Dreaded Vent On Golden

parisbully

There has been much discussion about the vent smell and noise on the aft suites. I have just spent several hours doing a search and reading all posts. Can't seem to find much about the Golden. I am thinking about changing from a "beam" suite to C748 or C749 on the Golden. Is there a noise or smell on the Golden? I know there is on the CP and the Crown. Help please...

There has been much discussion about the vent smell and noise on the aft suites. I have just spent several hours doing a search and reading all posts. Can't seem to find much about the Golden. I am thinking about changing from a "beam" suite to C748 or C749 on the Golden. Is there a noise or smell on the Golden? I know there is on the CP and the Crown. Help please...

We had this vent on our aft suite on Emerald, and it really isn't that bad. After a couple days I hardly heard it, just seemed to blend in with the wake.

Jan

I did a lot of research and started a thread entitled Dreaded Vent or Dreaded Beam and tried to aggregate all the information. For some reason that thread seems to have disappeared, not sure why.

I can't recall specifically about the Golden, but read enough about the issue generally that I opted for the dreaded beam on the CP. I can live with a beam (especially knowing about it ahead of time). I could envision really having trouble with noise/odor from a vent.

• 4 years later...

We just got back from a wonderful Alaska cruise on the Golden Princess. We had suite C748 next to the "dreaded vent." There was NO problem, and there was NO smell. You never heard the vent while at sea because of the wake sound. In ports it was softer than a home fan on low, or your own home heating a/c. To tell you the truth I listened for it because of these "dreaded vent" posts, and then completely forgot about it and never heard it again. Those suites C748 and C749 on the Golden are amazing, with panoramic views of the wake. I did lean over and look at C750 and agree that the beam is an inconvenience and takes up deck space, you would have to move around it, and it blocks views from the room it is in front of. I don't know about the other Princess ships with the supposed "vent problem," but there is no vent problem on the Golden, rest assured. You will be fortunate if you can grab either C748 or C749.

I've followed the 'dreaded vent' and 'dreaded beam' posts for some time. I decided on the Vista Suite because the balcony wraps around and the view is better. The beam was a non-issue. Here is my picture of the 'dreaded' beam. This is D736 on the Grand.

UBD.jpg.4ad9b9375d8432171ded6206d444eb02.jpg

Archived