CB suite experience

honeydog714

I have some questions for people who have had a suite on the caribbean princess, we have A751 I am thrilled to finally get an aft facing suite! I am wondering how the suite perks work though, like the free internet, I read I can't use my laptop but have to go to the cafe, can my daughter use it (the free internet?) how do they know we are in a suite and it is free? What about the free laundry and wine tasting how does that work? Also in FLL where is the priority embarkation? I have done suites on other lines but they usually have a butler and concierge who takes care of things, since princess does not how do the "priority dining reservations" get made? I thought you can just walk up to the restaurant do I have to call each day to make a reservation? Thanks in advance for all your help and if anyone has photos of A751 I would love to see them!

We are leaving this Sunday and have that exact suite!

I also have the same questions ~

What is the turnaround time on the laundry?

Where is the special embarkation line in FLL?

Do you get priority resies for the Chef's Table?

Are there priority resies for Anytime dining?

What is the deal with the wine tasting?

When is the free champagne? And is it the bottle, or just a glass?

Is there a choice of type of canapes (we prefer savory to sweet), or is it just a standard order for the suites generally?

Can we swap out bottles from the free mini (eg vodka for rum)?

For the free internet - is it best to bring our own laptop? (With wireless card?) Does it have to be used in the internet cafe or are there other hotspots?

What are the spa perks? Do you have to register or can they just tell from your sign n sail card?

Non suite question - do the coffee cards give unlimited regular/non-specialty coffees? Have seen conflicting reports on that.

Will report back, but would love to hear from others - particularly as I've been unable to get search to work even just for the forum!

To the OP: This suite does have a beam (the "dreaded beam") in the Balcony but from my research given that the balcony is a "double wide" it shouldn't be too much of an issue. (We chose it over the more unknown of the "dreaded vent" that affects the 2 center suites - they have much larger/better balconies, but a large vent next to them can be intolerably noisy to some (but not to all), and some report noxious odors rendering those balconies unusable. We chose not to take that risk.)

What is the turnaround time on the laundry?If you check the 'express' box, and turn your laundry in before 9:00 AM, it will be back before dinner that evening.

Where is the special embarkation line in FLL?Usually inside the terminal.

Do you get priority resies for the Chef's Table?Since this is farely new, I would doubt you would get priority for this option.

When is the free champagne? And is it the bottle, or just a glass?

Just a glass that is delivered by your room steward.

Is there a choice of type of canapes (we prefer savory to sweet), or is it just a standard order for the suites generally?There will be a canape list in your stateroom that you can tick the ones you are interested in for that evening. Just make sure to hang it on your door or give it to your room steward in the AM. We have found most of these are nothing to get excited about and quite ordinary in comparison to others we have had.

Can we swap out bottles from the free mini (eg vodka for rum)?There are no small bottles of rum offered, we checked. Passengers used to be able to swap out some of the items, but I have read they are being a bit stubborn on this lately. Since it's free, you use what you want and they are making it a bit more difficult to switch things out now. Remember, this is a one time set up, no free refills. If you want more, your account will be charged for it.

For the free internet - is it best to bring our own laptop? (With wireless card?) Does it have to be used in the internet cafe or are there other hotspots?Wireless is NOT included in the free internet offered, you need to use the computers in the internet cafe for the free unlimited usage. Your wireless will not work in your stateroom even if you pay. The atrium area of internet cafe are the limited places that it will be able to connect.

Non suite question - do the coffee cards give unlimited regular/non-specialty coffees? Have seen conflicting reports on that.I have no idea about this, as even in a full suite, we bring our own little coffee maker.

If your daughter is staying in the suite with you she should also get free internet access. Your key card that you must swipe to access the computers is coded so your internet is free. They may charge you for the usage and then credit it back to your account. As far as the wine tasting, I don't recall this being a perk for suite passengers. Elite CC members get to attend the wine tasting for free, but I don't recall it being a suite perk. Priority anytime dining reservations can be hit or miss. When we were in a suite last summer on the Sea Princess we tried calling for reservations a couple of nights and they tried to tell me that they did not take reservations at that time but I persisted and told them we were in a suite and that was one of the perks. They had to switch me to someone else but I was able to make the reservations.

How much is the coffee card?

Unless the price has gone up, it is about $30.00 including the 15% tip. You get about 15 specialty coffees and unlimited freshed brewed coffees. Since this card is the punch a hole as you use type card, you can share it with others.

Can we swap out bottles from the free mini (eg vodka for rum)?There are no small bottles of rum offered, we checked. Passengers used to be able to swap out some of the items, but I have read they are being a bit stubborn on this lately. Since it's free, you use what you want and they are making it a bit more difficult to switch things out now. Remember, this is a one time set up, no free refills. If you want more, your account will be charged for it.

We were on the Crown a few months ago and easily swapped out many of the mini-bar items. Maybe it depends on which ship/which steward, but we had no trouble...steward told us to just write down what we didn't want and what we'd like in its place.

I have some questions for people who have had a suite on the caribbean princess, we have A751 I am thrilled to finally get an aft facing suite!

ENJOY! We had A751 on the Crown and LOVED IT!

To the OP: This suite does have a beam (the "dreaded beam") in the Balcony but from my research given that the balcony is a "double wide" it shouldn't be too much of an issue. (We chose it over the more unknown of the "dreaded vent" that affects the 2 center suites - they have much larger/better balconies, but a large vent next to them can be intolerably noisy to some (but not to all), and some report noxious odors rendering those balconies unusable. We chose not to take that risk.)

I just looked at the deckplan for the CB, and A751 (PS cat) will NOT have the "beam". The larger A753 (OS cat) has the balcony with the beam. This is the same layout as on the Crown (port side on CB has Grand Suite, which is the only difference in the aft-facing section for CB vs. Crown).

-- Renée

ENJOY! We had A751 on the Crown and LOVED IT!

I just looked at the deckplan for the CB, and A751 (PS cat) will NOT have the "beam". The larger A753 (OS cat) has the balcony with the beam. This is the same layout as on the Crown (port side on CB has Grand Suite, which is the only difference in the aft-facing section for CB vs. Crown).

-- Renée

My mistake, we're going to be in C751 on the CB.

What is the turnaround time on the laundry?If you check the 'express' box, and turn your laundry in before 9:00 AM, it will be back before dinner that evening. [rest deleted for space] .

Thanks so much Toto, really appreciate your taking the time for such a detailed response.

Does anyone know though where in the Terminal? Do you need to appear to cut in line to get to it?

We had C748 on the CB and it was awesome!! I have to add that another perk is the amazing views from the back. It's like being in your own private paradise. One of our favorite things to do was to sit out on the balcony with a book, even when it was raining. I have some pictures from my "photos" link and some that are similar to cindep's.

We had A751 on the Caribbean Princess in December 2006. Here are a few of the pictures of the suite:

If you have any questions or would like additional photos let me know.

We are booked into A751 on Caribbean Princess in May and can't wait! Had never seen photos of the exact cabin before. Only slight concern is whether there is any noise from the pool area above....?

I have some questions for people who have had a suite on the caribbean princess, we have A751 I am thrilled to finally get an aft facing suite! I am wondering how the suite perks work though, like the free internet, I read I can't use my laptop but have to go to the cafe, can my daughter use it (the free internet?) how do they know we are in a suite and it is free? What about the free laundry and wine tasting how does that work? Also in FLL where is the priority embarkation? I have done suites on other lines but they usually have a butler and concierge who takes care of things, since princess does not how do the "priority dining reservations" get made? I thought you can just walk up to the restaurant do I have to call each day to make a reservation? Thanks in advance for all your help and if anyone has photos of A751 I would love to see them![/quote

Only one thing to add: the priority embarkation line was around to the side when we boarded Emerald Princess. Just show your boarding pass to the person at the front of the looong line out front & they will direct you:) . Enjoy your suite!

Jan

We are leaving this Sunday and have that exact suite!

OH NO!!! My TA- who is usually fantastic assurred me that there was no beam, darn I am really annoyed, she never messes up-crud :(

If your daughter is staying in the suite with you she should also get free internet access. Your key card that you must swipe to access the computers is coded so your internet is free. They may charge you for the usage and then credit it back to your account. As far as the wine tasting, I don't recall this being a perk for suite passengers. Elite CC members get to attend the wine tasting for free, but I don't recall it being a suite perk. Priority anytime dining reservations can be hit or miss. When we were in a suite last summer on the Sea Princess we tried calling for reservations a couple of nights and they tried to tell me that they did not take reservations at that time but I persisted and told them we were in a suite and that was one of the perks. They had to switch me to someone else but I was able to make the reservations.

Maybe I am thinking of the elite perk, this is the first cruise that I finally will be elite, do you know how the wine tasing works for elite?

We had A751 on the Caribbean Princess in December 2006. Here are a few of the pictures of the suite:

If you have any questions or would like additional photos let me know.

Thank you for the photos! Do you have any of the bathroom? Is there a jetted tub or regular? Also what about the view from the balcony is there a beam or not?

OH NO!!! My TA- who is usually fantastic assurred me that there was no beam, darn I am really annoyed, she never messes up-crud :(

Honeydog, my mistake, we are in C 751, not A 751. It is C 751 that I believe has the beam.

Maybe I am thinking of the elite perk, this is the first cruise that I finally will be elite, do you know how the wine tasing works for elite?

There are often two wine tasting sessions on each cruise with the second one being more expensive. I am not elite, but I usually travel with my mom who is. It is only the first (less expensive) wine tasting that is free to elite members. When we went I remember everyone having to show their cruise cards and I know they wrote up a slip for me to charge it, but I honestly don't remember if they wrote up charge slips for the elite members and then credited them to their accounts or if they didn't bother even writing up charge slips. The elite members do not need to show any kind of invitation, just their cruise card to prove they are elite.

There are often two wine tasting sessions on each cruise with the second one being more expensive. I am not elite, but I usually travel with my mom who is. It is only the first (less expensive) wine tasting that is free to elite members.

Just show up with your elite cruise card for the first one. No need for reservations.

A751 does NOT have the beam...I wrote this a couple days ago (scroll up):

Thank you for the photos! Do you have any of the bathroom? Is there a jetted tub or regular? Also what about the view from the balcony is there a beam or not?

Tub is jetted.

There is NO BEAM.

We did get a "banging" noise from a door going out to the pool. That is the only negative I can think of with this suite.

Here are the pictures of the bath. I can also confirm that there is definitely no beam on this suite -- it is totally open. If you use the tub, be sure to use the bath salts they provide. They are fabulous!

You'll enjoy the perks! Make sure you use them as you've paid for them!

1082422751_CommodeandSink.jpg.ba700119f4f0ceab9a0f16b92c039e1b.jpg

919839504_WhirlpoolTubandShower.jpg.9f5f5a5ca39cde264d2045fb3d8981ee.jpg

Archived