printed out their docs and luggage tags. Just seems weird.

Booked a June 08 cruise on the Triumph for my daughter last week. Since full payment was made, the cruise details were displayed on the Carnival website. She was not given the choice of paper or edocs. The site indicated that only edocs were available.

After reading this thread I got a bit upset thinking I would not be getting that wonderful package in the mail next month so last evening I called Carnival to ask about it myself. The woman I spoke with said she had never heard of such a thing as stopping paper and even put me on hold to check with customer service. When she came back online she told me not to worry that my docos would be coming in the mail just as I had requested. PHEW!!!!!

Archived