Smoke on Azamara?

orchestrapal

That's good news to me, and a welcome confirmation. The same source told me that the reason was NOT for health, sanitary, or esthetic reasons, but because of the increased cost and insurance risk as a result of the Princess fire. Appreciating that "money does talk", I think that these new rules might well be inforced. I certainly hope so.

Hi Everyone !

Excuse me for being a bit off topic, but I have to say that I believe the non-smoking in Cabins on Celebrity may indeed be an April Fools joke. I see nothing to confirm this for Celebrity. We can always hope it is true. Eventually, there is little to no doubt it will happen.

:confused: We have been regulars on Oceania but like some of the up-coming Azamara cruises. What has been your experience on Azamara's making sure the non-smoking rules are followed.

Pretty much smoke-free Oceania is great and they make sure smokers observe the rules. Non-smokers, how was Azamara?:confused:

We were on Quest for the Dec. 8th Panama Canal cruise.

My DH and I are non-smokers, also had sailed on Ren, and

really enjoyed the non-smoking atmosphere. Maybe once or

twice I noticed a faint tobacco odor coming from a smoking

area, but nothing to speak of.

HOWEVER, I coughed the entire two weeks aboard ship due,

my doc says, to the chemicals (formaldyhyde) emitted

from the new wall coverings and new carpets, which can take

a long time to dissipate. (Who knew??)

I have a very very mild case of asthma and rarely use meds,

but nothing helped.

After disembarking at Acapulco the coughing stopped

almost instantly.

Really, it should be a note of warning to anyone with

sensitivities who plans to sail on a newly refurbished ship.

Hi Laura...

Guess It WAS a pipedream as Celebrity stated now that it was a MIXUP with the RCCL info, printed on their Cruise Docs. by mistake! IF the CHEAPER line RCCL can ban smoking in cabins...and the expensive Azamara also, why can't Celebrity???? Several people have written to their forum about having their balcony ruined for them by smokers on neigboring balconies!

Hi Laura...

Guess It WAS a pipedream as Celebrity stated now that it was a MIXUP with the RCCL info' date=' printed on their Cruise Docs. by mistake! IF the CHEAPER line RCCL can ban smoking in cabins...and the expensive Azamara also, why can't Celebrity???? Several people have written to their forum about having their balcony ruined for them by smokers on neigboring balconies![/quote']

Nancy,

Do you reeeeally believe it was a mixup?

How phony is thaat!

My thought is they're expecting a large number of

international passengers who smoke more than

we do and want their business.

If in fact Celebrity wanted No Smoking they could send out

an amendment to the documents explain the

"mixup." The smokers would go nuts.

What are you going to do? Have you already paid?

Laura

The negativity comes from the big disappointment we had an the Quest. We have cruised on Ren. cruises in tahiti, thus knew what to expect from the small ships, as far as accomodations. But , having cruised on most of celebrity's ship, we expected the experience on Quest to be a tad above. It ended up being two notches lower. The food, other than in the speciality restaurants was, at best, comparable to princess fare. The specialty restaurants' food quality- comparable to the regular dining room on Celebrity. Service was very good although somewhat disorganized. Shore excursions were highly disorganized, but for that- overpriced. The "butller"- basically our cabin steward dressed in a tuxedo. Canapes in the PM- 4 crackers with some fish spread on them. The "pivate" Thalassotherapy area in the front of the ship- we enjoyed in on Ren AND on Quest, except for the numerous times the "privacy" was not enforced and htere were no vacant lounges. Entertainment- guest entertainers were were very good (i.e. Dan Daly) but the ships entertiment staff- very mediocre. Bottom line- next small ship experience for us will be on a different cruise line.

Have to agree with your We too liked the no smoking but most other aspects of the cruise especialy the food were not good.We have just returned from The Royal Princess and could not fault the food or service far superior to Azamara.

USA Today Travel just posted an article indicating that Celebrity will be banning smoking on verandas in the not too distant future. By the way, we're considering Oceania Regatta and Azarama Journey for a Panama Canal cruise in Jan. '09? Any thoughts of one vs. the other?

USA Today Travel just posted an article indicating that Celebrity will be banning smoking on verandas in the not too distant future. By the way, we're considering Oceania Regatta and Azarama Journey for a Panama Canal cruise in Jan. '09? Any thoughts of one vs. the other?

I believe Azamara has limited smoking already as does Oceania

I am only familiar with O & they have 2 places for smokers 1 inside & 1 outside

Here's the update from RCCL's shareholder website:

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1128247&highlight=

That means that my source did have it right. Any bets on RCCL??

Hi Ed !

It's a very interesting question. I am very curious to see if RCCL follows. The thing is, if RCCL was going to do it, wouldnt they have announced it at the same time as Celebrity ?

I am thinking that RCCL may take a few months to see the reaction on Celebrity before they make a decision whether to proceed on RCCL or not.

Archived