Ecstasy late on 3/8?

Cruise cal says this:

Arriving late due to due to unfavorable weather & sea conditions

Expected arrival is 1130.

thanks I didnt know I could check there, it is such a beautiful day in PORT it is a shame they are in bad weather.

I have been watching the Sea Wolf Cam and the Galveston web cam all morning, so thanks for the info.

I have friends who are on the Ecstasy on their first cruise. I hope they have not had it too rough. :eek: Maybe she held off and slowed down till the storm passed.

I am about 3 miles from the Gulf of Mexico and the winds were howling all night and this morning it sounds like a winter day up north.

I can't imagine what it must have been like to be on that ship last night in the middle of the Gulf :eek:

Found it! thanks! And ... this is first time we've seen the Elissa raise her sails

Its neat isn't it? We were in Galveston last Saturday and on board the Elissa while the crew were having a training drill. They were raising the sails and lowering them etc. The public were allowed on board at the same time. It was fun. She is a beautiful ship. :)

I am about 3 miles from the Gulf of Mexico and the winds were howling all night and this morning it sounds like a winter day up north.

I can't imagine what it must have been like to be on that ship last night in the middle of the Gulf :eek:

OMG. :eek: I hope they didn't experience that. If so they will never cruise again.....................me, I would have loved it....;) :p

Its neat isn't it? We were in Galveston last Saturday and on board the Elissa while the crew were having a training drill. They were raising the sails and lowering them etc. The public were allowed on board at the same time. It was fun. She is a beautiful ship. :)

We've only been to Galveston once but ever since then a year ago we are one of those people that get up every Sat. & Sun to watch the web cams. It was exciting to see the Elissa. I'm curious though. What kind of ship is she? Is she a tourist ship?

We've only been to Galveston once but ever since then a year ago we are one of those people that get up every Sat. & Sun to watch the web cams. It was exciting to see the Elissa. I'm curious though. What kind of ship is she? Is she a tourist ship?

She is not a tourist ship, she is one of the Tall Ships, but they are always looking for crew volunteers.:) We have an interest in her since she was built in Scotland. ;)

http://www.galvestonhistory.org/1877_Tall_Ship_ELISSA.asp

Archived