how many formal nights on a 25 day cruise?

golferdog

I believe you are doing the 15 day transatlantic followed by a 10 day cruise. There should be 3 + 2 = 5 formal days.
You are probably correct. These combo cruises booked as one cruise are very confusing at times.

And just to throw in a real confusing elemant. We sailed on two 12 day back to backs. Two formal nights each way right? Nope, they stuck in a third for each leg of the B2B which really threw off the wardrobe. 4 turned into 6 for us. lol

And just to throw in a real confusing elemant. We sailed on two 12 day back to backs. Two formal nights each way right? Nope, they stuck in a third for each leg of the B2B which really threw off the wardrobe. 4 turned into 6 for us. lol
I'm not one that is anti-formal night but even 5 in 25 days is just over kill. With these new airline restrictions looks like one formal attire for an unlimited number of formal nights might have to be on the packing list. :eek:

I'm not one that is anti-formal night but even 5 in 25 days is just over kill. With these new airline restrictions looks like one formal attire for an unlimited number of formal nights might have to be on the packing list.
There are only four formal nights for a 25-day cruise. The five nights comes if you're taking two separate cruises so two and then three formal nights is reasonable. We had five formal nights on our 18-day HAL cruise last summer. Now THAT was overkill IMHO.

I bring one long black dress and several very fancy, sparkling wraps to use on formal nights so that I'm not packing a ton of stuff yet the "look" is different each time. Heck, if you have four or five formal nights, you can wear the same thing again and no one will notice or comment.

There are only four formal nights for a 25-day cruise. The five nights comes if you're taking two separate cruises so two and then three formal nights is reasonable.
This 25 day cruise is one of Princess's new inventions putting a 15 day and a 10 day cruise together and selling these cruises as a 25 day cruise. They also are selling the 15 day TA as one cruise and the 10 day Baltic as one cruise.

We have this same thing on our next two cruises. Good idea? Maybe not and booking B2B might be better. I'm finding Princess can't seem to get their act together for these combo cruises sold as one. On our Crown cruise and someone else's Emerald cruise for April, that was sold the same way, we both had to make several calls to get the shore excursions put into our Cruise Personalizers after both the segments had received theirs in their Personalizers. Also on what is turn around day for some they aren't offering any excursions except for disembarking passengers - Princess is telling us this will be offered on the ship - we'll see as have heard similar stories before.

Oh well, it will be a fabulous cruise no matter what!:)

Which, according to the OP's list, makes our 28 day Crown in Sept. a definite 5 for formal nights. It's a 10 (two) and an 18 (three), unless they decide to throw an extra one into the 18. No worries here. One pair of black dressy pants or palazzos and several THIN (no sequins) tops, make lots of easy lightweight outfits. Then again, no one says you have to do all of them. So easy to be a guy. Sigh..............

Pia

I'm not one that is anti-formal night but even 5 in 25 days is just over kill. With these new airline restrictions looks like one formal attire for an unlimited number of formal nights might have to be on the packing list. :eek:

At least a guy can just pack in a different color vest and tie and make a whole new outfit. Definitely much tougher for a woman to pack for this many formal nights.

While I do like formal nights, I also agree that you don't need that many.

At least a guy can just pack in a different color vest and tie and make a whole new outfit. Definitely much tougher for a woman to pack for this many formal nights.

While I do like formal nights, I also agree that you don't need that many.

My husband takes one fancy tux shirt and 4 different bow ties. Voila! Four outfits. Easy packing and gives me more space for my stuff. :D

Pia

Archived