New Process: dining room lunch during embarkation?

caribcruiser787

In their announcement regarding the new disembarkation process, Princess' web site says: "Arriving passengers can also enjoy a full dining room lunch in addition to the ship's Horizon Court buffet."

Has anyone seen this actually offered yet?

Here's a link to the announcement:

http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na932

I've been on several Princess ships over the years when the dining room has been open for lunch for embarking passengers.

It seemed to be a "hit or miss" thing, and when they were open, it was not heavily advertised - we just happened upon the opening dining room while exploring after embarking.

In their announcement regarding the new disembarkation process, Princess' web site says: "Arriving passengers can also enjoy a full dining room lunch in addition to the ship's Horizon Court buffet."

I just read your link and did not see this - can you elaborate??

Ron

"The new disembarkation process complements Princess' innovative early embarkation program, which makes staterooms available to passengers immediately upon boarding. Arriving passengers can also enjoy a full dining room lunch in addition to the ship's Horizon Court buffet."

This is in the last paragraph before the contact information.

This might be a bit more relaxing than the throng in the buffet.

I hope the dining room being available on embarcation becomes standard practice. We stumbled upon it once on a 1 night cruise and loved the non-rush and quiet lunch instead of the very busy, loud and hot Horizon court as everyone is trying to scramble for a seat. We couldn't believe how there was very little passengers in the dining room as wait staff was waiting for new lunch guests. On our next cruise, we had our family and friends follow us to the dining room while raving about this wonderful experience only to find the dining room not available to us. They were open but only to passengers that were doing a back to back cruise.

We cruise again in May, we'll keep our fingers crossed and head to the dining room once again with high hopes.

I hope this means that lunch in the dinning room will be consistently available the first day. It would certainly help with the tangly mess of people that cram themselves into the Horizon Court on embarkation day.

I hope this means that lunch in the dinning room will be consistently available the first day. It would certainly help with the tangly mess of people that cram themselves into the Horizon Court on embarkation day.

We decided to try lunch in the diningroom for the forst time on our last cruise on Emerald. We were seated with 3 older women that did NOTHING but complain:eek: ! We tried & tried to change the subject, but this just reminded them of another complaint. Here we were thrilled with everything. We couldn't get away from them fast enough & were just happy they were not at our dinner table every night LOL.

Jan

Thanks for all the responses, everyone. We're new to Princess and thought this sounded like another great feature. I guess we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed and check it out when we get there. Hopefully we don't end up with Jan's table-mates from the Emerald!

We decided to try lunch in the diningroom for the forst time on our last cruise on Emerald. We were seated with 3 older women that did NOTHING but complain:eek: ! We tried & tried to change the subject, but this just reminded them of another complaint. Here we were thrilled with everything. We couldn't get away from them fast enough & were just happy they were not at our dinner table every night LOL.

Jan

I have no problem just getting up and moving to a different table. :rolleyes:

On every Princess cruise, we have had lunch in the dining room after putting our carry on in our cabin. They don't advertise that the dining room is open so except for some b2b pax and us, it's always pretty much empty. Of course we're usually very early embarking and I think the dining room is only open until 1 or 1:30 so those arriving later are out of luck. It's a lovely relaxing way to start the cruise. On one ship, the head waiter told me the dining room was closed but when I reminded him that I could see the 4 tables of people in the corner, he let us in. :D

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not that interested in going to the Dining room when I first get on board, but I do hope the new disembarkation process is in effect on the Dawn

It is and it went smoothly for us in Jan when disembarking. Easy check is also available, which was also great for us.

When we sailed on the Emerald's Christmas cruise, they already had the new disembarkation in place. But the dining room was not open for lunch the first day. I have enjoyed that on some of our other Princess cruises.

I'm hoping the CB has the dining room open on embarktion day when I sail in May.

I will be looking once again for this when we board on the 25th of this month. :)

And I will be awaiting to hear what you have to say! If they don't have it open could you find out if and when the do plan to have it open?

We never get a chance to make it to the dining room for lunch on embarkation day. Eventhough we get on early, it seems we end up doing so many other things. WE DON'T EVEN MAKE IT TO HORIZON COURT AT EMBARKATION!!

It is a nice little thing to know about the dining room.

I will be looking once again for this when we board on the 25th of this month. :)

I just got a message from someone who was on the CB last week and checked for me to see if the dining room was open. Sadly it wasn't. I hope they get it open for your cruise and if not, could you try to find out why it isn't open?

I'm not trying to sound petty but we have been on the CB twice already and I am just not a big buffet person. I have enough buffets in our are but a lack of nice restaurants. Since we are familiar with the CB we don't need to explore, we would just love to start off with a nice liesurely lunch.

Archived