? re: guarantee and upgrades on a long cruise

panddas

Maybe this has been asked and answered, but I can't find it - we are booked on a very long cruise 40+ days. there are approx 9 segments of this cruise from a 1 day up. We are booked on the highest outside cat that there is and would be happy with it - that is why we booked it. But for interest sake I was wondering if anyone on a long cruise like this would ever be upgraded to a verhanda? we get on at the beginning for the whole cruise - then there is a 1 day and a 5 day etc etc. and then after the 5 day there is no more embarking/segment for 24 days. Are the logistics of being upgraded pretty slim? Would they upgrade anyone for a portion of the cruise. ie: someone books 5 days in a verhanda - gets off and the verhanda cabins sits vacant for 24 days??? or would they move someone to the verhanda cabin for the remainder of the cruise? Sorry if this sounds stupid - but I was just wondering how they deal with the empty verhanda cabins when I started thinking about this.

not from personal experience but would think the cruise lines want to keep to passenger happy and packing up to move doesnt sound very nice.

If wanting to find someplace else--- go to the pursers desk and ask your question-- if anything comes available let them know you will be willing to move.

I would imagine that, because there will be different "legs" of the trip, they couldn't keep moving you around--ie: if the room they "upgrade" you to on leg 1 is booked on leg 2....you get the picture. Sounds like a logistics nightmare!

Archived