Is this a good dress for formal night?

sailingkiwi

I think this is a lovely dress for a formal night, the colour is lovely, I wish I could wear a colour like that, I go red like a beetroot when I get warm, so tend to go for darker colours.

Wear the dress and enjoy.

Still trying to decide. I generally don't wear long dresses unless they have been made for me as I am incredibly short in the body and they never seem to fit properly. I think that the last time I wore a long dress was 5 years ago on my wedding day!

But I keep going back to this dress...so maybe it is a sign.

It is from www.asos.co.uk and is a Coast dress.

I have a similar skin tone to the model and wear these colours a lot. In fact the top I am wearing now is a very similar colour!

OMG what a gorgeous dress - you're going to look fabu-licious on formal night! If you keep going back to this particular dress, it must be the one you need to wear. What kind of shoes are you wearing with it? Enjoy!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

VERY pretty, and quite unique as well! Absolutely wear it on formal night! As for being short in the torso, I have the same problem. The knot-front on your dress and vertical lines of the draping will give the illusion of a nice "hourglass" figure!

The only thing I'd add is you might want to look for a light wrap of some sort in case it gets chilly in the dining room.

OK... love the site where you found it! If I am a US size 6, what UK size am I? :)

I think I might go into Coast and try it on (they have a lot of really nice dresses, but this is the most unwedding like on I have seen). I don't like buying dresses without trying them on because they have to fit in so many different places.

A US 6 is a UK 10. There is normally two sizes different. Also, I think that UK clothes are cut smaller in the bust than US clothes.

Shoes, I think I would try a coloured pair, perhaps pink and I also wondered about orange.

I also have a rust coloured dress that I am considering wearing.

Archived