Which HAL ships have launderette?

katier825

The new Vista Style ships have no self-service laundries. I have stayed near the laundries on cruises and did not find the cabis near the self-service laundries any noisier than any other cabin. As a matter of fact, I like to stay near them as I like to do my own laundry on longer cruises.

Which HAL ships have launderette? I didn't think any did, but read another post where someone was wondering if the nearby cabins were noisy.

Thanks!

The Statendam, Ryndam, Veendam, Maasdam, Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Volendam, and Zaandam all have launderettes. As Doone mentioned above, the Vista class ships, which include the Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Westerdam, and Noordam, do not have launderettes. The new Eurodam also will be without launderettes.

The Statendam, Ryndam, Veendam, Maasdam, Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Volendam, and Zaandam all have launderettes.

Also the Prinsendam (unless they were lost in the recent drydock).

OK, First time poster and I just booked a 24 day Italy cruise on the Zuiderdam, my "retirement" cruise! I don't really want to take that many clothes, :D , so what is the procedures and costs for personal laundry on board. My longest cruise to date is 4 days, so this was never a problem. Thanks all.

:)

I just got off the Maasdam last week and there is self service laundry on decks 5, 6 & 9.

???How was the Massadam, I will be sailing on March 25th first time on Holland America. Would love to hear from you!:)

Also the Prinsendam (unless they were lost in the recent drydock).
The current deck plans on-line show one on the Main deck and one on the Verandah deck, but that's all. Were there more before the refit?

The current deck plans on-line show one on the Main deck and one on the Verandah deck, but that's all. Were there more before the refit?

That sounds right, John. I just didn't know if they disappeared in the drydock.

I know the golf simulator was supposed to be taken out, and knew anything was possible. I hadn't checked the deckplans since.

• 1 month later...

Just got off the Prinsendam. Laundry rooms on 6 and 10. There are about six stacking washer/dryers on deck 6 and 3 each washers and dryers on deck 10. They are free, as is laundry soap. There are also ironing boards and irons there.

OK, First time poster and I just booked a 24 day Italy cruise on the Zuiderdam, my "retirement" cruise! I don't really want to take that many clothes, :D , so what is the procedures and costs for personal laundry on board. My longest cruise to date is 4 days, so this was never a problem. Thanks all.

The Z does a great job with laundry. You'll enjoy getting your underwear back in a beautiful "gift basket"! :)

A bag of laundry (which does hold quite a good sized load of clothing) costs $12. Or you can get unlimited laundry for your cabin for $45 per week of cruise. It feels more like a vacation when you don't have to do your own laundry! Enjoy the Zuiderdam!

Moriah

Just got off the Prinsendam. Laundry rooms on 6 and 10. There are about six stacking washer/dryers on deck 6 and 3 each washers and dryers on deck 10. They are free, as is laundry soap. There are also ironing boards and irons there.

Really? On the Rotterdam we had to put coins in the machines to use them.

Really? On the Rotterdam we had to put coins in the machines to use them.

Yes, really! :) The Prinsendam is the only ship with complimentary self-service laundry. The soap is free on every ship with self-service, however. (Bring your own dryer sheets in every case.)

And speaking of using the ship's laundry service..... what is the "turnaround" time? e.g. give laundry bag to cabin steward at X:XX am/pm and have it back (the next day?) at X:XX am/pm. My guess would be to NOT plan on wearing something today you put into yesterday's laundry bag. Also, do the S Cabins (which get free laundry service) get a "faster" turnaround than those that pay? Thanks!

Yes, really! :) The Prinsendam is the only ship with complimentary self-service laundry. The soap is free on every ship with self-service, however. (Bring your own dryer sheets in every case.)

do you know how many quarters are required for laundry/drying on the Rotterdam?

do you know how many quarters are required for laundry/drying on the Rotterdam?

It's $3.00 total, but I can never quite remember which is which. I believe it's $2.00 to wash and $1.00 to dry. You can get change at the Front Desk.

Also, there's an iron and ironing board in the laundry room. Last time I checked there was also a laundry basket available.

Archived