Help me get excited about my cruise.....

Cotton

Cotton, you were one of my "original" friends on the boards when I joined. You were always so upbeat and positive and you taught me so much!!! I am sorry you don't have the upgrade you want, but we all know it is a gamble. NUMBER ONE POINT, you are going to be on a cruise!! You will spend little time in your cabin and you are saving money for either your S&S or another cruise!!!!!! You KNOW you are going to have a great time!!!!!!!! I hate to see you so blah about your cruise, never thought that would happen!!!! Girl, you KNOW you are going to have a great time!!!! Your room will be there for you to sleep!!! What more do you need??/ Have a great time, I know you will!!!!!!!!!

Allright Cotton,

It's time for you to get with it.:mad: Everyone on this thread demands it.:) I've seen your emails to everyone else and have had a few with you myself. So it's time to drop this gloom and get with it!:D Otherwise we may just show up at your house and have a 'get well' party for you at your expense!:eek:

Promise??? Since we're both from N.O., we know that's just as good a reason as any to throw a fais-do-do! :D Can you bring a zydeco?

OK, in all seriousness, I've read everybody's kind remarks, which I appreciate more than y'all know.....and yes, I know I'll have a good time once I get going on the cruise. I always do. Maybe I'm just getting a little down and slightly grumpy in my 'old age'.... Thx again, friends.:)

What a great idea about the zydeco music. Think I could send a tape to the folks that handle the public address system and have them install it as background music when first boarding the ship.

It's pretty close to raggae music anyway. I guarantee you that it would get you in the right frame of mind to cruise.

Yep, Judy, and I may be grumpier. Just got my docs today (first time I've ever announced that):rolleyes: and the ugly gray tags are enclosed. And...if the 'new method' of depicting cabin numbers is correct, I'm stuck in a teeny tiny widdie bitty cabin - R50 - couldn't be smaller. I'll suffocate!

Oh well.....................It'll be ok.:) :confused: :o

Cotton, getting your docs is reason to celebrate! Start doing a little two step to some of that Cajun music and that should put you in a better mood! And I think LSUtraveler has it right, you're just going through the down time that seems to hit all of us before a cruise. :) So come on and get happy!

. For this upcoming cruise on the Sensation,

Looks like it's your first time on a Fantasy class ship. You'll be out exploring anyway, mostly trying to compare it to the Holiday.

Try finding a special place as an extension of your room. Best place on these ships is right out back of the Lido restaurant. Usually pretty quiet, and even if you have to share, it's small and quaint.

I used to use it as my hiding space till i started cruising with a balcony.

You bought cheap, you got cheap.

Although I appreciate your input, I have to ask: Have you ever cruised solo and paid 150% or more rate? I don't call that cheap.:rolleyes:

Yes I have........perhaps "least expensive" is a better term......I was not calling you cheap in any way, only a reference to the booking......enjoy your cruise and remember how fortunate you are to be there:)......some will never be that fortunate

.........I'm beginning to believe I have "cruise burnout" - not a good thing. I think this will be my last cruise for a long time.

Hstry & Pete - Thx. You're right - different ship, different things to do.:)

db - You're also right about being fortunate to be on a cruise.:)

Cotton: I dont think you have cruise burnout...I think you have a great deal of anxiety since it isnt the Holiday and you are not knowing what to expect.

I thought it would pass by now and you would get back a little more excitment about cruising.

Wont be long now.

Cotton my first cruise on Inspiratuion I was in cabin R-60 and we thought it was great! It was two of us in there and I had to climb in the top bunk bed!

I love the Fantasy class ships and I'm sure just the excitment of beimng on a different ship will make up for the cabin. I also agree with another poster about the area on the Fantasy class ships out pass the pizza place. My Mother and I spendt many hours there and met lots of friends too. I posted about this special spot for us in my review. I hope I find somewhere like this on the Legend, we never found a spot like this on our last RCCL cruise and we missed it! LOL

You will have a great cruise on a different ship and I for one can't wait to read all about your adventure!

Cotton,

The last time I cruised with someone, we cruised the ELATION (same class) and got the "inside of an inside cabin". I was expecting the worse, but we both agreed the cabin seemed larger than the normal inside cabin. Cruising solo, you will be overwhelmed with the space you have.

Scads of room. Great room layout I thought.

But, if it'll make you feel any better, I'll take the top bunk. :D

As much as y'all are trying (THANK YOU!), I'm just so bummed out about the teeny little cabin. I obviously can't seem to let that go.:rolleyes: Gary and Judy - are sure about the inside/inside type cabin? I mean, from looking at the diagram of the Sensation, R50 looks the size of a broom closet (!) as compared to the other insides.

Serene, no, really, I was looking forward to something different from the Holiday, as it's been a lonnnng time since I've been on any ship other than her, and I love exploring new places (ships). It's the cabin, that's all.

Gary and Jan, can't y'all just see all three of us in that shoe box?:D

OK, I'm off to the kitchen now - to drown my sorrows in a heavily soaked rum cake and a coupla foofoo drinkies. :D :D :D Thx again, y'all.

As much as y'all are trying (THANK YOU!), I'm just so bummed out about the teeny little cabin. I obviously can't seem to let that go.:rolleyes: Gary and Judy - are sure about the inside/inside type cabin? I mean, from looking at the diagram of the Sensation, R50 looks the size of a broom closet (!) as compared to the other insides.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOH MYYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD,

I'm looking at the deck schematic now.....that actually is a

BROOM CLOSET ! ! :D A whole row of them ! ! :D But your near the elevators. :) I cruised in U171 on the Elation which I'm sure is the same on the Sensation. However, U171 does "appear" to be a little larger. :rolleyes: I still think you'll have more than enough room (especially if you're used to an inside cabin, as I am).

Look at it this way: Your expectation of having a great cruise will be so low, that the Sensation will easily EXCEED your expectations and it'll be the BEST CRUISE EVER.

I do sincerely think you'll love the layout of the Fantasy-class ships (was my favorite until the PRIDE) and you'll have a great time. Because you are a "trooper". Barring that, drink a lot of foo foo drinks. LOL

how do you know one of the OVs won't be cancelled?

or if you were in an OV room and the people

next to you were obnoxious?

I have been in nice big cabins and had kids

next door bouncing balls against the walls.

and how do you know if you stay in your 1a room

that you won't meet the most incredible

(stewards, nearby cabinmates, etc???)

there have been times when I stayed

"down below" and had a great time.

and also when I was upgraded

I was lonely and bored or

couldn't sleep because of people

screaming and running in the halls all night.

some of my best cruises were when

I stayed in 1a.

it depends on what the situation is

and what YOU make of it, as always....

good grief- when you stay in a hotel,

you don't know what's going to happen...

this is travel and there is some adventure involved-

we all pay our fare and may have different

ideas on "civilized" behavior-

it's been a little over a week since your initial post on this thread & i hope that's been enough time for you to begin to get psyched about your trip! i'm new to these boards & am only going on my 2nd cruise in dec 04 but MAN -- there's absolutely no better vacation in the world, am i right? i truly believe that all things happen for a reason. so, you've learned how best to make a reservation for yourself. still, you are gonna have an AMAZING trip & i wish my trip were so soon that i was doin' the "doc dance!"

tenga un buen viaje! (have a GREAT trip!)

Cotton don't let the room bum you out. You were so much help to me when I was nervous about going on the Holiday with my youngest daughter. You made the whole cruise telling me where to stay and how to get that room at the hotel cheap. I was really disapointed in the room I had gotten on the ship.

Just scope out a place on the aft Lido deck. Make that your balc. room:) That is what I did on the Paradise, sister ship. I got a coffee on my way thru to "my" room with a book. Would get some Ice cream and go back to "my" room. Even did some needle work out on my Balc. I litterally only sleeped and changed in my room.

Oh, and make friend with people with "big" ov or suits and hang out with them some:) When I did have a Balc. everyone was always in my room.

I know you will have a great time.

Archived