Help me get excited about my cruise.....

Cotton

First of all, I KNOW this is my own fault.:rolleyes:

OK - I have always selected the cabin I wanted and booked it, usually 1A w/porthole. For this upcoming cruise on the Sensation, I booked a 1A gty. I did that only because of reading about so many folks on this board getting upgrades, and I was really, really hoping for an OV cabin.

Again - I KNOW you should book what you'll be satisfied with in case of no upgrade, so don't remind me. I just made a mistake.

Well, I did the wrong thing, and now I'm not happy. I don't even want to go on this cruise. I called my PVP several days ago to see about the cancellation fee - :o - half the total amount, which is what I figured, and being a solo cruiser, that's not chump change. SO, obviously, I'll still be going on the cruise.

She did some checking, found that all OVs are already booked, and only one porthole cabin left. I'm usually pretty optimistic, but I somehow know that porthole cabin won't be assigned to me.

Silly Cotton. Having a little pity-party today. Maybe I just needed to vent my frustration. I know one thing for sure - I'll always select my cabin in the future. Thx for letting me cry on your shoulders.;)

Ok Cotton!!!

Consider this a return favor for all the help, advice, etc you have brought to all of us!!!! :):):):):)

It does not matter what cabin you are on!!!! You are on a cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would sleep in the engine room if that was the only cabin left, and I am not kidding you! You just might be surprised as the sailing grows closer and closer that you get upgraded, but so what if you don't, you get to go on another cruise and I have to wait until next September.........

Look at it this way, you have less reason to retire to your room now. Enjoy the Sensation to the max and who gives a crud about the room :D And, you probably got a deent price booking a 1a Gty....so theres something else to be excited about!

Snap out of it!! <swat>

You're aware of the problem and you won't repeat the error. You will lose a LOT of money if you cancel, so that isn't an option. You MUST go on this cruise. Although your chances may be minimal for an upgrade...things DO happen. Someone may cancel, no show, or whatever and you may find yourself in a cabin that suits you better. If not...you'll at least be able to report to us that the cabin was sucky so that we won't make the same error.

As Abe said, "A person is about as happy as they DECIDE to be."...so DECIDE to be happy on this cruise...and then come back and let us know that it wasn't as bad as you thought it might be!!

Hey, you survived Ivan...you can survive this, too.

I recently returned from the Legend and I was very disappointed with my cabin. I did book the cabin I wanted and paid alot for it. The vibration kept me up for the entire cruise. I had an extended balcony that everyone above me was able to look down on me and when it rained there was no overhang to protect me.

My cruise...... THE BEST EVER! Although I lacked sleep, I made it up at the beach or pool.

Enjoy your cruise. I would take your place in a second.

Cotton,If you cannot get motivated for the cruise, I'll gladly take the cabin off your hands. :D
Tef, send moola, the cruise is yours!:rolleyes:

THX, everybody. I know it'll be ok.:o Some of the replies made me laugh, thx. It's just that I love waking up and having my coffee in the cabin, while looking at the water. Also having a glass of wine and looking at the moonlight on the water just before going to sleep. (And actually, I DO spend time in the cabin. I can take just so much of crowds and noise, it's my little haven off and on during the day.) Kicking heels three times - it WILL be ok.

I had read all these threads about how the "upgrade fairy" had done amazing things for soooo many cruisers and thought, hey why not me! Well, the precious little upgrade fairy apparently is really PO'd at me. We booked an inside guarantee about 7 months prior to sailing.......paid in full (thinking that would help)....well, did the ole book/modify trick and found out that we are in a 4a cabin.....close to the front of the ship on the rivieria deck.......wow! Are we lucky or what! My husband's sister booked a 1a gty and she got a 1a cabin. My sister and her husband booked an ov gty and their cabin has not been posted yet. Maybe that's a good sign for them. Oh, this on the Holiday (the cruise your son was suppose to be on)....

We booked an inside cabin (specific cabin) through another online TA for a cruise we took this past May on the Jubilee and about a month after we booked the TA called and had gotten us an upgrade to an ov. Do you think that different TA's get first dibs on upgrades? Well, it's hard to figure but I'm not sure I'll ever book a gty again.

Anyway, enough about that......

From everything I've read from you I have NO doubt that you will go, have a great time, meet new friends, relax, eat good food! And all of that is the first day! Only to be topped by more of the same the next day! Oh, and you just might find that restaurant you've been searching for......I do hope you get excited........

Poor cotton: I know how ya feel but that feeling will pass in a matter of days.

I took a gaurantee oceanview for the first time for the saem exact reasons as you. Thought because I book early and paid it off early my chances were real good. HA- no one tells you that the people who paid more get to get upgraded before you. I booked the Legend--which only has 1 deck of oceanview cabins. I got what I paid for. After a few days I see the cabin is in a great spot and started thinking of the possitive-- there are quiet little nooks and crannies on the Sensation- by the Purses desk go out one of those doors. it takes you to the outside decks- there were lounge chairs and no people. Simply the best. (dont tell anyone of that area either.

also- up on the lido deck all the way forward is a section that has lounge chairs inside a glass enclouser. The glass walls allow you to see out. its opened at the top so you can hear the ocean. Have fun Cotton. And I dont plan on doing any more gauarantees what about you??

Luvwater,

You are really making me concerned about my aft extended balcony cabin. If there is a chance that I will not be able to get to sleep at night that is a big problem. I am booked in cabin 4241- just above the dining room. I have just made final payment, but am now considering calling and changing my booking to an 8C guarantee. What do you think? Can I still do this? My ship is filling up fast- what are my chances I will get an upgrade? A cabin on Lido deck or higher would be nice.

Heather

Please do not change because of me. Our cruise was unique. We had two medical situations and traveling between two hurricanes. I will not lie to you it is not silent. I was in 6331.

It truely was my best cruise ever! The view makes up for it. I will continue to book an aft cabin. I am not sure if cabins on the 4th are different regarding the extended balcony. Please let me know.

You too..... I would take your cabin in a second. Enjoy your cruise. I have a some pictures of balcony. I will send to you if you want.

Cotton,

This didn't sound like you. I always think of things like this as a learning ecperience. LOL, I learn a lot at work like this! I say "I won't do that agian".

Go enjoy your cruise. as I know you will and I can't wait to read your review they always cheer me up. Are you going snorkeling this cruise? What ports are you going to? Try to get excited about something else then the room and you still might get surprised! You never know.

To anyone that's been on the Legend I would love to get some hits about nice quiet locations for this ship. Hit,hit, hit!

Luvwater,

You are really making me concerned about my aft extended balcony cabin. If there is a chance that I will not be able to get to sleep at night that is a big problem. I am booked in cabin 4241- just above the dining room. I have just made final payment, but am now considering calling and changing my booking to an 8C guarantee. What do you think? Can I still do this? My ship is filling up fast- what are my chances I will get an upgrade? A cabin on Lido deck or higher would be nice.

Heather

Heather--- Do NOT change cabins. You have an awesome cabin. Its over the dining room-which is closed during normal sleeping hours. We had an aft on the Victory on top of a lounge-never heard a thing. I have sailed on the aft 3 times now. I wont sail any way except in the aft. I did not feel motion that wasnt going on anywhere else on the ship- I didnt have a soot problem. (although someone else did) The balcony and the view is more then worth it. Yes, people can look down on you. http://community.webshots.com/photo/93847874/93853128svWgyq

but if you know it shouldnt come as a shock to you.

Whats even greater about your cabin is its the deck closest to the water so you even get to hear the wake as was go.

Wendy I would love to see your balcony. I guess its on the other side of what we booked. 6262

Cotton, we almost booked a guarantee on our last cruise, but I just couldn't stand the not knowing. You gave it a try and it didn't work out. You've learned your lesson as to what suits you best. Now remember one thing:

You're going cruising and all the rest is trifles! :D

Okay, you guys are making me feel better now. I really am not very picky, and can't wait for the view, but getting sleep at night is a must! And I'd hate to cancel my stern balcony when they are now all booked up.

Two and a half months to go now. I can do this...

I had no success in uploading the file. Maybe someone can help me at work on Friday. Stay up late, have a great time and sleep will not be a problem. Everyone is different and this may be the best cabin you ever had. I loved the Legend and hopefully, I can book your cabin on the next trip!

Have a great trip!

Hey Cotton,

Gotta tell ya, I always booked a gty cabin and probably always will. Never been sad and heck didn't know anything about upgrades so I guess ignorance was bliss. Now that I'm all educated I still book gty cabins.

I didn't realize on my first cruise that we were right around the corner from the kitchen and could hear things being banged around. Heck we thought it was normal. Of course I've slept in the cabin of a hurricane hunter so I sleep well.

I tell my wife it's because of a good clean conscious. She says that's because of no conscious at all!!!:rolleyes: What does she know.:p

I know what's wrong with you, you're getting the pre cruise depression blabs. Just think of all of us poor souls dying to go on a curise now. Anyway you know the saying down in this part of the country, "Hang in like a hair in a bisquit!!! :eek:

Cotton, don't be depressed. You're never in the cabin anyway. You'll have a great time! I always book an inside because I always travel in the summer with a friend, and it's more expensive. (This past summer, however, I went with my mother and she wanted a suite. This was her first cruise and she went all out.) I also traveled in March by myself and also booked an inside. I will continue to book inside cabins because I rather take more cruises. It's not that bad.

Cotton, I'll be sailing the same time you are, with family and friends .

I book a gty OV cabin . I found our cabins a coulple of weeks ago.

I would have liked to had a suite and drop twenty more pounds. Oh what the heck I'm going to be cruising . Last year on the Holiday, I would get up early and go to the Lido deck get my coffee and sit on the side put my feet up and enjoy. OV can't beat that. I hope the Sensation will have a spot for me. See ya 11/1/2004 Chryl

ps have you got your Doc's yet?

We usually book suites but on our upcoming Carnival Legend cruise we booked an Obstructed balconey (7A). Business has been BAD and the only thing that helps is a cruise. Not for the business but for our sanity. With business so poor we couldn't afford a suite.

My point is, even though we aren't going to have all the frills we enjoy, we are going to have the best cruise we have ever had and the next one will be even better and the one after that will be even better.

I hope the same is true for you.

First of all Cotton, I just have to say that I am soooo glad you got through that hurricane okay.:) I was very worried about you and hoping that you evacuated before the storm hit. I was quite relieved to hear that you and your home were just fine.

As for your cabin, I wouldn't give up on hoping for an upgrade. I've heard of sailings that were sold out on OV's suddenly having more. I think some people with OV's get to thinking about it and decide to pay extra for a balcony or something even nicer. I hear people here at CC talk about changing cabins all the time. So why can't someone on your cruise change their mind about their OV and upgrade? So there may be a few OV's opening up, you never know. Plus, for some reason, there are always a few cancellations too. I think people are a little jittery about the terrrible hurricane season we are having. Anyway, have hope, it's not over yet!:D

We book insides all of the time and enjoy them. Just bring along some of your favorite music and a good book. You'll enjoy your cabin and relax regardless of whether or not you have a view to look at.:)

Archived