Problems while cruising, and compensation for them, or other complaints.

fllady61

We had the worst service in the dining room on the triumph in April 06! So bad that he brought us a meal (really late) that was not even ours, set it down...

BECAUSE THERE ARE ONLY 2000 MEALS BEING PREPARED EVERY HOUR

left, came back we told him it was not ours and saw him take it to another table!!!!

COMMON EVEN IN RESTAURANTS.. A MERE CORRECITION

Plus the baked alaskan night he did not even ask if we wanted it (although we did) and as we watched all the other servers show it off and let people take pictures... and eat it and leave... he finally plopped it in front of us!

BOO HOO.. WHO EVEN EATS IT

Those are the two biggies that forced us to cut his tip to a dollar a day (KNOW THAT YOU CAN DO THAT!) We love to dress up and eat in the dining room every night and that was a HUGE disappointment!

WHY DID THE BAD BAKED ALASKA AFFECT YOUR FORMAL WEAR?

Not to mention when we arrived to our stateroom that cruise it was set up as two twins! Really?! I would think for past guests and all cruisers they would get details like that right the first time!

GOD FORBID YOU HAVE MENTION TO THE ROOM ATTENDANT TO PUSH THE BEDS TOGETHER, YOU MAY HAVE TO UP THAT $1 A DAY TIP TO A $1.25

I got back and wrote a letter to carnival and all I got back was a generic "we will look into that!"

Obviously I am back on Carnival for the fact that is how we can afford 4 cruises in three years as a young couple.... however we are still paying good money and service is a huge thing on all cruise lines!!!

So long story short! Carnival did nothing!

Thats right.. they did nothing WRONG in these instances -Get over it

t

we have had a simular incident in a Perkins. We walked in, was seated, 3 more families came in, seated, served, and we still did not see our waiter. when they finally did come over, they had brought us someone elses food, and we had not ordered yet. then another what seemed to be 30 min later, she finally came and asked How was everything tonight?

We did get our meal free finally after nearly an hour of waiting. Why did we not go somewhere else because they were the only place open at the time we went to dinner. Small town.

so I can see her discust and anger with the waiter bringing the wrong food to her, and treating her like she was nothing. I have been there.

Our waiter on our last cruise was cool. although we had to wait on him, he had a bunch of teen age kids to wait on that were there with a group and we just had to wait. But we still got our food in a timley manor. Just not our ice tea or coffee. Had to ask nightly for that because he forgot we wanted tea.

we have had a simular incident in a Perkins. We walked in, was seated, 3 more families came in, seated, served, and we still did not see our waiter. when they finally did come over, they had brought us someone elses food, and we had not ordered yet. then another what seemed to be 30 min later, she finally came and asked How was everything tonight?

We did get our meal free finally after nearly an hour of waiting. Why did we not go somewhere else because they were the only place open at the time we went to dinner. Small town.

so I can see her discust and anger with the waiter bringing the wrong food to her, and treating her like she was nothing. I have been there.

Our waiter on our last cruise was cool. although we had to wait on him, he had a bunch of teen age kids to wait on that were there with a group and we just had to wait. But we still got our food in a timley manor. Just not our ice tea or coffee. Had to ask nightly for that because he forgot we wanted tea.

My point was that there are so many guests and the waiters work their butts off. I have a hard time believing anyone was slighted on purpose.. Thats all :o

What erks me most is the fact that someone who is perfectly healthy, or a small child goes in the Handicap bathroom and the wheelchair person has to wait or go back to their cabin. That is just rude.

When it come to small children, I having had 2 of them, they seem to always wait until the last second to have to use the bathroom I do not think its a big deal if they use a Handicap stall if that is the first one available.

Also here in NJ a large number of the Handicap stall's are where they place the changing table for infants. So I guess the larger stall is not really for the exclusive use of the disabled.

What erks me most is the fact that someone who is perfectly healthy, or a small child goes in the Handicap bathroom and the wheelchair person has to wait or go back to their cabin. That is just rude.

When it come to small children, I having had 2 of them, they seem to always wait until the last second to have to use the bathroom I do not think its a big deal if they use a Handicap stall if that is the first one available.

Also here in NJ a large number of the Handicap stall's are where they place the changing table for infants. So I guess the larger stall is not really for the exclusive use of the disabled.

Good Point..its also big enough to allow a mother and another child to be in there with the child in need.

J and J fun:

Yes, you were rude to the OP. Even if your family has had issues and you have breathing problems, you have no idea what the OP is/was going through. STOP BEING A CYBER BULLY!!!!!!

The OP's thread was informational/just out of curiousity.

I have walked in your shoes.

As a matter of fact, I have been on a cruise with my sister while she was in a wheelchair. My mother and Father both used a wheelchair before they passed away, and I have a breathing problems as well. I also have done a day as a blind person in high school, so I understand that as well. That's why I have the right to say that there are people much worse off than you, and they never complain.

Rude and nasty? No just telling it the way it is. I get so tired of people thinking the world owes them something just because they got dealt a bum hand.

My point is, I don't think she once complained about a thing.quote]

J&J - I see your frustration but it is difficult to understand what the world is like for those who are not able to function in it like you and I. I hope that the OP does not feel that the "world" owes her something but rather is looking for things to be on a more even playing field and for certain accomidations to be made so that she can enjoy her trip the same as an able bodied person.

Fllady- I have used the handicapped bathroom with my 2 sons ages 8 & 5. I get many looks going into and coming out of the stall and the bathroom itself with them in tow. My 8 year old has Autism and my 5 year old has Sensory Integration Disorder. Neither of them are capable of going into the Men's bathroom by themselves - nor in this day and age would I let them. You would never know by looking at them that they have a disability as Autism Spectrum Disorder is an "invisible" disability.

Good Point..its also big enough to allow a mother and another child to be in there with the child in need.

Good point! My young dd and I have used the handicapped bathrooms on numerous occasions due to the fact that she needed assistance. I wouldn't expect a small child to go into the bathroom alone and put paper on the seat, unbutton pants, etc. So I go in with her. To expect her to go into a stall alone and NEEDING help (those small stalls are way too little for us to both go in), well, that's unfair as well! So we wait on a bigger stall, no big deal.

Sorry but the comment on 4 yrs olds playing in the bathroom for 20 mins and water being everywhere...honestly, how often does that happen?? I've never experienced it. But if it were to happen, it could just as easily happen in a smaller stall. So I don't buy that argument whatsoever. :(

As far as us not understanding what a person in a wheelchair experiences, I agree. I'm sure I don't begin to even realize the hardships that are faced, and I pray to God that I never have to find out. So for that, thanks for opening my eyes and I will definitely try to be more aware. (but we're still using the big stall ):)

Also, I have never seen a sign above a bathroom stall that says

"handicapped ONLY", usually they say "handicap accessible"

Precisely. And you will have to fight me for access to the handicap access bathroom stall. It is typically the only one that will accomodate the stroller that I am probably pushing into the stall, as I find it tough to balance a little one on my lap while doing my business. And often, those handi-access stalls are the ones that contain the baby change table. So don't rush me in there!

My point was that there are so many guests and the waiters work their butts off. I have a hard time believing anyone was slighted on purpose.. Thats all :o

Clearly you did not wait for your meal until others were eating their desert! You were not there and did not receive the service, being an experienced cruiser I know what to expect.

Also, you go on cruises to relax and enjoy being pampered! Apparently people have a difference of opinion on expectations, agree to disagree...

THANK YOU!!!!:D

Clearly you did not wait for your meal until others were eating their desert! You were not there and did not receive the service, being an experienced cruiser I know what to expect.

Also, you go on cruises to relax and enjoy being pampered! Apparently people have a difference of opinion on expectations, agree to disagree...

True you go on cruises to relax.. having been on 8 myself, i have waited while others were on desert.. perhaps a bit annoying but i am not in a race with anyone..

But just think.. savor the food.. look forward to desert.. and let it make the cruise last longer.. !!! Enjoy!

being so new to CC and still waiting to go on our first trip, i thought most people wanted to help each other have good experiences on all their cruises. reading this thread made me feel naive,but now at least i know you ppl are out there.

Dont let the heated discussions upset you or feel naive'... It just happens

human nature. .. We are all harmless.. somedays we are nicer than others... but we all love cruising so we are addicted!

Dont let the heated discussions upset you or feel naive'... It just happens

human nature. .. We are all harmless.. somedays we are nicer than others... but we all love cruising so we are addicted!

not upset at all T,just fascinated by how certain topics can turn(probably)good ppl. into bashers and haters. like i said,"now i know"

Good point! My young dd and I have used the handicapped bathrooms on numerous occasions due to the fact that she needed assistance. I wouldn't expect a small child to go into the bathroom alone and put paper on the seat, unbutton pants, etc. So I go in with her. To expect her to go into a stall alone and NEEDING help (those small stalls are way too little for us to both go in), well, that's unfair as well! So we wait on a bigger stall, no big deal.

Sorry but the comment on 4 yrs olds playing in the bathroom for 20 mins and water being everywhere...honestly, how often does that happen?? I've never experienced it. But if it were to happen, it could just as easily happen in a smaller stall. So I don't buy that argument whatsoever. :(

As far as us not understanding what a person in a wheelchair experiences, I agree. I'm sure I don't begin to even realize the hardships that are faced, and I pray to God that I never have to find out. So for that, thanks for opening my eyes and I will definitely try to be more aware. (but we're still using the big stall ):)

I am not talking about parents who go in with their kids. I am talking about parents who are off doing their own thing and allow their two children to go by themselves and don't come check on them in a matter of 5 minutes. Yet the two kids are in there splashing water on each other, laughing, and running in circles. *this happen at Disney. the parent finally came in from outside and asked what was taking her 2 kids so long.* they came out of the stall after I had managed to use a smaller stall with difficulity and never corrected her kids on it.

I want to make that clear.

I don't mind an adult going in with their child, or baby, but two kids going in and playing. Get real. If you say it is ok, then I will hush on this subject. But the bathrooms are not play areas as some kids seem to think.

As to how often does it happen? At least once a day in major theme parks. While 2 of 3 wheelchairs wait for the stall to become empty because these people are in need of that area. I have seen this happen. Before I came to need a wheelchair.

I am not talking about parents who go in with their kids. I am talking about parents who are off doing their own thing and allow their two children to go by themselves and don't come check on them in a matter of 5 minutes. Yet the two kids are in there splashing water on each other, laughing, and running in circles. *this happen at Disney. the parent finally came in from outside and asked what was taking her 2 kids so long.* they came out of the stall after I had managed to use a smaller stall with difficulity and never corrected her kids on it.

I don't mind an adult going in with their child, or baby, but two kids going in and playing. Get real. If you say it is ok, then I will hush on this subject. But the bathrooms are not play areas as some kids seem to think.

As to how often does it happen? At least once a day in major theme parks. While 2 of 3 wheelchairs wait for the stall to become empty because these people are in need of that area. I have seen this happen. Before I came to need a wheelchair.

Whats really weird is that you attached a quote with my name and its not my quote??

No i am with you.. children should not be playing in the bathroom.. anybathroom..

And never ever 'hush'.. even if no one agrees with you.. you are entitled to your opinions!!

I was just wondering if anyone has had a problem on board and received a compensation notice from Carnival?

I have. We are getting a gift for the problems we encountered with a handicap cabin, and no access on Saturday and Friday after luggage was in the hallway as well as other complaints I had regarding access for handicap cruisers. ie.... no handicap reserved tables in the Lido restaurant. The safe battery dying on us and having to wait for the man to come and fix it. Room service people just barley tapping at the door and you could not hear them, and a few other complaints.

Also for the noise we had of construction on our only sleep in day on our last cruise that woke us at 8 am, we are receiving 25$ pp OBC.

I'm sorry for all the "problems" you encountered. My mother is in a wheelchair also, but I cannot imagine myself asking for compensation because I had to wait on someone to open the safe or being woken up at 8:00 am :eek:.

Things like that often happen and if I leave my home to travel or cruise, I expect sometimes annoyances can occur and you have to roll with the punches.

We have never had problems in the Lido with her w/c. Of course, if you go right at the "peak" hours, the you may have a problem finding an empty table. So, we plan our lunch/breakfast just after the rush, when things are a little less crowded.

Why kids want to play in the toilets is beyond me. We have season tickets with a hockey team and the kids are attracted to the bathrooms like they are magnetic. If I were a parent the last place I would want my young child (beyond the germs) is in the bathrooms where perverts could easily cause a problem. I've went and got security before and told them to clear the area out and they will do it, but you have to ask. :(

I was just wondering if anyone has had a problem on board and received a compensation notice from Carnival?

I have. We are getting a gift for the problems we encountered with a handicap cabin, and no access on Saturday and Friday after luggage was in the hallway as well as other complaints I had regarding access for handicap cruisers. ie.... no handicap reserved tables in the Lido restaurant. The safe battery dying on us and having to wait for the man to come and fix it. Room service people just barley tapping at the door and you could not hear them, and a few other complaints.

Also for the noise we had of construction on our only sleep in day on our last cruise that woke us at 8 am, we are receiving 25$ pp OBC.

I am sorry for your troubles, but just have to laugh at the last complaint. :d I can't imagine sleeping past 6:30 a.m. on any of our cruises. LOL We like to get up and go. ;) Besides, who can sleep with all the slamming doors! :eek:

You brought up a subject that I have never thought of. We find it hard enough to navigate the halls when luggage is put out on the final night. I feel for all those in wheelchairs, walkers, crutches and canes. ;) What a nightmare!

Yeah, kids shouldn't be playing the bathrooms, no matter what stall it is...

However, if I have to go, then I HAVE TO GO and if the only stall available when I have to go happens to be handicapped... I'm usin' it!

I see no reason for me to let a perfectly good toilet sit unused while a line backs up for non-handicapped stalls... A handicap accessible stall is just that, accessible for the handicapped... it doesn't mean you need a membership card to use it... and it doesn't guarantee it will be available at the exact time that a handicapped person needs it...

I'm sorry for all the "problems" you encountered. My mother is in a wheelchair also, but I cannot imagine myself asking for compensation because I had to wait on someone to open the safe or being woken up at 8:00 am :eek:.

Things like that often happen and if I leave my home to travel or cruise, I expect sometimes annoyances can occur and you have to roll with the punches.

We have never had problems in the Lido with her w/c. Of course, if you go right at the "peak" hours, the you may have a problem finding an empty table. So, we plan our lunch/breakfast just after the rush, when things are a little less crowded.

I did not ask for compensation. I merely made a complaint. can you all not see that??? Carnival offered the compensation.

when we were on Glory a few yrs ago, i went in the handicap stall and some man had come out, pissed all over the place, did not flush, so you know he did not wash. I had to physically clean the toliet, and floor, scrub my hands, after flushing, then use the bathroom.

My lands,.. people, IF YOU SPRINKLE WHEN YOU TINKLE, BE A SWEETY AND CLEAN THE SEATY.

Archived