If you could pick ANY RCCL ship....

OK so my big 40 is this year (in December) and I know I want to go on a cruise and I know it will be RCCL. I am not hung up on itinary because I have been to Mexico and Caribbean locations before and always enjoy myself no matter what.

SO with that said if you had to pick a cruise based on SHIP

Which would you choose?

Please include comments regarding newer ships like the Independence. Should I pick that simply because it is a new ship? Do I wait for the kinks to work out?

I have only been on two RCCL ships, the Rhapsody and the Voyager. My favorite by far is the Rhapsody. One reason, all the glass. You can sit inside and look out without any problem at all. Plenty of seating and all that glass. Also, The Voyager was a little bit big for me, I prefer the size of the Rhapsody. There are several ships in her class.

I have sailed on 8 different RCCL ships and I can tell you that the Jewel did not get her name for nothing. She is the Jewel of the fleet. I have to admit the I have not sailed on any other Radiance class ships, but after sailing on the Jewel, I am not so sure I would want to. Hope I helped. Enjoy your cruise. Happy 40th. Good Sailing, Murf.

i have heard sooo many ppl rate those radiance class ships very high- gotta try one one of these days

my vote ( till i try radiance class...lol ) is voyager class- am sure freedom would be great also based on what i have read-

happy early big 4...0....!

We chose Radiance of the Seas for our 40th birthdays (we both turned 40 within 3 days of each other).

Loved Radiance, especially it's Solarium. And the Seaview Cafe and Schooner Bar are excellent.

Happy early 40th, and hope you have a great cruise, regardless of what ship you choose!:)

We enjoy the Voyager class ships, but our favorite , by far, is the Serenade of the Seas. The Radiance class ships are beautiful. The focus is on the ocean and the views are great from just about anywhere on board. We really like the Southern Caribbean itinerary the Serenade sails on. Our first trip on the Serenade was this past January and we booked her again for next year while we were still on board.

We were very impressed by the crew and the condition of the ship. It was our favorite cruise to date.

Eric

I have to join the chorus singing the praises of the Jewel of the Seas with any other Radiance class ship coming in a close second. However, our wonderful experience on the Legend of the Seas last month has to put her right up there among my favorites. Then again, I can't remember a cruise on any RCI ship dating back to our first in 1983 when we sailed on the Song of Norway, that was less than wonderful.:) Pick a ship, any RCI ship, and I'll be happy.:)

Freedom/Liberty/Independence!

Regarding new ship kinks: We were on Liberty's 4th sailing and there were no such kinks. Everything was shining and new, and the service was great. While I might hesitate to sail on a maiden [or at least first revenue] voyage, don't be afraid of sailing on a new ship early on... they have plenty of time built in to work out kinks usually before their revenue sailings begin.

It seems the Radiance class is getting raves....

I also would choose the Radiance class. We have been on the Serenade a few times (love it), we have been on the Jewel a few times (amazing) and we will be on the Radiance in Sept.

We have been on the Vision class (very nice), and we have been on the Voyager class (way too big for us). If we were younger and our children were not adults, we might have preferred the Voyager Class. The promenard is great for the kids, but overall the ship was not to our liking. I suppose we will not like the Freedom either, but as long as the Radiance class is available, we will sail RCI.

We enjoy the Voyager class ships, but our favorite , by far, is the Serenade of the Seas. The Radiance class ships are beautiful. The focus is on the ocean and the views are great from just about anywhere on board. We really like the Southern Caribbean itinerary the Serenade sails on. Our first trip on the Serenade was this past January and we booked her again for next year while we were still on board.

We were very impressed by the crew and the condition of the ship. It was our favorite cruise to date.

Eric

:cool: Ship is not too big--not too small. Has Chops, Portofino's, conciere lounge. Beautiful Ship. Get balcony and enjoy it:cool:

OK so my big 40 is this year (in December) and I know I want to go on a cruise and I know it will be RCCL. I am not hung up on itinary because I have been to Mexico and Caribbean locations before and always enjoy myself no matter what.

SO with that said if you had to pick a cruise based on SHIP

Which would you choose?

Please include comments regarding newer ships like the Independence. Should I pick that simply because it is a new ship? Do I wait for the kinks to work out?

I am going to sail on the Independance, have sailed on the Mariner I just love cruising but I love the size of the Radience class ships and the jewel is my favorite, the others are too big.

I have been on Splendour, Jewel, and Monarch (in that order). I'll be on Adventure and Explorer this year. I would choose Jewel of the Seas for a 40th and cruise somewhere in Europe this summer (we were on Jewel to Scandinavia and Russia in 2005) or to Canada in the fall.

Archived