Problems while cruising, and compensation for them, or other complaints.

fllady61

I did not ask for compensation. I merely made a complaint. can you all not see that??? Carnival offered the compensation.

Holy Mother!!!!!!!! Can you yell a little louder????? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Maybe a lot of us misunderstood you, but after reading your first post, the first thing that I thought was....."why would she be asking for compensation for that"?

So, a thousand and one parsons for misunderstanding you!!!!! Mea Culpa.

We received free cruises after our first sailing on the Sensation and OBC for not having a working toilet for most of a seven day cruise. In addition I received a one hundred dollar check after returning home and having been blasted with a high powered water gun on the lido deck.

You eat on the Lido deck, you sort of know beforehand the risks and factors involved.

A) Be prepared to be run down by children and seniors alike. Actually it's all ages, but the children and seniors are by far more blatant about it. :eek:

B) Be happy if you have a chair to sit in. Wheelchairs are pretty damn useful. ;)

C) There are, at any given time, about 4 other families who are quicker than you looking for free tables to sit at too. :rolleyes:

D) Find that table for 8 that only two people are at. Ask if they mind if you join as it's crowded. Most people wont mind - as long as you've showered. :p

I have a bad back and cant do long lines. I can barely survive short lines. Lido deck lines are very rough on me, and I found that I can barely make it to any table, much less hunt one down.

Being ran into, bumped, jostled, etc by so many people in one place makes it all the more "fun". It's like WalMart at Christmas. Simply evil.

And you think there should be handicapped tables reserved?

It sounds good in theory. It really does. It wont work though. :(

Those same people who place oranges in chairs to "hold" them, and those people that knowingly book handicap cabins, those people who think thier kids wearing Heelies on the Lido deck are anything but a nuisance (if not a terror) to all around them - those are the same people that will still take that reserved handicap table - and they will get damn site indignant if you call them on it.

It doesnt matter who or what is right. All that matters in thier self-centric world is...... not you.

While all that squabbling is going on about who deserves what - I'll be sitting quite contentedly in the dining room. Where there is a table for me. A lot less haggard and tromped upon - and fairly painfree :D

Did you know? If you ask - they will pull a chair from your table for your expected dining time.

We had the worst service in the dining room on the triumph in April 06! So bad that he brought us a meal (really late) that was not even ours, set it down... left, came back we told him it was not ours and saw him take it to another table!!!! Plus the baked alaskan night he did not even ask if we wanted it (although we did) and as we watched all the other servers show it off and let people take pictures... and eat it and leave... he finally plopped it in front of us!

Did you complain first to the Maitre D to see if he could correct the situation?

We had really crappy service one night. Apparently our waiter was new to the position. He stunk. Badly. So bad, he did not make it to the second night. I never complained, but apparently EVERYONE else did.

Our second service team was amazing :)

Not to mention when we arrived to our stateroom that cruise it was set up as two twins! Really?! I would think for past guests and all cruisers they would get details like that right the first time!

You thought wrong. No where does it say anything about your bedding preferences on your booking. Did it wound you utterly, to the core, to ask your room steward to make it into a king? I bet if you did, they most likely had it done when you returned after dinner. And it would have stayed to your preference through out your sailing. What a hardship!

Relax and enjoy. If these little things bother you - you definitely need a vacation :D

Take me with - I need one too :)

You thought wrong. No where does it say anything about your bedding preferences on your booking. Did it wound you utterly, to the core, to ask your room steward to make it into a king? I bet if you did, they most likely had it done when you returned after dinner.

I have to agree.........with over 20 cruises with RCCL, they always have the bed joined as a King bed for my mom and I...every single time. :confused:

All I do is let the steward know on that first afternoon, and when we are at dinner, he seperate's them. No problem, no worries, no big deal. :)

In hindsight that we would have talked to the maitre d', we did not really know that was an option... that was only our second cruise and after our WONDERFUL service on our first cruise we were in shock. The service on our third cruise was yes, amazing once again. When you can remember your servers names it is a good thing!

It appears I am being misunderstood... we did tell our steward and it did get changed, it is not like I blew up on him or anything. The thread started as any problems, I shared mine. As far as the tip cutting goes I am not sure if I put it across as everyone or just the server. It was just the server. Not the room steward, they get crap the way it is.

This reply is not just to you SB;) It is to all the people that may have misunderstood.

I don't think you've mentioned yet where they were doing early-morning construction on the ship as you had said in your initial post. I was just curious; I haven't been on a cruise where this had happened (window washing, maybe).

No one knows. the pursers desk knew nothing of any construction going on. The person they called on the phone when we complained knew nothing of it either.

we were never told what the construction was.

They would not have been using drills and saws and hammers for window washing.

No one knows. the pursers desk knew nothing of any construction going on. The person they called on the phone when we complained knew nothing of it either.

we were never told what the construction was.

They would not have been using drills and saws and hammers for window washing.

So, no one ever SAW any construction?

How do you know they were drills and saws and hammers?

Maybe you just had an overzealous honeymooning couple with a love of "power TOYS" staying in the room next door :eek:

So, no one ever SAW any construction?

How do you know they were drills and saws and hammers?

Maybe you just had an overzealous honeymooning couple with a love of "power TOYS" staying in the room next door :eek:

I was not the only one who heard it. But the only one who complained. And I know the sound of tools. I grew up on a farm. I know what tools sound like. I have worked where constructiion was going on, so I know what construction sounds like.

On my second cruise, the maintenance crew was installing new carpet on several stairways. The smell was so powerful and it gave both me and my MIL headaches. I heard others commenting on it and wondering what the smell was. It literally smelled like burning fuel and I overheard an older guy telling his wife it must be the ship burning oil. :) Anyway, I never complained to anyone but it did cross my mind that I should have when I saw all the workers wearing masks while the rest of us were forced to smell that crap. I left it alone realizing that maintenance has to be done at some point and I still had a wonderful trip.

I was not the only one who heard it. But the only one who complained. And I know the sound of tools. I grew up on a farm. I know what tools sound like. I have worked where constructiion was going on, so I know what construction sounds like.

There are other noises that can sound like construction too...

"Power TOYS" can sound like tools... are we allowed to say S3X on this board?

Farms have SHEEP... they sound different than real s3x toys :D

There are other noises that can sound like construction too...

"Power TOYS" can sound like tools... are we allowed to say S3X on this board?

Farms have SHEEP... they sound different than real s3x toys :D

More power to you if you need sex toys.

More power to you if you need sex toys.

We were not talking about me... we were discussing the POSSIBILITY of the alleged construction perhaps just being two overzealous honeymooners with a love of sex toys... I am not a honeymooner, nor was I on your cruise.

We were not talking about me... we were discussing the POSSIBILITY of the alleged construction perhaps just being two overzealous honeymooners with a love of sex toys... I am not a honeymooner, nor was I on your cruise.

but you are the one that kept bringing up that subject. NOT me. I am just saying I am smart enough to know the difference. And it was Construction....

One of the benefits of being a past cruiser is recieving the currents magazine... after almost three years of our first cruise we still have not received one so I emailed carnival through their contact us link and a day letter I got a response that they will start sending them...

Just a little thing but it is good to know Carnival responds in a good way every once in a while:)

One of the benefits of being a past cruiser is recieving the currents magazine... after almost three years of our first cruise we still have not received one so I emailed carnival through their contact us link and a day letter I got a response that they will start sending them...

Just a little thing but it is good to know Carnival responds in a good way every once in a while:)

i get 2 a year. sometimes. sometimes just once a year.

I was just wondering if anyone has had a problem on board and received a compensation notice from Carnival?

I have. We are getting a gift for the problems we encountered with a handicap cabin, and no access on Saturday and Friday after luggage was in the hallway as well as other complaints I had regarding access for handicap cruisers. ie.... no handicap reserved tables in the Lido restaurant. The safe battery dying on us and having to wait for the man to come and fix it. Room service people just barley tapping at the door and you could not hear them, and a few other complaints.

Also for the noise we had of construction on our only sleep in day on our last cruise that woke us at 8 am, we are receiving 25$ pp OBC.

Thats all? I could have gotten at least $100

Archived